Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 4 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not of the opinion that every episode needs a reporting subplot, but it seems like most episodes don't even reference Iris's job. She's at home with Barry or at S.T.A.R. Labs (because she contributes so much there). Why does she drop everything when she gets a meta alert message? What is she going to offer? The same goes for Joe, who is almost equally unneeded at the lab. All he does is stand around and act confused so Cisco can explain things to the audience.

Comment

• In my opinion, the worst flaw this show has is in the depiction of the Iris character. It should have been her and Barry as 1 and 1A. They've never treated her as a person all her own. She's mostly just been an accessory to Barry. That's somewhat excusable when you're talking about a film where you have a limited runtime and you've dedicated all of the support characters to inform on your titular hero. On a television series, it's a flaw that weighs down every story you tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
        I'm not of the opinion that every episode needs a reporting subplot, but it seems like most episodes don't even reference Iris's job. She's at home with Barry or at S.T.A.R. Labs (because she contributes so much there). Why does she drop everything when she gets a meta alert message? What is she going to offer? The same goes for Joe, who is almost equally unneeded at the lab. All he does is stand around and act confused so Cisco can explain things to the audience.
        Well, to use a Ghostbusters reference...Joe is essentially The Flash's version of Winston. He's the "normal guy". Barry is Peter, Cisco is Egon, and Kaitlyn is Rey. Being the normal guy means exactly as you put. Someone has to be there so they can explain the science gobbledegook that non science fiction fans wouldn't understand in Laymen terms.

Besides that, Joe IS Barry's connection to the police force. So when he's running around doing his Flash thing (after he does his csi work), Joe can investigate and run interference.

Joe's fine as a character. The problem we can all agree on is Iris. She's literally doing NOTHING in the lab besides providing pep talks and being Barry's arm candy. She's in the same toxic boat H.R was floating in last year, but they at least had the decency to kill him off. With Iris it's a little harder to fix her. You can't kill her off because Barry has no other love interests to compete with her yet AND she's destined to Marry him. So essentially she's stuck in a giant stand off with the writers and hence why she's been stuck in her rut for the last two years.

Comment

• The producers of The Flash talk about Season 4 in a new video, and another video has surfaced with new Flash Season 4 clips.

Comment

• It's hard to figure out if this is a preview for The Flash or for The Bold and the Beautiful:

“There’s a lot of love in the air this season,” previews executive producer Todd Helbing, likening Barry and Iris’ eventual reunion to “somebody going off to war for six months and coming back. There’s a lot that Iris experienced that Barry didn’t when he was gone, and it’s really [about] the fun and the emotional component of making up that time when they weren’t together.” In the cross-Earth romance department, Wally and Jesse’s relationship goes through an “evolution,” while Cisco and Gypsy are “still together, and they’re going to be for a while” (even though Jessica Camacho is now a series regular on NBC’s Taken).
            More on the Flash and other shows: http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-20...eview-flash-3/

Also, the WestAllen marriage is officially confirmed: http://flashtvnews.com/will-barry-ir...season-4/29472

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
              Also, the WestAllen marriage is officially confirmed: http://flashtvnews.com/will-barry-ir...season-4/29472
              I can already picture the ceremony:

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                I can already picture the ceremony:

Oh God...

Comment

• I guess Cisco and Gypsy's relationship will revolve around Skype.

Cisco: "Tell you what Gypsy, I'll add you on Facebook. I'll open up all my security permissions too. And only to you. How's that for commitment, baby girl!"

Yeah, I figured WestAllen would be first on-deck down the aisle as they have been on the long-term/matrimonial journey longer than Olicity. Felicity and Oliver aren't technically an official item at this point, they've got oodles of relationshipping repairs to do before Oliver puts a ring on it (again).

Not sure I'm interested in seeing the 'domestic bliss' phase of WestAllen, but I guess the advantage(?) is they've moved on from 'will they-won't they' to ... 'can they-should they?' stick it out once they're wedded -- which is pretty much the same thing IMO, only the married version of it.

(And, will anti-hero Adam Newman (Justin Hartley version ) also be sent a wedding invitation in Genoa City, along with Victoria, Nicholas and patriarch Victor? Hey, LoT broke time ... who's to say the Y&R and B&B universe isn't part of their world?)

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantLord
                    Besides that, Joe IS Barry's connection to the police force. So when he's running around doing his Flash thing (after he does his csi work), Joe can investigate and run interference.
                    Barry is Barry's connection to the police force. Joe hasn't really done that in awhile.
                    Joe's fine as a character. The problem we can all agree on is Iris. She's literally doing NOTHING in the lab besides providing pep talks and being Barry's arm candy. She's in the same toxic boat H.R was floating in last year, but they at least had the decency to kill him off. With Iris it's a little harder to fix her. You can't kill her off because Barry has no other love interests to compete with her yet AND she's destined to Marry him. So essentially she's stuck in a giant stand off with the writers and hence why she's been stuck in her rut for the last two years.
                    HR wasn't floating in a toxic boat. Iris does as much as Joe then. We should just wipe the whole West clan out of the show, and Caitlin, don't need her really, then take away Barry's CSI job, that serves no real purpose. The minute you start pretending that things having a plot purpose matters is the minute you get Laurel killed off and Felicity as the main character. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

• The way this season sounds, it reminds me of Arrow's 4th season. Instead of learning from their mistakes, they are amplifying them:

Comment

• Comment

• Any idea on how Julian’s absence will be addressed on The Flash? —Jen

When the CW hit returns on Tuesday, Oct. 10, “You’ll see pretty quickly — there’s a reason why he’s no longer with the team,” showrunner Todd Helbing tells TVLine. As for whether Tom Felton will put in an encore, “There’s always the chance that we can see anybody on this show return. We’ve had a lot of characters come and go for various reasons, and I don’t think this will be any different.”

http://tvline.com/2017/09/13/arrow-s...-black-canary/

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                            Any idea on how Julian’s absence will be addressed on The Flash? —Jen

When the CW hit returns on Tuesday, Oct. 10, “You’ll see pretty quickly — there’s a reason why he’s no longer with the team,” showrunner Todd Helbing tells TVLine. As for whether Tom Felton will put in an encore, “There’s always the chance that we can see anybody on this show return. We’ve had a lot of characters come and go for various reasons, and I don’t think this will be any different.”

http://tvline.com/2017/09/13/arrow-s...-black-canary/
                            Isn't Tom Felton supposed to be working on another show this year?

Comment

• Comment

• I fully expect Caitlin to say "3 months ago I was a barista" at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎