No announcement yet.

Season 6 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
    ^^^especially now with what has happen in tonight's episode....looks like Black Siren will mainly have scenes with her "dad" going forward until she is potentially, redeemed. And then if she is redeemed and becomes a player on Team Arrow, the next question will be what happens to Dinah? Does she quit and sticks to being just a cop? Does she get killed off? Or does she move back to Central City or somewhere else and is written off the show? Whatever the case might be, there's room for only one Canary on the team, one of them will have to go and I have to say my feeling is Dinah will be the one to go because it they could've decided to have Black Siren die tonight after getting shot in the gut....but they didn't so let's see where this goes.
    What I've been confused about Black Siren for awhile now is why doesn't the team call Cisco and have him breach her back to Earth 2.

Comment

• The way it's played out, Quentin is the one trying to "save" E2 Laurel. And -- I cannot stress this enough -- in an increasingly bizarre way. He's basically abducted her at this point so that he can save her soul. He's looking at rational in the rearview mirror. Considering he believed he was Prometheus last year, he's now a few cards short of a deck.

The shippers may have their own reasons for not liking a focus on a Black Siren redemption arc, but I never saw it actually trying to steal the Olicity thunder. That is a minor juvenile sideshow to the much bigger issue -- what the endgame is for BS and BC storywise. The redemption arc could play out with a body hitting the ground, probably Quentin's (he's run out of story after 6 years), all in the name of either walking back Eleven Fifty Nine and getting back any Laurel on Team Arrow ... or as a means to put Dinah "over" as the team's alpha BC. The latter being more likely. They've already set up a huge BC vs. BS rivalry, and Quentin's wacky "I see my Laurel in her somewhere" idea only means he'll get caught in the middle of their soundwaves. I also think a saved BS could end up on a new LoT roster if she makes it past the finale.

E2 Laurel is actually the more sensible one. She sees Quentin's ploy as a bit warped and thinks it's ridiculous that he could ever make her more like E1 Laurel. It's how this redemption arc has played out so far that looks off. Quentin's just appears off his rocker, with only Thea having any sense something's wrong. Everybody else is navel-gazing.

Oliver at this point is more worried about saving Canary 2.0, in the sense of keeping her out of the darkness he once recognized in himself, and they've alluded to that at various times since Dinah's arrival. We could argue that he's staying true to his promise to Laurel aka not letting Laurel be the last BC. Dinah's not going anywhere.

The silliest plot is the NTA vs. OTA "civil war". The brief schism earlier between Oliver and Diggle, now over, had more meat to it ... but this old v. new team is more, uhh, CW-y for the show. They're all idiots. Any fallout is on them. Make 'em bleed Richard Dragon #TeamDragon. Only half-joking too, lol. (Yeah, a bit of a blindside just happened.)

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
        The way it's played out, Quentin is the one trying to "save" E2 Laurel. And -- I cannot stress this enough -- in an increasingly bizarre way. He's basically abducted her at this point so that he can save her soul. He's looking at rational in the rearview mirror. Considering he believed he was Prometheus last year, he's now a few cards short of a deck.

The shippers may have their own reasons for not liking a focus on a Black Siren redemption arc, but I never saw it actually trying to steal the Olicity thunder. That is a minor juvenile sideshow to the much bigger issue -- what the endgame is for BS and BC storywise. The redemption arc could play out with a body hitting the ground, probably Quentin's (he's run out of story after 6 years), all in the name of either walking back Eleven Fifty Nine and getting back any Laurel on Team Arrow ... or as a means to put Dinah "over" as the team's alpha BC. The latter being more likely. They've already set up a huge BC vs. BS rivalry, and Quentin's wacky "I see my Laurel in her somewhere" idea only means he'll get caught in the middle of their soundwaves. I also think a saved BS could end up on a new LoT roster if she makes it past the finale.

E2 Laurel is actually the more sensible one. She sees Quentin's ploy as a bit warped and thinks it's ridiculous that he could ever make her more like E1 Laurel. It's how this redemption arc has played out so far that looks off. Quentin's just appears off his rocker, with only Thea having any sense something's wrong. Everybody else is navel-gazing.

Oliver at this point is more worried about saving Canary 2.0, in the sense of keeping her out of the darkness he once recognized in himself, and they've alluded to that at various times since Dinah's arrival. We could argue that he's staying true to his promise to Laurel aka not letting Laurel be the last BC. Dinah's not going anywhere.

The silliest plot is the NTA vs. OTA "civil war". The brief schism earlier between Oliver and Diggle, now over, had more meat to it ... but this old v. new team is more, uhh, CW-y for the show. They're all idiots. Any fallout is on them. Make 'em bleed Richard Dragon #TeamDragon. Only half-joking too, lol. (Yeah, a bit of a blindside just happened.)
        As cruel as this is going to sound, I kind of wish they killed off Quentin in season 4 instead of Laurel. I think for the most part all of Arrow's fans have been bracing for the impact of his eventual death since his "heart condition" was announced (something I'm told they conveniently forgotten about this season). At this point I think killing him off that season would've been a mercy killing. I mean how many times can a guy mourn his daughters before he does go batshit insane and drools in a corner? That way they could've kept E-1 laurel around and saved a lot of problems. But hey, what do I know?

As for E-2 Laurel...I kind of draw comparisons between her and Xena at this point. Both turned evil after the death of a loved one and both killed lots of folks (E-2 Laurel turned after E-2 Oliver died if my memory serves and Xena after her brother died in her arms). The only difference here is Black siren made things more personal by killing someone close to a main character more recent while Xena's crimes are mostly in her past when her show started.

But if Quentin is the one trying to get Siren on the straight and narrow then I highly expect him to finally be mercifully be killed off at the end of the show's current season.

Comment

• So in the upcoming episode of Arrow on Thursday will be a "fight" between the 2 hero teams......lol how will that be fair? I mean, Oliver by himself could take out Curtis and Wild Dog in seconds. The only one who could put up a decent fight against Ollie is Dinah....but still, Oliver and Diggle could wipe the floor with the other team. Unless there's some twist to it, then how is it even worth taking place

Comment

• Originally posted by smllvllfn
            What I've been confused about Black Siren for awhile now is why doesn't the team call Cisco and have him breach her back to Earth 2.

It seems outside of the crossovers, these shows try to stay clear of each other. It's silly, but it is what it is, lol
            Last edited by TheSecretVampire; 02-25-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

So in the upcoming episode of Arrow on Thursday will be a "fight" between the 2 hero teams......lol how will that be fair? I mean, Oliver by himself could take out Curtis and Wild Dog in seconds. The only one who could put up a decent fight against Ollie is Dinah....but still, Oliver and Diggle could wipe the floor with the other team. Unless there's some twist to it, then how is it even worth taking place
              I'll call this even when I haven't watched any of the show this season:

Things will come to a head when Dinah makes a bone headed move because of her blind vengeance. Curtis and Rene are too stupid and loyal to think for themselves so the follow blindly.

Oliver and his team try to talk sense into them after. Team Dinah just pouts up 5 year old style and calls them hypocritical, using that to justifying their actions into being ok.

Team Arrow finally has enough of their babying and belly aching and Oliver calls them out on it.

In the meantime, bad guy of the week does some stuff. Not relevant until the end because he is just filler until needed at the end to reunite the team when they all finally realize that who ever they are fighting to begin with is worse than what ever lovers spat the two teams have.

Dinah may or may not walk out on Rene and Curtis in a blind, salty rage. Because her vengeance is all that matters. Leaving Curtis and Rene to kiss and makeup with Oliver's team and Dinah to go off hunting E-2 Laurel.

The end.

Comment

So in the upcoming episode of Arrow on Thursday will be a "fight" between the 2 hero teams......lol how will that be fair? I mean, Oliver by himself could take out Curtis and Wild Dog in seconds. The only one who could put up a decent fight against Ollie is Dinah....but still, Oliver and Diggle could wipe the floor with the other team. Unless there's some twist to it, then how is it even worth taking place
                It's already been confirmed that Curtis is going to hack Diggle's chip, so Diggle will be a non-factor in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by shadow08
                  It's already been confirmed that Curtis is going to hack Diggle's chip, so Diggle will be a non-factor in the fight.

Smart, but lame, lol

Still, Oliver can take all three down in a heartbeat....along as he neutralizes Dinah's Canary Cry, first.

Comment

• They need to wrap up this silly 'civil war' plot asap. They've all been collectively idiots about the whole thing. New, old -- doesn't matter. They've all been fools. While I agree that Rene is a rat under their vigilante honour-among-thieves code and he'll probably have to work the hardest to make amends if he can, -- there's no way I'd give the "oldies" a wide berth either. They have ALL done things in their past that would merit being dismissed from the team. Most recently, Diggle led the team (briefly) as GA and knowingly went out into the field with injuries that could and did compromise the safety of the entire team. Dinah being the co-secret-keeper of this nonsense doesn't make it any less egregious an offence. Were it any other person, there would be calls for his head. And of course, there's Felicity's dangerous flirtation with all things Helix last season, though we could argue that the blowback of being in congress with the enemy back then was really felt only this season with all that James and now Dragon are up to.

I feel it would be best if they teams operated separately or if they mix up the rosters a bit in future. Why can't Diggle team up with Rene and Dinah on some missions? Or Oliver and Curtis on other missions? The old-new divide has always been arbitrarily done, and usually done for the sake of (not very good) angst and melodrama.

And while it is Oliver's team and ultimately he sets the tone and parameters under which the team members operate -- it's technically under his banner/brand -- this is not the Oliver from S1, like it or not. He's supposedly more zen and balanced aka he wants to be more collaborative and less of a dick. So it stand to reason that he no longer operates like S1 Hood in just barking orders and everyone falls into line with no input.

But I also don't think the post-S3, too-many-cooks-in-the-kitchen approach they've been using is that effective either. I think all the team members need to put on their adult pants, do whatever mea culpas are needed and take care of business.

Oliver most of all should know better, especially after S5. I'd like to believe he learned some lessons from that harrowing experience -- but as we all know, learning lessons in the Berlantiverse and applying them to future behaviour is not the universe's strong suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
                      They need to wrap up this silly 'civil war' plot asap. They've all been collectively idiots about the whole thing. New, old -- doesn't matter. They've all been fools. While I agree that Rene is a rat under their vigilante honour-among-thieves code and he'll probably have to work the hardest to make amends if he can, -- there's no way I'd give the "oldies" a wide berth either. They have ALL done things in their past that would merit being dismissed from the team. Most recently, Diggle led the team (briefly) as GA and knowingly went out into the field with injuries that could and did compromise the safety of the entire team. Dinah being the co-secret-keeper of this nonsense doesn't make it any less egregious an offence. Were it any other person, there would be calls for his head. And of course, there's Felicity's dangerous flirtation with all things Helix last season, though we could argue that the blowback of being in congress with the enemy back then was really felt only this season with all that James and now Dragon are up to.

I feel it would be best if they teams operated separately or if they mix up the rosters a bit in future. Why can't Diggle team up with Rene and Dinah on some missions? Or Oliver and Curtis on other missions? The old-new divide has always been arbitrarily done, and usually done for the sake of (not very good) angst and melodrama.

And while it is Oliver's team and ultimately he sets the tone and parameters under which the team members operate -- it's technically under his banner/brand -- this is not the Oliver from S1, like it or not. He's supposedly more zen and balanced aka he wants to be more collaborative and less of a dick. So it stand to reason that he no longer operates like S1 Hood in just barking orders and everyone falls into line with no input.

But I also don't think the post-S3, too-many-cooks-in-the-kitchen approach they've been using is that effective either. I think all the team members need to put on their adult pants, do whatever mea culpas are needed and take care of business.

Oliver most of all should know better, especially after S5. I'd like to believe he learned some lessons from that harrowing experience -- but as we all know, learning lessons in the Berlantiverse and applying them to future behaviour is not the universe's strong suit.

I agree that this "Civil War" plotline has been really silly. I mean, these 2 teams were together as one in the Earth X Crossover and then fought over petty things. But these sort of silly filler arcs have to take place in order to fill time in between the main arc in 23 episode seasons....yeah, I don't like it, lol

And we need some Oliver/Black Canary team up missions, but I can see that won't be happening for a long while since both of them are at odds with each other. You would think on a show about Green Arrow, there would be more team ups featuring Green Arrow and Black Canary but no, that's just too logical.

Comment

And we need some Oliver/Black Canary team up missions, but I can see that won't be happening for a long while since both of them are at odds with each other. You would think on a show about Green Arrow, there would be more team ups featuring Green Arrow and Black Canary but no, that's just too logical.
                        Well now, depending on how deep they want to take Dinah down the rabbit hole...this COULD potentially get interesting. They could set this up as a full heal turn for Dinah, leading her to depart team arrow for good after their little lover's spat.

With E-2 Laurel now seemingly primed for her redemption arc, COULD they be gearing towards fixing some mistakes? I mean at this point I doubt they'll do 180's on Oliciity, but we could be in the midst of the early stages of a TRUE black canary return when Quentin finally breaks through to Laurel.

Comment

• The execution of the civil war arc has been lukewarm, but maybe it'll be Thea and Roy's involvement that might bring everyone back into the fold. None of them were party to the new v. old team fallout, so perhaps they might be able to look beyond the pettiness and, frankly, immaturity both crews exhibited.

That the schism got to this point does not reflect well on Oliver's leadership abilities any way you cut it, so it may be up to Thea as well as Roy to mend things. That could be Thea's legacy ... before she too goes into superhero retirement.

And Quentin? The former police captain isn't home at the moment, he checked out of Sanityville a few eps back. Looks like Thea's going to have to fix that too -- with the teams bickering like self-absorbed schoolchildren.

Comment

• Well, we're finally on the other side of that OTA v. NTA nonsense ... now that Thea and Roy (who are neither old nor new, am I right?) are back together.

The fans called it. Roy returning is indeed setting up Thea's eventual departure ... you know, once she gets past that LOA faction hunting for the 'Heir to the Demon' -- which must refer to Thea aka daughter of Malcolm, who did a tour of duty as Ra's Al Ghul. Sounds big, but I think it'll be resolved by season's end and Thea, like Malcolm before her, will likely leave the series ... one season too late. And I'm done with the notion that she might or could have more potential storywise beyond this year. This hourglass has run out of sand. If they haven't done it for her after six seasons -- they're not going to, and it's best they send her off with Roy this season.

Quentin, sadly, is in a similar boat this season. And, dare I say, Diggle too (repetitive Team Arrow cheerleading and van engine-warming duties aside).

Comment

• So, the show comes off one big break with 2 new episodes and now goes on another break for 3 weeks? LOL ok.

Based off what happened in the last episode, I'm guessing The Dragon arc will end soon as the LOA arc will be the one to end this season. I say this because Oliver could've easily killed in Dragon with arrow or two this episode, but because the cops showed up he left.....Dragon's fighting skills are impressive but I don't see him as a imposing threat to Oliver.

Comment

• Episode 19 is titled Enter the Dragon, so if it does end before 6x23 it'll be in that one.

Actually I got the impression that the LOA 'arc' isn't much of one. Just 6x16. More than likely Roy and Thea go on the run, and then next season we get a story about this. Maybe. All we can know for sure is there's gonna be an LOA story if/when they get a Season 7, because they've literally had one every season. As I put in my review of the latest episode:

Season 1: Malcolm reveals he trained in Nanda Parbat, making the Dark Archer the League tie for this season.
                                Season 2: Sara's on the run from the League for half the season, then goes back at the end to get help against Slade's army.
                                Season 3: Main Story Arc
                                Season 4: "Civil War" (between this and the OTA vs NTA one, its obvious they don't know jack about doing this kind of storyline)
                                Season 5: Talia al Ghul, her minions, and Adrian Chase since he was Talia's student.
                                Season 6: This "Thanatos Guild".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎