Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 6 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "His frustration rising, Oliver lashes out at Felicity and William." Right. I'll believe this one when I see it, because Oliver hasn't done this when it comes to Felicity since Season 2, at least not with it having any consequences. William, I feel sorry for.

If it does happen, I'm sure some of the more psychotic Olicity fans will say he's being domestically abusive and ignore people pointing out the fact Felicity has treated Oliver like garbage during times when SHE is overly frustrated or claim that "its not the same thing."

Oh, and if they mean he physically ​lashes out, they WILL lose a ton of viewers. Period. Won't matter if they're comics fans, Olicity fans, or general fans.

Comment

• Since "to lash out" at someone, even verbally, implies an undercurrent of anger, violence, harshness, this means that, no matter the provocation, Oliver's response will be wrong somehow (too harsh, too abusive, too overreactive etc). This means that Felicity will be the victim. So this nicely preserves the usual dynamic where Oliver is always wrong, and Felicity is, if not right, then at least the wronged party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelby Kent
        Since "to lash out" at someone, even verbally, implies an undercurrent of anger, violence, harshness, this means that, no matter the provocation, Oliver's response will be wrong somehow (too harsh, too abusive, too overreactive etc). This means that Felicity will be the victim. So this nicely preserves the usual dynamic where Oliver is always wrong, and Felicity is, if not right, then at least the wronged party.
        Oliver: Felicity! We're not cooking dinner together anymore!
        Felicity: But...
        Oliver: Not tonight! Not never! I have enough of this!
        Felicity: ...but you kind liked it? Remember our omelettes in Ivy Town and... *hint*
        Oliver: I hate omlettes. They've failed me as truly nourishing food.
        Felicity: Okay, no more cooking then. Let's just go to Big Belly Burger.

(something else happenes during remaining 40 minutes of the episode, but it's all irrevelant)

Comment

• Eating Big Belly Burgers is tantamount to a death sentence in the Flarrowverse. That's what Team Flash feeds their (again, illegal) meta prisoners daily. I think we don't hear about them any more ... because they're all dead, by fatally high cholesterol in their blood. Triple Stack Big Belly Burgers with extra bacon and cheese 5x a week will do that. Now who's the villain, Flash.

I guess they had to give Oliver some lashing out time out of some weird sense of balance, considering the rest of the team -- new and old -- got plenty of lashin' out time during their ridiculous civil war. Everyone else got to have a childish tantrum, so it's his turn up to bat.

William's gonna grow up to be a supervillain. I'm tellin' ya, there is an alternate Earth where William grows up to be Ra's Al Ghul. And those seeds were likely sown in late S5-S6. Maybe he should start studying Machiavelli, Caesar's campaigns and medieval Arabic now, just to get a head start on his Big Bad destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amarice
            Oliver: Felicity! We're not cooking dinner together anymore!
            Felicity: But...
            Oliver: Not tonight! Not never! I have enough of this!
            Felicity: ...but you kind liked it? Remember our omelettes in Ivy Town and... *hint*
            Oliver: I hate omlettes. They've failed me as truly nourishing food.
            Felicity: Okay, no more cooking then. Let's just go to Big Belly Burger.

(something else happenes during remaining 40 minutes of the episode, but it's all irrevelant)

Digg: "Oliver! Apologize to Felicity and admit you were wrong!"
            Oliver: "What? But she-"
            Digg: "Damnit, man, apologize now! Don't you know she's better than all of us?"
            Oliver sulkily: "Okay, okay. Jeez." Takes deep breath and releases it. "Felicity, I'm sorry. I was wrong. I always am. I always will be."

Originally posted by President_Luthor
            William's gonna grow up to be a supervillain. I'm tellin' ya, there is an alternate Earth where William grows up to be Ra's Al Ghul. And those seeds were likely sown in late S5-S6. Maybe he should start studying Machiavelli, Caesar's campaigns and medieval Arabic now, just to get a head start on his Big Bad destiny.
            This would be so interesting. Why, oh, why couldn't you be in charge of this show! *sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor

Meh. Arrow basically ripped its League of Assassins story line right out of Batman. So just imagine William as Arrow's Damien Wayne. Will Arrow last long enough for that story line to happen? I hope not. Not unless they go the full distance and fix the whole Laurel debacle with Black Siren.

Comment

• The next ep.'s promo is a bit puzzling too. They have Nyssa saying Thea is "Heiress to the Demon" -- one can assume they mean because she's Malcolm's daughter. While it's true he was Ra's Al Ghul for a spell ... he wasn't the last Ra's Al Ghul in the Arrowverse. That honour belongs to Ra's actual daughter, Nyssa. The succession ended with Nyssa, who also dissolved the LOA as her final act. And this is actual series canon too.

Technically, there is no League for Thea to be heir of.

It seems they're glossing over 4x13, when Nyssa (briefly) was the Demon's Head after the Oliver-Malcolm duel:

In other words, Thea 'was' Heiress to the Demon ... up until 4x13 when Malcolm was effectively dethroned. Thea would be heir of squat at this point.

They are probably also tying up loose ends re: what ever happened to the Pit water that Malcolm squirreled away, since that LOA faction is looking for some box he possessed.

As much as I'd like to see a longer LOA arc spill into next season, I don't think that could happen in a practical sense. It will wrap up before season's end.

All of this is basically done to set up Thea's eventual departure to Offscreenville, most likely with Roy.

Comment

• President Luthor: Here's my thoughts on the issue.

We know that Malcolm was returned to shortly after he was recruited by the Legion and his memory wiped. Darhk was dead, his daughter hated him, and all he had left was a few acolytes who had followed him after the dissolution of the League (remember we saw some of them working with H.I.V.E. in season 4). Malcolm did not show up in Season 5 at all until Thea was kidnapped, so he had to have been busy. The title of the next episode is "The Thanatos Guild" and I would hazard a guess this is a new variant of the League of Assassins that Malcolm​ founded and organized in the interim between Darhk's death and Malcolm popping up in 5x22. Thanatos is the personification of Death in ancient Greek mythology, a 'guild' is a society with shared values. So a Thanatos Guild would be a society of people who share a taste for death, in this case dealing it. Since Malcolm is the founder, they would not recognize Nyssa's authority as the last Ra's al Ghul because in their eyes she was not, and Thea would therefore, in their eyes, be the Heiress of the Demon.

So, yes, there is technically a League for Thea to be the Heiress of. Just not the one we knew and since most people decide to ignore almost everything from Season 4, they ignore the fact that even after Nyssa dissolved the League, there were members of it working for Malcolm after he aligned himself with H.I.V.E.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDBentz
                    President Luthor: Here's my thoughts on the issue.

We know that Malcolm was returned to shortly after he was recruited by the Legion and his memory wiped. Darhk was dead, his daughter hated him, and all he had left was a few acolytes who had followed him after the dissolution of the League (remember we saw some of them working with H.I.V.E. in season 4). Malcolm did not show up in Season 5 at all until Thea was kidnapped, so he had to have been busy. The title of the next episode is "The Thanatos Guild" and I would hazard a guess this is a new variant of the League of Assassins that Malcolm​ founded and organized in the interim between Darhk's death and Malcolm popping up in 5x22. Thanatos is the personification of Death in ancient Greek mythology, a 'guild' is a society with shared values. So a Thanatos Guild would be a society of people who share a taste for death, in this case dealing it. Since Malcolm is the founder, they would not recognize Nyssa's authority as the last Ra's al Ghul because in their eyes she was not, and Thea would therefore, in their eyes, be the Heiress of the Demon.

So, yes, there is technically a League for Thea to be the Heiress of. Just not the one we knew and since most people decide to ignore almost everything from Season 4, they ignore the fact that even after Nyssa dissolved the League, there were members of it working for Malcolm after he aligned himself with H.I.V.E.
                    Sounds good to me. I love all the dynastic ramifications that could spin out of it. I agree that the LOA wouldn't just evaporate because Nyssa said so. It would become ... something else. This also means Oliver and Nyssa still got a ring on it.

I figure that behind the scenes there would be the sort of factional in-fighting that spun out of the (too brief) Nyssa vs. Malcolm LOA civil war. There would be Nyssa loyalists who'd recognize no one but Nyssa. And Malcolm loyalists (the "Malcolm Malcontents"?) who pledged their lives to Malcolm even after he was dethroned -- and we've seen them active after S4 as you mentioned. And those loyalties wouldn't die with the League, they'd just align with other groups like H.I.V.E. or morph into something else. There are probably also those outcast LOA'ers who followed Talia into exile in that fortress.

In terms of the Malcolm succession line and his followers -- Thea would be next in line, with Nyssa effectively declared an illegitimate claimant. On the flip side, Nyssa followers would declare Malcolm's reign ended when he lost the ring and with it, any claim of his successors. There could be multiple claimants to the throne of Ra's Al Ghul ... heck, even Oliver/Al Sahhim (going off the deep end in speculation here) if there are ninjas who see his betrayal as "saving" the LOA from O.G. Ra's madness and Malcolm's corruption. If there are Al Sahhim loyalists, they're probably on some alternate Earth.

As unrealistic, and not entirely serious, as my William=Heir to the Demon theory is, I love it for its craziness. It hinges on Oliver and Nyssa still being 'LOA married' (Oliver being the official consort), making William the next heir (a big assumption that the LOA 1)accepts him as a legitimate son and not a bastard, in the inheritance sense 2)accepts the son of Al Sahhim - a traitor in some eyes - as Nyssa's "son"/heir) #SonoftheDemon

Comment

• Hopefully, we'll find out what happened to Talia. I hope they have Nyssa comment quickly on Talia's whereabouts.

Comment

• Caity Lotz will return for the S6 finale.

http://collider.com/arrow-season-6-finale-caity-lotz/

Hopefully they’re going to give Sara closure over losing E1 Laurel (Quentin too); not just trying to help in E2 Laurel’s rehab.
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-29-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                          Caity Lotz will return for the S6 finale.

Though Legends of Tomorrow will soon wrap its third season, it won't be the last we see of Caity Lotz's Sara Lance in the Arrowverse this year; she will be returning to Arrow for its Season 6 finale, as confirmed today.

Hopefully they’re going to give Sara closure over losing E1 Laurel (Quentin too); not just trying to help in E2 Laurel’s rehab.
                          Mark My words now: If e-2 laurel successfully transitions from bad to good guy, expect the rest of team arrow to treat her as E-1 Laurel from now on by mid season 7 (if Arrow gets a season 7). It'll be like nothing happened as far as Laurel's death goes and only Oliver will have misgivings due to conflicting emotions (between his old feelings for e-1 laurel and the fact that he's married and has a kid).

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantLord
                            Mark My words now: If e-2 laurel successfully transitions from bad to good guy, expect the rest of team arrow to treat her as E-1 Laurel from now on by mid season 7 (if Arrow gets a season 7). It'll be like nothing happened as far as Laurel's death goes and only Oliver will have misgivings due to conflicting emotions (between his old feelings for e-1 laurel and the fact that he's married and has a kid).
                            They won't share any scenes, so there will be no such problem. Last female character that was allowed near Oliver has been just send off. At least they hadn't killed Thea off. I'm really glad that I hadn't started watching S6 of "Arrow". I've seen the goodbye scene between Oliver and Thea (apparently in "Arrow" there is also Goodbye Road, just like Cursed Back Alley Behind Police Precinct in Glades) and it felt just like another obligatory point that got checked out on the list.

Btw. if I get it rigth it seems that Black Siren wants to get back Laurel's position in DA office. Did she study law/worked as a lawyer on E-2?
                            Last edited by Amarice; 03-30-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• I didn't want to put this in the regular ep thread for 6x16 -- just in case the DVR, non-live and outside-the-US viewers haven't seen it yet -- but this latest ep., I'm sad to say, has resolved the hilariously bigamous question mark hovering over Oliver and Felicity's marriage.

Bow you heads, and mourn the end of #Olyssa. Nyssa officially annulled their marriage --she really was the only one who could have done so. On the plus side, she milked their obvious discomfort over it to the max, and relished it too! The Daughter of the Demon -- well, one of them, as Thea gets that moniker too via her Merlyn bloodline -- was delightfully mischievous to the hilt

Lots of snide references to Felicity taking her husband, with Felicity and Oliver both squirming whenever she made those "husband" cracks. And Nyssa even called Felicity her "sister-wife". Yeah, Nyssa was awesome in this episode.

As for BS (who didn't factor in this ep), it does look increasingly like they're going with some form of redemption arc for E2 Laurel. If so, then this increases Quentin's odds of paying the piper to put E2 Laurel 'over' storywise or, if he's lucky, he gets an exit where he gets to live. Not sure if I want to see Quentin try to recapture (rehash) some weird father-daughter relationship drama with Laurel from another Earth if they extend his life into S7.

I still want a 'heel' Black Siren who'll toy with them and then blindside the hell out of the lot of them: Quentin, Oliver, Team Arrow, Diaz/Dragon etc. We may yet be surprised, but I think the odds of this happening may be less likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
                                I didn't want to put this in the regular ep thread for 6x16 -- just in case the DVR, non-live and outside-the-US viewers haven't seen it yet -- but this latest ep., I'm sad to say, has resolved the hilariously bigamous question mark hovering over Oliver and Felicity's marriage.

Bow you heads, and mourn the end of #Olyssa. Nyssa officially annulled their marriage --she really was the only one who could have done so. On the plus side, she milked their obvious discomfort over it to the max, and relished it too! The Daughter of the Demon -- well, one of them, as Thea gets that moniker too via her Merlyn bloodline -- was delightfully mischievous to the hilt

Lots of snide references to Felicity taking her husband, with Felicity and Oliver both squirming whenever she made those "husband" cracks. And Nyssa even called Felicity her "sister-wife". Yeah, Nyssa was awesome in this episode.

As for BS (who didn't factor in this ep), it does look increasingly like they're going with some form of redemption arc for E2 Laurel. If so, then this increases Quentin's odds of paying the piper to put E2 Laurel 'over' storywise or, if he's lucky, he gets an exit where he gets to live. Not sure if I want to see Quentin try to recapture (rehash) some weird father-daughter relationship drama with Laurel from another Earth if they extend his life into S7.

I still want a 'heel' Black Siren who'll toy with them and then blindside the hell out of the lot of them: Quentin, Oliver, Team Arrow, Diaz/Dragon etc. We may yet be surprised, but I think the odds of this happening may be less likely.
                                Yep. Based on what I've been reading the reports all indicate that they've been planting and nurturing the seeds for a black siren face turn for a while now. Which is fine. I did not like Dinah, at all. And her grudge against Siren is laughable at best. She wants vengeance for a dead boyfriend who's guts she supposedly hated an episode or 2 before he got offed. Ok then. It just seems like what ever she felt for Vigilante made no sense given the circumstances.

Hopefully once they spend the next season or 2 transitioning Laurel to hero (it will take a while, make no mistake, think Xena) Dinah will get huffy with her team and Curtis once too often and she'll be booted off and just leave Star City.

Honestly if Oliver and Felicity weren't already married I'd reconcider watching the show. The CW genuinly seems to be attempting to correct their Laurel debacle.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎