Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original regeneration from the 8th into 9th Doctor told in the comics?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original regeneration from the 8th into 9th Doctor told in the comics?

Yeah that was the original plan which would have taken place in the finale issue of The Flood comic.

Basically Russell T Davis didn't want any companion other then Rose to travel with the 9th Doctor and the current comic book writers even had plans for a 9th Doctor Year One type of story line leading up to him meeting Rose Tyler. Where in that comic run The Doctor would have presumably ended up losing Destrii, his current companion of the time.

Which the 8th Doctor was to go out fighting against the Cybermen by having absorbed some of the Time Vortex to destroy them and the radiation energy would cause his regeneration.

Mind you I'm not entirely sure how the Time War would fit into all this but I figure if both the comic writers and RTD were actually semi working together they would have figured something out.

What are your guys thoughts on this? Would this have been something you wanted to see?

That sounds pretty cool. I think i remember Wizard Magazine publishing pics of that right before Wizard closed up shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
      That sounds pretty cool. I think i remember Wizard Magazine publishing pics of that right before Wizard closed up shop.
      Yeah it is cool sounding.

There is a single comic sketch of the newly regenerated 9th Doctor and here it is.

Enjoy

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎