No announcement yet.

Season 6 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by costas22
    Arrow will air on Monday for the crossover. It will be a 2 night event this time:

http://tvline.com/2017/08/02/arrow-f...november-2017/
    Even better we can get through the crossovers over two nights as opposed to stretching it over for 3-4 nights; since they decided to put Arrow on Thursdays it would stop the momentum with the storyline skipping over Wednesday.

I know they've said it for this crossover (can't always trust what they say) but, hopefully it is a true 4-way crossover; not a minute scene at the end of Supergirl which they just repeated at the beginning of Flash and falsely advertise it as a 4-way crossover.

Comment

• Yeah, WestAllen is further along on the matrimonial route than Olicity -- Barry proposes a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if it does turn out to be Barry's wedding this season, and featuring it in a crossover would make sense. Or at the very least, we get to see the preparations or ceremony before some problem throws a wrench in it.

As for the crossover villain/crisis? We could probably rule out anything to do with time travel if Flash's S4 is a 'no-time travel' season. And I can't see them doing another alien invasion situation so soon after last year. Maybe some sort of LoD 2.0 situation with a cadre of big bads from all series teaming up to cause havoc? Or was this what they meant by Arrow taking a page from Marvel and doing a Civil War-type situation, where all shows are entangled in it -- maybe some side with Oliver, some side with Diggle and everyone throws down, etc. (Probably too ambitious, but there were also concerns/doubts they could pull off a universe-wide crossover too.)

Hopefully the SG part of the crossover won't be a borrowed duplicate scene like last time. But, yeah, I don't see doubling up on days changing anything re: filler, melodrama. Watched the Invasion crossover again recently and they made sure to carve some space for non-invasion filler across all crossover eps., with Oliver and Kara's ridiculous friction just one of many examples of throwing it in for the sake of angst.

Comment

• Well, they are adamant that this time it will be a proper 4-episode crossover, so we have to take their word on it. I actually hope that it takes place on Supergirl's Earth this time and the only ones who appear from the other shows are Barry, Oliver and the Legends. We could do without 20 characters per episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
          Well, they are adamant that this time it will be a proper 4-episode crossover, so we have to take their word on it. I actually hope that it takes place on Supergirl's Earth this time and the only ones who appear from the other shows are Barry, Oliver and the Legends. We could do without 20 characters per episode.

I really hope that's it, but of course, we both know that won't be the case. Felicity and the others will come along, too.

Comment

• Mark Pedowitz said in an interview it may be 4 nights again next season. It can be a full week and i dont mind as long as its done right.

All references im hearing are saying Supergirl will be a full fledged part of it this season. Also i agree with President_Luthor that Barry and Iris are further along than Ollie and Felicity.

Btw does anyone else get the feeling we may get a glimpse at the character Black Lightning before all is said and done with the crossover?

Comment

• While I'd like to see Black Lightning in the mix as a fan, I think Pedowitz also said BL isn't part of the Arrowverse (for the moment). Logistically, it would be more difficult as BL is being produced in Atlanta while the others are all in Vancouver.

I want James, Winn, Cisco, Ray, Caitlin and probably Curtis at minimum in the crossover for no other reason except to have a chance to share "can't catch a break" club sob stories. Bonus points if it happens during a WestAllen wedding rehearsal/reception to add a little salt to their emotional wounds. With Julian's departure, Caitlin has lost a bf every. single. season. The crossover will be a friendzone-palooza

Comment

• I don't know if it was actually mentioned in the universe or headcanon on my part, but didn't Oliver say or allude that he had gone to see William for visits before the Chase situation erupted? I know that was his intent since S4, but even as a throwaway line we didn't actually "see" him develop this alleged growing bond with his son.
                There was a vague line about Oliver being busy including going to Central City that happened after 4-10 but before 4-15 that most I think took as Oliver having visited William again but it was vague and never confirmed and after 4-15 he decided never to visit him again at least until William was 18. Maybe we'll get clarity about his visits in 6-1. In show it looked like he played action figures with him for thirty seconds once.

Comment

• WM talked about how they didn't think they could top last year's alien's invading the planet story in terms of over the top action and craziness so they were looking to instead do something more emotional. There's a budding theory that it will be based (probably loosely) on the Identity Crisis series. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identi...is_(DC_Comics)

Also deep growing concern they might target Lyla in place of Elongated Man's wife to up the pain.

Comment

• An Identity Crisis-themed story would be ambitious, if if did play out like that. It's certainly different that the usual 'Save the world from armaggeddon!' stories people tend to expect. It was more of a thriller/murder mystery.

They'd probably have to do a scaled-down version, without the Zatanna mind-wiping and the more fantastical stuff, but they could play up the ethical crises, trust/betrayal angles. If they wanted to tip their hand on what direction they were taking with the crossover, including Elongated Man in the universe is one (too obvious?) way to do it, though he may not even play the role he did in Identity Crisis.

In the story, it split the JL ranks ... so maybe this was what they meant by a Civil War-type situation. Maybe it won't be as simple as us vs. them, there could be several factions. I'd hope it won't be as simple as Team Arrow vs. Team Flash, or Team SG vs. Team LoT. I would expect something of this scale would even split the ranks within each team, and there would be enough baggage re: previous gripes to draw on to pit, say, Barry vs. Cisco or MM vs. Superman (hypothetically) if they wanted to.

I'd also be concerned/worried if Lyla was only going to occupy the controversial role Dibny's wife did in the story, in the "fridging" sense esp. with a strong character like Lyla. Something happening to Lyla and/or his family could be the trigger to set Diggle and others against one side.

A lot to chew on. Makes me want to read Identity Crisis again.

Comment

• Well, we can probably rule out the FBI agent as Tina's love interest...

Comment

• The most intriguing option would be Slade but it'll be a cold day in hell when that happens. Therefore, the next best thing would be a "Vinnie is alive" reveal coupled with a subsequent recasting of the actor because choosing between Rene and Lance is like choosing between pest and cholera, IMO. However, with all that being said, I can't shake the feeling that the writers could end up pursuing a frakked up version of a Dinah/Lance/Black Siren love triangle. It obviously wouldn't be a love triangle in the traditional sense, but Lance would essentially be torn between his lover Dinah and his "daughter" Laurel (I know she isn't his daughter, but judging from some of the recent interviews I have seen, I don't think Wendy and Guggie care enough to make that distinction). Hopefully, I'll turn out to be wrong because just the mere thought of Dinah and Lance kissing is enough to give me the creeps.
                        Last edited by shadow08; 08-04-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haggard01
                          Yeah I think you are for sure onto something of the CW sticking it's hands in this of wanting to turn Arrow into just another soap opera show.

Uh how exactly did it get worse in season 5 then, supposedly since you haven't seen it?

The line of Oliver learning how to fly from his dad wasn't actually that bad.
                          Everything I know about season 5 only comes from reading reviews, forums, and word of mouth. I refuse to give the CW my television ratings to Arrow because of how piss poor they regard their comic book elements to a comic book TV show.

As for how it got worse mostly because I think it's an insult they gave a throw away romance that no one with half a brain knew would work because everyone was already told that Felicity was his end game instead of Laurel, for starters. I've been told that "romance" was pretty sloppy at best. And frankly, I believe that.

Also that they simply replaced Laurel with a new Black Canary simply to have a character use Laurel's moniker is a huge slap to the face. If they didn't want Laurel to interfere with precious Felicity then the whole schtick should've been let go. No half assed replacements in a piss poor attempt to appease comic fans.

It just sounds like the CW is suddenly NOW regretting making Arrow a comic book show instead of one their usual Soaps this late in the show's innings. And from what I hear it's showing.

Also

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantLord
                            Everything I know about season 5 only comes from reading reviews, forums, and word of mouth. I refuse to give the CW my television ratings to Arrow because of how piss poor they regard their comic book elements to a comic book TV show.

As for how it got worse mostly because I think it's an insult they gave a throw away romance that no one with half a brain knew would work because everyone was already told that Felicity was his end game instead of Laurel, for starters. I've been told that "romance" was pretty sloppy at best. And frankly, I believe that.

Also that they simply replaced Laurel with a new Black Canary simply to have a character use Laurel's moniker is a huge slap to the face. If they didn't want Laurel to interfere with precious Felicity then the whole schtick should've been let go. No half assed replacements in a piss poor attempt to appease comic fans.

It just sounds like the CW is suddenly NOW regretting making Arrow a comic book show instead of one their usual Soaps this late in the show's innings. And from what I hear it's showing.

Also
                            Hmm, interesting and worth while points you made TyrantLord.

Oh the Oliver/Susan and Felcity/Billy thing? Yeah it was sloppy and Felcity and Oliver both forget about them after one died and Susan left.

Yeah for the whole Dinah Drake thing, since I have the season let me fill in the blanks and really not that far off.

Dinah had like uh two solid introduction episodes and the showrunners were talking about how Oliver and Dinah would have a connection due to their shared traumatic pasts. Shown for example in 5x12 where Dinah doesn't take Oliver's pity me bull crap and Oliver actually willing opens up to her in a secne that well you don't really get with the rest of the team members. Yeah now take a wild guess for long that lasted? Like I said about two episodes.

After that Dinah Drake got shoved to the background, wasn't really a character but rather just there with any connection she had with Oliver faded away to nothing pretty much. So they blew any chance for actually possibly having Dinah Drake rise above what a lot of us thought of just being a "replacement" and become her own character.

Really it's left me going "Why did you guys even bother with Dinah Drake in the first place?" Should have just left her out if you weren't going to use her.

Which yeah it does seem like the CW is only now regretting it and yeah it's showing.

Um, what was the also pat for since it seemed like you got cut off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Haggard01
                              Hmm, interesting and worth while points you made TyrantLord.

Oh the Oliver/Susan and Felcity/Billy thing? Yeah it was sloppy and Felcity and Oliver both forget about them after one died and Susan left.

Yeah for the whole Dinah Drake thing, since I have the season let me fill in the blanks and really not that far off.

Dinah had like uh two solid introduction episodes and the showrunners were talking about how Oliver and Dinah would have a connection due to their shared traumatic pasts. Shown for example in 5x12 where Dinah doesn't take Oliver's pity me bull crap and Oliver actually willing opens up to her in a secne that well you don't really get with the rest of the team members. Yeah now take a wild guess for long that lasted? Like I said about two episodes.

After that Dinah Drake got shoved to the background, wasn't really a character but rather just there with any connection she had with Oliver faded away to nothing pretty much. So they blew any chance for actually possibly having Dinah Drake rise above what a lot of us thought of just being a "replacement" and become her own character.

Really it's left me going "Why did you guys even bother with Dinah Drake in the first place?" Should have just left her out if you weren't going to use her.

Which yeah it does seem like the CW is only now regretting it and yeah it's showing.

Um, what was the also pat for since it seemed like you got cut off?
                              Meh I was in a rush and had to cut myself short. Case in point if they wanted a Black Canary on the show it should've been Laurel, period. Who ever decided it was a good idea to pull the trigger on Oliver falling in love with Felicity should be fired and never work in a Hollywood writing room ever again.

Really, if they wanted arrow to be a soap drama then they really should've nixed the comic book side of things from day one. Like not even promote it as a DC comics show. Call it something else, change a few names, and let it be its own show while The Flash was the one used to boot up the DC TV universe, on a different network. Someone who wouldn't mind that their TV show is a comic book show.

Because man, in recent seasons it's like someone higher up in the CW ranks suddenly became embarrassed that they're dealing with comic books now. They just don't know what to do anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantLord
                                Meh I was in a rush and had to cut myself short. Case in point if they wanted a Black Canary on the show it should've been Laurel, period. Who ever decided it was a good idea to pull the trigger on Oliver falling in love with Felicity should be fired and never work in a Hollywood writing room ever again.
                                Hm, that would be almost the entire slew of producers working on the show. Guggie, Wendy, Berlanti, Sokolowski, Coburn, Schwartz and to a lesser extent Kreisberg are Oliciters through and through.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎