Season 6 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kal El's Equal
    His wife, sister and son are alive. Doesn't need anyone else
    But of course! His beloved wife Nyssa is still alive, and he already has a child, so there is no need for Olicity babies! I'm just praying that we won't get a storyline with Felicity playing stepmom to William, because that would just be too weird.

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
      But of course! His beloved wife Nyssa is still alive, and he already has a child, so there is no need for Olicity babies! I'm just praying that we won't get a storyline with Felicity playing stepmom to William, because that would just be too weird.
      William would find it confusing, having 2 step-mothers no doubt. Plus, Felicity would be setting a poor example for William, as a strong feminist role model, if she thinks so little of herself as to be so desperate to be with Oliver that she consents to be in a polygamous marriage. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
        William would find it confusing, having 2 step-mothers no doubt. Plus, Felicity would be setting a poor example for William, as a strong feminist role model, if she thinks so little of herself as to be so desperate to be with Oliver that she consents to be in a polygamous marriage. Sad.
        There is only one reply to this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Obama mic drop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	6628602

Comment

Well, let's see: the themes for the first two seasons paid off properly. Season 3 and 4... uh, what were the themes for those again? Season 5 has paid off the theme of legacy very well, IMO, and according to MG via his Tumblr (and I think on Twitter, too) they intend to continue this brand of writing in Season 6. I'm hoping that includes not focusing on the romantic aspects except in filler episodes where it makes sense to have the focus be on stuff like that, but we'll see.

Other things I've heard so far about S6 from tweets about HVFF London that WEREN'T shippers going nutso: Sara will be meeting Black Siren, and both Katie and Emily would love for there to be a Black SIren/Oliver/Felicity triangle (I'm iffy about this one!).

Comment

Originally posted by Kal El's Equal
            His wife, sister and son are alive. Doesn't need anyone else
            Don't forget about father figure Quentin.

Comment

What could possibly go wrong in a household where William will have, de facto, three moms?

[We return to Earth-TLC and Oliver's palatial oceanside estate in Malibu CA. It's a crossover and Cisco pays the Queens a visit.]

Cisco: "So, William, how's it going in Casa del Queen? Your moms treating you right?

William: My mom is great. I just helped her put up Adrian Chase's sword over the mantelpiece! My other mom, Nyssa, is cool but very strict too. She said I can go to ninja camp next summer! And Auntie Felicity is cool too. She taught me how to make a kale and banana smoothie -- and write my first HTML page!

They fight sometimes over silly stuff like who's yoga mat is whose, who ate the last of the quinoa ... but Uncle Roy usually plays referee and keeps them from getting too angry. He says girls will be girls, but Momma Nyssa always put him in a League headlock when he says stuff like that. It's pretty funny when she does, he turns all blue and stuff.

Cisco: Hmm, sounds like one, ahem, busy household.

Nyssa: William Marcus Aurelius Clayton Queen, Viscount of Nanda Parbat, Son of Al Sahhim and Heir to the Demon!!! If you don't clean up your room right now, I swear, in my father's name you will do penance by walking to school tomorrow ... barefoot ... while reciting Sun Tzu's Art of War ... in Latin!

Cisco: Somebody's in trouble, bro.

William: I'd better go. My Latin hasn't been the best since Momma Nyssa put my last tutor to the sword. Thanks for fixing my Wii, Cisco. *to Nyssa* I'm coming, Ma!

Cisco: I'm worried about that kid.

Samantha: *defensive* What, you're saying we're not good mothers?

Cisco: Whoa, that's not what I meant ...

Felicity: Yeah, dude! I may be his Auntie Felzie but I'm practically his mom too. We've been busting our asses trying to raise that kid right. He's the luckiest kid in the world, he's got three amazing mommies who want him to grow up happy, healthy and *cough* ruler of the world.

Samantha: *fist bumps Felicity* True dat.

Cisco: Uhh -- maybe it's best if I go now ... even though tonight is Tex-Mex night and Oliver's become quite the culinary expert. Gonna miss his steak fajitas. (outside) Great Scott, that kid is going to grow up to be the next Ra's Al Ghul! Oliver might want to get in front of that."

--Meanwhile, Oliver is lost in the middle of nowhere in his minivan, 60 miles from Malibu ...

Oliver: *barking at Siri's botched GPS directions on his iPhone* What do you mean I'm now in downtown Malibu?! I'm nowhere near Malibu! This steak's not gonna grill itself. This is worse than an Adrian Chase blindside. William's moms are gonna have my hide for this!"

Comment

So what's up wit Evelyn? All reports I read say she switched sides over to Prometheus's side early, was it ever stated why? Or was this just more random junk for the sake of side switching drama?

Also based on what I've read I hope she does die, she didn't seem to be much beyond filler anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                  So what's up wit Evelyn? All reports I read say she switched sides over to Prometheus's side early, was it ever stated why? Or was this just more random junk for the sake of side switching drama?

Also based on what I've read I hope she does die, she didn't seem to be much beyond filler anyways.
                  You will never get an answer to that question Because of the Reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if Evelyn was just killed off screen.

Similarly, we'll never learn if Billy had a funeral, what has happened with Ragman, what has happened with Susan's investigation (and with Susan in general - but it seemes that she got out in one piece although she was a Temporarily Love Interest), how exactly GA was pardoned after killing a cop and most importantly if Rene finished that Comstat report.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
                    You will never get an answer to that question Because of the Reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if Evelyn was just killed off screen.

Similarly, we'll never learn if Billy had a funeral, what has happened with Ragman, what has happened with Susan's investigation (and with Susan in general - but it seemes that she got out in one piece although she was a Temporarily Love Interest), how exactly GA was pardoned after killing a cop and most importantly if Rene finished that Comstat report.
                    So...basically more sloppy writing then?

I'll give this much for Arrow, it's consistent over the last season and a half then. Just not in any good ways. From what my sources and reports tell me Oliver should have had this season's bad guy beaten by episode 1 and they milked an entire season out of him because of emotional mistakes.

Comment

So...basically more sloppy writing then?
                      Just convinient skipping over the hardest parts. And since right now I'm watching really depressing and hard emotionally short tv show on Netflix I know why they even try to write the difficult scenes - because in most cases the actors simply wouldn't be able to pull this off.

I'll give this much for Arrow, it's consistent over the last season and a half then. Just not in any good ways. From what my sources and reports tell me Oliver should have had this season's bad guy beaten by episode 1 and they milked an entire season out of him because of emotional mistakes.
                      They didn't even meet with Prometheus that early. He was good as an enemy, and Josh Segarra acting was an added value. But the story fell apart for me after the Big Reveal - another forced identity crisis. They just shouldn't strech the plot over all 23 episodes - procedural approach of season 1 worked fine for me.

Comment

Though Evelyn was easily the least developed of the newbies, there was a reason, or motive - if we can call it that - for her not trusting Oliver and eventually betraying him.

She had found out that Oliver/GA had once been the murderous Hood (SC saw the Hood/Arrow and GA as two separate vigilantes thanks to Roy's sacrifice). Oliver wouldn't let her kill the people who murdered her parents, which she found as obviously hypocritical coming from the former Hood. She stayed on the team for a bit, but she was no longer doing the vigilante thing for Oliver but for herself. When it hit the fan, she bleated something about Oliver being a fraud and the city needing to be saved from him. "Bratty" is the word that comes to mind with Evelyn.

It gets hazy from the period of her falling out with Oliver to the point when she revealed she was in league with Prometheus. It was intentionally vague as they wanted us to feel like it was one of many Chase "blindsides" we didn't see coming. In a way it was, but it would have had more impact had they invested more time in fleshing out Evelyn. She had become more plot device than person at this stage.

So she did have reasons, with Oliver's hypocrisy re: killing a legitimate one (on paper), but we never really got to know Evelyn enough to care. She abhorred Oliver's Hood sins ... so the solution was to cast her lot with another murderous dude. That's what befuddled a lot of people about her.

There are fans that want Evelyn to survive the island, and even like her "arc" (I don't think she was around long enough to have an arc) -- but it would be fair to say it's a minority view ... but I agree with most fans on not liking or caring about Evelyn.

There's blood on her hands by association with Chase, so justice must be served somehow. Within the law, or outside it.

Comment

Evelyn and quite possibly Samantha will probably turn out to be the only casualties of the "explosive" cliffhanger ending. Sadly, Evelyn was a total waste of a character. They would have been better off making her Black Canary's protege like in the comics. If they were so desperate to do a betrayal storyline, they could have done it at a later point (e.g. season 6) when people would have given a sht.

Comment

It's amazing how many GA canon characters they've dropped the ball with over the years: Merlyn, Artemis, Arsenal, Speedy, Black Canary (the real one, not Tina)...

Not that they should have followed the mythos verbatim, mind you. They should be telling their own story. But it's reached the point where you wonder if this show hates the source material it's supposed to represent.

Comment

Artemis would be the one who basically borrowed the label of a "canon" character but was essentially a whole other character. Speedy, BC, Arsenal and Merlyn may have begun with more canonical elements (and I'll give them a point for actually giving Roy an addiction subplot like his comics counterpart) but they too became their own characters after a few years.

They have to balance giving a nod to their comics origins and trying to keep the story new or fresh. They tried balancing it with Roy and Laurel, with middling effect. They started really late with Thea, I don't know how canonical she really was S1-2, other than her offscreen archery trophies.

I think with Artemis they basically didn't bother trying to balance it any more. If I were to play devil's advocate, she was likely the unlucky one who got the short straw re: development on a bloated team roster. They gave her character an Artemis label, and that's it. This is where she has more common ground with Merlyn, who is basically ... someone else ... after all these years. I think Malcolm has been looking at 'canonical' in the rearview mirror for years now.

The team's still too big -- a common complaint not only with Arrow but with the rest of the Berlantiverse (the only exception is maybe LoT). Even Flash has waaaay too many people with passcards to STARLabs. I think Joe has a cot in there where he can crash, while Iris must be on the 'STARLabs beat' with CCPN considering how little time she actually spends at her day job.

Lian Yu should be the end of the line for Artemis -- and frankly, for Merlyn ... but I could see a scenario where they'd want to have Oliver redeem Evelyn (S6 might be a redemption-palooza) and even Malcolm if they engineer a gods-defying escape for him.

Comment

I dont think it was bad or lazy writing. With Evylin I got her motives no problem. Susan Williams just turned out to be a journalist investigating the mayors office. She started dating Oliver as a means to an end. She then develiped actual feeling for him and when she found out the truth, decided to keep his secret. I think this plot was concluded but the fact Susan could find out Olivers secret and past so easily has implications for next season. Finally GA was a public enemy, but once Chase was exposed it became clear he was really at fault. GA caught him and public perception changed.

Overall I had no issues with the writing this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎