No announcement yet.

Season 6 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shadow08
    Apparently, David Ramsey informed fans at a recent con that there's going to be an Olicity pregnancy in season 7. I haven't watched the show since the winter break (and still haven't found the energy to sit through Willa's farewell episode), but it's nice to have confirmation early that Arrow's still going to suck balls under the guise of a new writing team, which should surprise nobody. If the CW really wanted to take this show into a new direction, they wouldn't have promoted from within.

This show simply can't help itself when it comes to Olicity, ugh.

It just amazes me (not really) how many times Felicity escapes the jaws of death on the show. She's the only one who escapes dangerous encounters with just minor scratches or has some sort of chip to cure her.

Comment

• In the precinct attack, Diaz was 'this' close to putting a bullet in Felicity's brain. While the stakes were high -- intel that could expose all of Diaz' collaborators in SCPD and civic officials ... was it really worth it for her to go in there pell-mell essentially just to prove a point, while risking anyone and everyone who'd have to fish her bacon out of the frying pan? Diaz could and would have killed them both without hesitation. Oliver was in the right here.

This is the only math that counts:

The need to ensure that William has at least one parent alive > Felicity's need to prove her worth in the field.

Any change to this equation makes little sense.

And they didn't even get the intel at the end of it too! It really was dumb luck and Oliver's nick-of-time heroics that saved her then. There would be two bodies in the morgue and Raisa stuck as William's guardian had it truly gone sideways.

Here's news about another largely fan-driven, "popular" wish/expectation/critique that turned out to be sound and fury signifying squat:

The one thing that boggles the mind (and frankly, gets irritating to some degree), as a fan who isn't all that interested in the minutiae of relationshipping in the fandom, is the excessive focus on as-yet unseen Olicity baby/babies. If we're to take SA at his word, Oliver won't have time to be dealing with any babies in S7. He's basically said no to the possibility next season.

Maybe it's a misdirect (possible), but we need only look at the fate of another Arrowverse baby -- Baby John Jr., son of the House of Diggle -- to see that babies barely register if at all on-screen. When was the last time Junior made a dent in the storyline? Probably that episode last year in the future when the "adult" Junior had become the Green Arrow. He had to be an adult in a future timeline to be relevant.

As a baby, he has been invisible as far as plot is concerned. As a viewer, invisible in TV terms = irrelevant.

For all we know, Junior is on the Waverider helping Team Sara to prevent Napoleon from using machine guns at Waterloo, helping Wells recalibrate his brain in Central City, or proofreading James Olsen's editorials in National City. While spilling Froot Loops all over his bib. All that's my head canon until proven otherwise. #Junior #TheForgottenSon #LylaRaisedAGeniusWarrior

Remember when everyone and their pet corgis thought Donna was going to monopolize Season 5 with Felicity over-parenting and Quentin romancing -- the season that turned out to be the Season of Prometheus? The fandom was 0-for-1 on a S5 Donna-palooza.

So, yeah, I'll be taking "what fans want/expect" with a huge grain of salt next season. Don't care what's said on Tumblr or Reddit either. Not that there's anything wrong with going on there, it's just allergy season and I'm allergic to portals like those, lol. Sound and fury, right?

(Okay, rant switch *off* )

Comment

• I wonder if there were plans for a pregnancy by the Guggenheim/Mericle regime and Beth Schwartz nixed them. Either that or Ramsey was just expressing his wishful thinking when he told those fans about a possible Olicity baby. Wouldn't be the first time...

Comment

• Please don't fall for it, guys. Amell is just trying to throw people off the scent just like he did prior to the season 6 finale when he told fans at cons that Oliver wouldn't out himself as the Green Arrow and besides, David Ramsey didn't say that there would be Olicity babies next season. He said Felicity would be pregnant, so technically, she could be pregnant in season 7 but give birth in a potential season 8.

Comment

• I would say no one knows for sure. SA would be most likely to know, even more than Ramsey.

It is a new order and Schwartz doesn't have to do what MG and Co. have on their wish list, although it's also possible she could stay on the same trajectory. But if you've got keys to a new car, why would you be happy leaving it in the garage? I'm hoping doing things differently is part of her m.o., and why shouldn't she, with S7 being her own season.

The S6 finale may not have been written yet when SA offered up his thoughts, but I'm also pretty sure TPTB tell him about the general arc of a season prior to filming. So he'd be aware of themes and maybe certain checkpoints or arcs in a given season, but I assume even he wouldn't know an episode's specific plot points until he gets a completed script.

I just find the whole Olicity baby thing and the focus on it a bit excessive. The Arrowverse should be worried about Oliver sticking the landing on the series endgame --- not obsessing over whether Felicity will finally get to have a baby. I'm wary of a misdirection, but I take heart that this could be a whole S5 Donna brouhaha all over again too. Donna didn't show up til S6, so they might get Felicity pregs in a S7 finale as a schmaltzy "cliffhanger". They'd better be sure S8 is a go, before planning for that.

My guess is Oliver is now more worried about getting shivved in the prison beefaroni line by the triads, the gangbangers, or Vertigo or Blood's old crews. He 'wishes' all he had to think about are nurseries and babies. The only thing cooing in his ear now are the bloodcurdling vows to gut him open by the prisoners he himself had placed there.

Sweet dreams, Ollie.
            Last edited by President_Luthor; 05-20-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• If Guggie were still in charge, I'd say Olicity babies would be a realistic possibility. Now that Beth's taking over, I would put the odds lower, but that's just b/c my personal bias is that I don't think having a vigilante action-hero take on baby-daddy duties for a domestic dramedy storyline is a good idea and would be more of a distraction, taking away from the action focus of the show. But since I know nothing about Beth, I have no idea.

The Donna brouhaha can be defended for the following reason: Season 4! I don't think it was totally unrealistic for people to be worried about Donna becoming a regular in S5. I think the fact that she got sidelined isn't necessarily b/c Guggie on his own decided he didn't want to continue the New Adventures of Annoying Donna. It's very possible, given the criticism that season received as well as the fact that they ended up doing a semi-“takeback” by bringing KC back and then going out and getting another BC (Dinah) after Guggie had blustered about Laurel’s death being necessary in order to bring stakes back, that people above Guggie intervened in the direction in which he was taking the show. In other words, it's possible that left to his own devices and without external pressures and criticism, Guggie's original vision was to include more Smoak family drama in S5. The fact that it didn't happen, doesn't mean, in my eyes, that some of the original fears weren't well-founded. However, I can't prove that there was intervention from above, so that's just me theorizing and maybe it is the case that he never once had a vision of keeping Donna around in S5.

Anyway, maybe Guggie was going to do Olicity babies in S7 and that's where DR was coming from, but now Beth's in charge and she's not and that's where SA's coming from? Maybe there will be a pregnancy near end of S7 and baby in S8? Or maybe there will be a pregnancy in S7 that ends in miscarriage, which would be a way to generate conflict for both Oliver and Felicity, intrapersonal conflict for each, as well as interpersonal conflict between the two (blame, guilt, grief, etc), and perhaps external conflict with a villain if such a person were to be responsible for the miscarriage (for ex. let's say Felicity gets pregnant, gets attacked by a villain, loses the baby)

Comment

• I get the fans' fears post-S4, which most fans myself included say was the weakest. I guess what I'm saying is how it looked where both sides got frothed up in a lather about Donna -- who turned out to be a non-factor in S5. It just looked like a lot of effort to exert over something that ultimately didn't matter.

I think the BC walk back had to be a directive from on high aka MG's DC masters. Geoff Johns or some higher up at WB/DC. No one can pretend the BC death blowback was only mild. Donna being excised from S5 may have been related, but in terms of course correction. My guesses only, maybe there was pushback in the writers' room, who knows.

If Oliver gets out of prison in the premiere and Felicity makes a furtive pharmacy visit, that won't bode well.

If Oliver is scrambling to get Anatoly on the phone to ensure Bratva protection on the inside to stay alive another day, that would be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
                  I guess what I'm saying is how it looked where both sides got frothed up in a lather about Donna -- who turned out to be a non-factor in S5. It just looked like a lot of effort to exert over something that ultimately didn't matter.
                  True, in a sense. But some people enjoy getting frothed up, and so there's not a lot of effort being expended on their part

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                  If Oliver gets out of prison in the premiere and Felicity makes a furtive pharmacy visit, that won't bode well.

If Oliver is scrambling to get Anatoly on the phone to ensure Bratva protection on the inside to stay alive another day, that would be better.

Comment

• To put it another away:

This:

Felicity: "Can you do me a really big favour, Curtis? Can you pick up, umm, a pregnancy test while you're doing a Walgreens run? You can't tell anyone either. I'll owe you. Big time.

Curtis: "Aww hell no, not more secrets and lies. Why can't you get Dinah to get it?

Felicity: "Cuz she might let it slip to Oliver? Or worse, tell that Bad Girl Laurel with the prickly attitude. And you know Rene will tell Oliver the first chance he gets."

Curtis: "True dat. *sigh* Fine. This is not going to end well ... "

Or, this:

Guard: "Queen!!! You got five minutes' visitation. NO funny business!"

Oliver: "Anatoly, I'm at my wits end here! If I don't shiv that triad shotcaller by sundown like they asked, the Blood crew is going to slice me open tomorrow at the mess hall. You have to reach out to the Bratva and get me protection, tonight, or I'm done for."

Anatoly: These things take time, Kapiushon ...

Oliver: Tonight, Anatoly. Or I'm as good as dead.

Guard: "QUEEN!!! Visiting hours are OVER! Get your ASS back in your cell! Or do we have to give you a black eye to match the other one!

Oliver: Alright, I'm going. I'm out of options, Anatoly --

Big Andre: (to Oliver, creepily) I'll look for you at the gym later, sweetness. 😈

Oliver: 😨 *exchanges desperate, panicked look with Anatoly,* (He leaves, his spirit sinking, cradling the shiv the Bloods gave him for his task.)

Anatoly: How nice. Oliver may have new friend. But I suspect Big Andre not looking for friendship -- but just as playmate. He really has no time left. Protection he shall have. Now, he owes me -- big time ..."

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎