Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A rewatch of Arrow 1x01 to see how it's like after the flashbacks closing up?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rewatch of Arrow 1x01 to see how it's like after the flashbacks closing up?

Yeah I did that it was interesting. I'll just do a run down on my end and fair warning this is going to be rather long.

I watched the scenes with Oliver killing Kovar then racing to his box with putting on his "five year castaway" clothes before running to light the bonfire before I started watching 1x01. Just to put me in that mindset type of deal.

It does kind of bring a interesting perspective that Oliver literally just got done fighting and killing Kovar in a brutal fight before reaching that boat, just barely. The wig stuff eh it still is a little ridiculous but just kind of went with it, of this is a guy who had his whole mission planned out before returning home so needing a perfect cover.

Also the Deathstroke mask on the stick, brings a nice smile having seen Oliver put the mask on there himself.

The conversation that Oliver had with Moira on the boat, adds to Oliver and Moira reuniting in the hospital that they just talked 5 days ago.

Oliver's scars mental and physical after looking over the whole five years yeah it makes sense for why he has PTSD. This is a guy who was tortured repeatedly, Slade's betrayal, has seen people he loved and cared for die right in front of him, was lost to his own darkness for over a year before Talia helped. Also just the fact of 5 days ago Oliver was tortured by Kovar using the Red Death thing with reliving all his worst moments over the past 5 years, as it was all brought to the surface.

Also it's rewarding for all of Oliver's physical scars and tattoos we know how he got every single one of them.

Oliver already knowing about his sister's drug habit from 3x14 and the fact it hasn't gotten any better.

When Oliver is freeing himself from those zip ties before killing the men, of knowing how he did that and also what has led him to be this cold to execute the man to keep himself safe since the kidnappers were shown to use lethal force and to keep his secret. Although under different conditions, Oliver used the same neck breaking technique on the drug dealer years back at Tommy's birthday party in Starling City as well.

The VO Oliver has in his father's foundry of "the man in the hood was there and he's only just begun" having seen that Oliver got this dual persona from Talia to give his darker side a persona and a target for his foes like he explained to Anatoly.

Another interesting thing is Oliver using the recuvre bow he got from Talia then seeing The Hood suit for the "first time" also knowing when he first donned that in a apartment in Russia another gift from Talia with having spent a good amount of time in his fifth year going after the criminals in Russia. Also threating Adam Hunt with eventually taking the man down by rendering him broke and crossing him off The List, knowing Adam Hunt is not the first name to be crossed off.

Just Oliver wanting to go see Laurel, after knowing how he's looked at her picture on and off through those five years with "Laurel" helping him out of the Red Death so he could return home. Plus how much it pained Oliver to push Laurel away at the end.

Also just when discussing Sara from Laurel and Quentin when they talk about her dying, it's like which time? Since Oliver's seen her die twice and also honoring Sara's promise to let her family think she died on The Amazo.

Oliver fighting Darkon knowing just over some days ago he beat Kovar with even using some of the same moves then escaping out the window on a zipline without screwing up, unlike breaking into that military place during his time with Maseo and a ARGUS team while in Hong Kong.

Oh just Oliver letting Adam Hunt live with also Hunt making a comment to Quentin about The Hood putting four of his men in the hospital eh kind of makes me think the showrunners might have tried to make Oliver to much of a "monster" during his first year back in season 5, because Oliver was a lot more restrained then what they made it sound like.

Quentin saying if The Hood comes looking for trouble he'll find it and Anatoly having first gave Oliver's vigilante persona that name months ago.

This is just some of the stuff and really the main bulk of it. Also the pilot episode itself is good as always.

So yeah these are my thoughts. What about you guys? How has the completed 5 years of flashbacks changed the pilot and the rest of season 1 for you?

Good points. (except that Oliver told Sara's family that she died on the Gambit, not the Amazo )

I would like to add that this turn of events also explains the physician's words about Oliver having burns and half healed broken bones. Made no sense if he spend his time alone on Lian Yu for months before a fishing boat happened to come to the exact spot where Oliver placed his alarm fire (something that had irritated me all along).

So I think everything really came full circle now.

Comment

Originally posted by Freawaru
      Good points. (except that Oliver told Sara's family that she died on the Gambit, not the Amazo )

I would like to add that this turn of events also explains the physician's words about Oliver having burns and half healed broken bones. Made no sense if he spend his time alone on Lian Yu for months before a fishing boat happened to come to the exact spot where Oliver placed his alarm fire (something that had irritated me all along).

So I think everything really came full circle now.
      Glad you enjoyed and thanks for actually looking at this.

Oh yeah I meant to put the Gambit.

What do you mean by irritated you all along?

Yes everything has come full circle now.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
        What do you mean by irritated you all along?
        Just that is was so improbable that a fishing boat came to exactly that spot where they could see the fire:

1) It is a big island. It was never mentioned that Oliver made fires all along the coasts.
        2) To light it when a fishing boat came along Oliver would have needed to keep watch. Not possible on such a big island even if he indeed had build so many fires.
        3) Fishermen usually go to the same places. But if that spot had been a usual one they would have found Oliver before.
        4) Even so the fishermen almost overlooked the fire - it was quite small from their perspective.

All in all it would have been a very unlikely event. Anatoly bribing the fishermen to go there on a specific day makes much more sense.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎