Anyone still watch Smallville?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still watch Smallville?

I still watch Smallville.

Recently I got back into Smallville the tv show where I bought the DVD sets of Seasons 5 and 6 pretty cheap from the pawn shop days ago. Binge watched Season 5 and Im already on the last two discs of Season 6.

Been a long time since Ive watched Smallville and i noticed that for Seasons 5 and 6 they start using the weird X Files type bubbly music for some of the wacky spooky episodes like Chloe's ghost murder mystery and Clark and the silver kryptonite.

Plus another odd moment is that I think one of the last Brainiac Fine copies was affected by Lionel Luthor where Lionel was possessed by the Jor El A.I. the last brainiac took Martha and Lois to safety to the Fortress which was pretty lucky

I watch it occasionally. It's still enjoyable to watch... although some things now leave me scratching my head when I re-watch certain episodes. each season had it's odd moments for sure.

For me, the most oddest moments were:

The decision to have Whitney be 17 going on 18 when he was dating a 14-year-old Lana Lang. The writers didn't seem to realize how creepy THAT would look to us, they just wanted a easy way to get rid of Whitney so that Lana could become a free agent in the dating pool. There had to be better ways to do that, you know?

That craving ep with Amy Adams in it. They really wasted a wonderful actress on such a lame ep. Just why?

I could go on and on, but I don't want to spoil some things for you.
    Last edited by Aurora Moon; 05-30-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I still watch. Right now im at the beginning of season 5. Still loving it. Some of the stuff like Amy Adams hitting the digital deer is weird but i love the show still.
      Last edited by Austin 3:16; 05-30-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Hey now, Whitney dating Lana isn't nearly as creepy as when the football coach was dating Lana. Even if he was Dean Winchester.

Nor is it as creepy as Miss Grundy and Archie

I think there are a lot of people revisiting Smallville, especially lately, which is great I've been very nostalgic for it lately myself...

Comment

Planning on doing a rewatch during the summer. Watching some of the current DC shows on the CW made me appreciate and miss it more.
          Last edited by costas22; 06-01-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Didn't you jusat ask this question a few days ago? Oh yeah, you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
              That craving ep with Amy Adams in it. They really wasted a wonderful actress on such a lame ep. Just why?
              The CGI may< have been crappy but the story wasn't that bad. Jody was relateable and even though she was the FOTW, she didn't attack people at random. She didn't even actively went after her tormentor until he approached her again.

One thing that didn't make sense in this episode is that Lana would remember here third birthday with her parents. But the ending of the episode was nice with the Looney Toons cartoon.

Comment

Sometimes I get a bit nostalgic and watch some favourites. Given that I still have a few stories to finish, it's good to get a bit of a refresher.

To be honest, Smallville is the only show that I still haven't really given up on. I haven't watched other CW shows in ages.

Comment

I've been rewatching select episodes recently, from the show's first three years. I'd forgotten how different it all was, before Lois came on board.

Comment

I actually enjoyed season 6 a lot more now than I did when it aired but I still have problems with the way they wasted MR's last seasons with all that love triangle crap with Lana and how Clark's character was in BDA limbo for so long from season 5-7. I wasn't crazy with what they did with him in season 4.

I really like Labyrinth though and thought the way they filmed that episode was brilliant. Shelby's barking in the background was a very nice touch but I love the whole mindjob that phantom tried to do to Clark. Phil Morris did a nice job as the MM and I liked how he didn't upstage Clark but was there to boost him and not be an annoying preachy character who stole the spotlight like Oliver did so much.

I am having huge problems with the Veritas plot as I watched season 7 again though. I really despised that plot and how it completely contradicted Lionel's development in the early seasons along with the cave prophecy and so much of what I loved in seasons 2 & 3, my favorite seasons of the series by far.

I still lament how they never brought Morgan Edge back to create Intergang. A Morgan Edge who knew who the Blur was would have been a spectacular villain and made for an awesome plot. It would have been a far better plot than the lame Darkseid plot they did in season 10 which should have had an Intergang plot coupled with a Smallville version of a Crisis-like event from the comics between Smallville's 2 Earths seen in Luthor & Kent.

Comment

I just started rewatching the show because I was a mess after the show ended, it was a big heartbreak and I didn't dare to even think about it afterwards. My wounds are almost healed now so I live for the fanfics these days. I truly think Smallville brought superheroes to be a trend again so I'm hoping they will bring back the show one way or another. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCloisLover
                        I just started rewatching the show because I was a mess after the show ended, it was a big heartbreak and I didn't dare to even think about it afterwards. My wounds are almost healed now so I live for the fanfics these days. I truly think Smallville brought superheroes to be a trend again so I'm hoping they will bring back the show one way or another. What do you think?
                        I miss seeing many of the actors on a weekly basis since I thought the show had a lot of good ones who seem like they are very nice people in real life. But the thing is all good things must come to an end. I think they had some bad ideas here and there (like how they ruined season 8 after how good it started out & how it ended in Doomsday) but it was an overall good show.

I'm not sure if you watch Supernatural TheCloisLover, but as much as I love that show, I realize that they should probably have ended by now. I don't like what the writers have done in the past 4-5 seasons for the most part with a bunch of plots that don't have the same caliber writing regarding having the detail it had in the first 6 or 7 seasons. I also miss the early years of that show when Sam & Dean debated and mentally beat themselves up when they had to kill innocents being possessed by demons, etc. I just don't want them to crap away all the potentially great plots they can do for the final season (whichever one that will be) by the time that final season happens so that we're left with a weak final season plot to end the show on. Kripke definitely created the best characters and villains in that show, so I am hoping that it will feature Lucifer, Michael, Adam, and a bunch of others we've been waiting to see again.

But back to Smallville, by season 10 I think it was definitely obvious they were out of ideas with some of the episodes they had, like Prophecy & Fortune to name 2. I didn't like the way the Darkseid plot was done and since they knew they did not have the budget for an actual Darkseid or even his minions like Desaad as themselves (not possessing others), then they should have just done another plot for the season, like Intergang being created by Morgan Edge , one of the best villains the show ever had, after bringing him back. Intergang in the comics gets their weaponry from Darkseid's planet Apokolips, so the series could have ended with Clark preventing the coming of Darkseid while the main villains he would fight and write his headlines on would have been Morgan Edge and Intergang along with others involved with him had they listened to this idea that I had been posting about in the forums on this site since season 8. The whole VRA thing was pretty lame in my opinion.

I think if there was an interest by the showrunners, actors, etc to transition it into a Superman show, then it could've continued in some form. But I doubt Tom would have wanted to do that and such a show would require Michael to return full time as Lex and I don't think he wanted to do with the show or any spinoffs any more.

Oh yeah, I've been showing the series to one of my online friends & his roommate on my rabb.it channel and they liked it a lot until the Veritas stuff started which they despised just like I did when I first saw it and still do anytime I rewatch the series.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                          I miss seeing many of the actors on a weekly basis since I thought the show had a lot of good ones who seem like they are very nice people in real life. But the thing is all good things must come to an end. I think they had some bad ideas here and there (like how they ruined season 8 after how good it started out & how it ended in Doomsday) but it was an overall good show.

I'm not sure if you watch Supernatural TheCloisLover, but as much as I love that show, I realize that they should probably have ended by now. I don't like what the writers have done in the past 4-5 seasons for the most part with a bunch of plots that don't have the same caliber writing regarding having the detail it had in the first 6 or 7 seasons. I also miss the early years of that show when Sam & Dean debated and mentally beat themselves up when they had to kill innocents being possessed by demons, etc. I just don't want them to crap away all the potentially great plots they can do for the final season (whichever one that will be) by the time that final season happens so that we're left with a weak final season plot to end the show on. Kripke definitely created the best characters and villains in that show, so I am hoping that it will feature Lucifer, Michael, Adam, and a bunch of others we've been waiting to see again.

But back to Smallville, by season 10 I think it was definitely obvious they were out of ideas with some of the episodes they had, like Prophecy & Fortune to name 2. I didn't like the way the Darkseid plot was done and since they knew they did not have the budget for an actual Darkseid or even his minions like Desaad as themselves (not possessing others), then they should have just done another plot for the season, like Intergang being created by Morgan Edge , one of the best villains the show ever had, after bringing him back. Intergang in the comics gets their weaponry from Darkseid's planet Apokolips, so the series could have ended with Clark preventing the coming of Darkseid while the main villains he would fight and write his headlines on would have been Morgan Edge and Intergang along with others involved with him had they listened to this idea that I had been posting about in the forums on this site since season 8. The whole VRA thing was pretty lame in my opinion.

I think if there was an interest by the showrunners, actors, etc to transition it into a Superman show, then it could've continued in some form. But I doubt Tom would have wanted to do that and such a show would require Michael to return full time as Lex and I don't think he wanted to do with the show or any spinoffs any more.

Oh yeah, I've been showing the series to one of my online friends & his roommate on my rabb.it channel and they liked it a lot until the Veritas stuff started which they despised just like I did when I first saw it and still do anytime I rewatch the series.

Yeah me too, they kind of grew on you. I always felt like I really knew them and got lost in their world. I've never been that strongly committed to a show afterwards since I learned that all shows will end one day or another. At the time I thought everything was perfect but re-watching it makes me laugh at some stuff cause it kind of sucks but it's like seeing your best friend embarrass themselves. I've watched season 1-6 but lost the lust to continue further on, don't really know why but sometimes when you binge watch a show and they don't maintain good all through you loose this need to see it. Guess that's what happened. I started watching it right after Smallville ended actually. One of my many rebound series. I loved it, should maybe pick up where I left it or just re-watch the whole thing.

I agree the writers seemed tired at the end and the show deserved better but nothing could change that, I believe they should do a spin-off series with real stories but the actors are too old now. I would love to watch a spin-off but it would be weird without Tom, Erica, Alisson and Michael. Heck all the actors should've been the same, wouldn't trade anyone... People tend to laugh at me if I even bring out the name Smallville so you should be happy about your friends compassion lol!

Comment

Heh, yeah I understand what you mean TCL. I actually stopped watching this show for years after it ended and didn't begin watching it until maybe like late 2016 (around New Year's Eve I think). I always like watching the early seasons but I remembered how much I enjoyed even some later episodes like Labyrinth and the plot involving Grant Gabriel & Adrian Cross (the Julian Luthor clones) with Lois in Gemini. It's such a shame they killed off Grant so early and did nothing with his death afterwards. It was such a well thought out & executed plot beginning but they rushed his death and just wasted his character by not having any resolution.

I kind of wished they saved the Earth-1 Lionel until the finale for when Lex would return and kill him after he would have taken a positive mentoring role with Tess to make up for giving her away which would anger Lex to the point of killing him. It would have been interesting to have both Earth-1 & Earth-2 Lionels on Earth-1, though I could see that getting redundant even though the 2 Lionels were vastly different by that point. Or maybe they could have had an AI of the dead E1 Lionel much like in that Kryptonian item Clark found in his vault in Descent after his death where we heard Lionel's voice & saw Kryptonian symbols being projected out from it (the thing that looked like the Mirror Boxes seen later on in Season 10). It would have been interesting to see Tess interacting with a Lionel AI much like Clark did with the Jor-El AI. Especially in season 9 where she trusted the Kandorians and made mistakes--having some guidance from Lionel then would have been cool.

Comment

I rewatched the entire series, two years ago with my son, who was a too young when it originally aired. Now we watch, Flash, Arrow and Gotham together. We've already agreed that we will watch Smallville again in the next couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎