No announcement yet.

The Mist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mist

Spike TV is launching a series based on Stephen King's The Mist. I'm happy and sad at the same time. The Frank Darabont movie in 2007 was the last movie to give me nightmares and that makes me happy to see more of this world. Most of the cast of this movie ended up on The Walking Dead. I guess the sequel that I was going to write, The Arrowhead Project, will never get started and that makes me sad.

Creator/executive producer Christian Thorpe told Entertainment Weekly that he constructed the series as something grander than a monster show. "We wanted it to be a show about fear and how people react when they are afraid," he said. The Mist premieres Thursday, June 22nd at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Spike TV.

Based on King's 1980 short story, the series focuses on the Copeland family. School teacher Eve (Alyssa Sutherland), husband Kevin (Morgan Spector) and their rebellious teenage daughter, Alex (Gus Birney) watch as a supernatural fog envelops their small town, ravaging those trapped outside. The clip begins with a soldier barging into a police station claiming he saw "something in the mist" and demanding a gun. "It's coming," he says ominously.

'The Mist': Watch Chilling Trailer for Stephen King TV Adaptation

I can't wait for this one! Ten episodes is a little short, but I'll make it work...

New trailer/preview for this is now out.

I...am not sure how to feel about this. I love the original "Mist" (the written story). I enjoyed the film, though I prefer the book ending, myself.

These trailers make it look interesting and I will likely tune in but I'm just not sure how well this will work on a week to week basis, I guess?

Comment

Don't know if anyone was still watching this but it's been officially cancelled. I never got around to seeing it (though the first season is up on Netflix or Hulu--one of those?). I'm not sure if I want to watch Season 1 now, knowing that it will never be finished.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎