No announcement yet.

Season 4 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fish1941
    This is about Iris dealing with Barry's disappearance into the Speed Force. And don't forget that the Season Three premiere revealed that Iris and Wally were working together as a crime fighting team in the Flashpoint.
    Yeah, but just because she lost her fiance to the Speed Force, it doesn't automatically make her the more equipped to pick up his mantle as Team Flash leader. I agree that she had a more active role in crime fighting at Flashpoint, but that was an alternate timeline with an alternate version of Iris. For all we know, she was more prepared to deal with that kind of thing there. Plus, it was a burden that she had to lift because there was no Wells and Cisco was unwilling to participate. That's not the case in the current timeline.
    Last edited by costas22; 08-14-2017, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Yeah.

Maybe alternate timeline Iris had the skills/experience if she were to run point on Team Flash. The current Iris is not that person and just because an Iris doppelganger has a certain skillset doesn't mean that Iris in this timeline shares all (or even any) of the same skills, etc.

Cisco or Wells in the current timeline seem to be more suited to be Team Flash leader at present.

I just don't find it all that different from what they're doing with SG's James. If James has little going on now that he doesn't have love interest duties -- turn him into a vigilante. If Iris has little going on now that she doesn't have love interest duties for the moment -- turn her into Team Flash lead, medic-on-standby etc. Both James and Iris have actual careers that the show could easily explore while still keeping them involved in team duties. They've chosen not to do so.

I'm guessing she's the default medic now that Julian is no longer a factor, unless Cisco or others decide to take up the team's medical duties.

I guess with Iris they'll just tell us she can do the team lead job, without really showing us the hows or whys.

Comment

Comment

If anyone should lead Team Flash until Barry gets back, it's either Cisco or Earth-2 Wells, them having the most experience and Cisco having powers being their advantages. Wally should be second in command.

Comment

Comment

Since they cast a Longmire alumna, they should have gone with Cassidy Freeman. She's long due a Berlantiverse cameo.

Anyway, not sure why Felicity is appearing again. The title of the episode makes me think that it could be a bachelorette party for Iris. If that's the case, Felicity being there is messed up because she and Iris have barely shared any screentime together.

Comment

Cassidy Freeman . SV's later seasons may be a bit divisive among the fandom, but Tess was a definite incentive to keep tuning in. She became one of my favourite characters by the end of SV's run.

I think you're right, the ep. could be WestAllen-related, though the gods know why she and Iris haven't really been shown to connect over the years. Cisco's botched "cutting edge" biometrics system must prevent them from leaving their respective superhero dude's lairs whenever they have a brief moment to have a life outside of the team.

Cisco: "You're both locked in and can't get outside? This was your girls' weekend?! Sorry, ladies. My bad."

In theory, they should be two peas in a pod, considering Oliver and Barry's close ties. (I guess they had their girls' night outs, mani-pedis and bonding movie nights, with Caitlin of course, in that CC suburb known as OffScreenVille -- the same hood Oliver spent his days bonding with little William). For all the talk in the twittersphere about weddings, it's WestAllen that's much further along on the matrimonial timetable.

As for the rest of the Flarrowverse, I'm still expecting Olicity to sort out all their Prometheus-delayed baggage before Oliver ever gets around to popping the question (again), I'm expecting a Nate/Amaya speed bump or implosion next season, and SG's James (if he's lucky) may have one last shot at Kara before a surprise return of Mon-El turns his relationship dreams to ashes in his mouth. If Mon-El comes back in the season premiere or soon after, then James may not even get that.

Barry battling his evil self to save his fiancee from getting killed in the future seems to have worked out better, SF prison hiatus aside, though the odds are just as good Joe may not be able to take one step down the aisle with his daughter before all hell breaks loose. If S4 is supposed to be more light-hearted, then an actual wedding would seem to fit that theme.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                  Cassidy Freeman . SV's later seasons may be a bit divisive among the fandom, but Tess was a definite incentive to keep tuning in. She became one of my favourite characters by the end of SV's run.
                  Same here. Especially in season 10 she was the only reason I kept watching (along with the MB).

In theory, they should be two peas in a pod, considering Oliver and Barry's close ties. (I guess they had their girls' night outs, mani-pedis and bonding movie nights, with Caitlin of course, in that CC suburb known as OffScreenVille -- the same hood Oliver spent his days bonding with little William). For all the talk in the twittersphere about weddings, it's WestAllen that's much further along on the matrimonial timetable.
                  True. And lest we forget that in Offscreenville, Caitlin not only got to know Laurel, but she loved her as well (as we found out in the episode where Black Siren debut). So I guess the same would apply to Felicity and her relationship with Iris. If I was them, I'd have Felicity attend Barry's bachelot party. It actually makes more sense.

As for the rest of the Flarrowverse, I'm still expecting Olicity to sort out all their Prometheus-delayed baggage before Oliver ever gets around to popping the question (again), I'm expecting a Nate/Amaya speed bump or implosion next season, and SG's James (if he's lucky) may have one last shot at Kara before a surprise return of Mon-El turns his relationship dreams to ashes in his mouth. If Mon-El comes back in the season premiere or soon after, then James may not even get that.
                  I remember hearing that James will have a new love interest this season. Which probably means they won't revisit him and Kara at all. Not sure who that new love interest might be, but I suspect his "can't catch a break" status won't improve.

Comment

I'm fine with Felicity appearing on Flash because she's a natural for that show's tone and setting. It's her stints in Arrow that annoy me to no end. Like I said every now and then....EBR and Grant have great chemistry with each other.

Comment

• Question: Since Episode 5 of The Flash is called “Girls Night Out,” is there a chance the girls will actually speak to each other? And might they do so at a party in anticipation of a certain wedding? —Tatiana

Ausiello: Thanks for your question, Tats. (BTW, nice work on that Orphan Black finale.) Here’s what Flash EP Todd Helbing had to say about Ep 5: “It’s really fun. The girls [including a visiting Felicity Smoak] go and have a night out in Central City alone, without the guys. And they get into some trouble.” And to the second part of your Q about the possibility of the outing being a bachelorette party for the potential future Mrs. West-Allen, Helbing responds with a laugh, “Possibly.”

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to [email protected] Question: Since Episode 5 of The Flash is called “Girls Night Out,” is there a chance the girls will actually speak to each other? And might they do so at a party in anticipation of a certain wedding? […]

Eh...
                      Last edited by costas22; 08-23-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
                        Yeah.

Maybe alternate timeline Iris had the skills/experience if she were to run point on Team Flash. The current Iris is not that person and just because an Iris doppelganger has a certain skillset doesn't mean that Iris in this timeline shares all (or even any) of the same skills, etc.

Cisco or Wells in the current timeline seem to be more suited to be Team Flash leader at present.

I just don't find it all that different from what they're doing with SG's James. If James has little going on now that he doesn't have love interest duties -- turn him into a vigilante. If Iris has little going on now that she doesn't have love interest duties for the moment -- turn her into Team Flash lead, medic-on-standby etc. Both James and Iris have actual careers that the show could easily explore while still keeping them involved in team duties. They've chosen not to do so.

I'm guessing she's the default medic now that Julian is no longer a factor, unless Cisco or others decide to take up the team's medical duties.

I guess with Iris they'll just tell us she can do the team lead job, without really showing us the hows or whys.
                        Iris has never been a medic, so could you please put that myth away, along with Lana causing the clex rivalry? I'm sorry, but the show simply doesn't have the time for forced reporter stories. It worked fine in season 1, but that's just not where the show is at this moment. Reporting just doesn't fit and is redundant kinda with a show where 2 main characters are cops, one literally having the word investigator in his title, and the rest are scientists. Unless ya'll want Joe and Barry to get fired and Cisco and Caitlin to get stupid to make Iris' job plot relevant? Of course you can bet that if that happened there probably would be complaints about other characters getting shafted to make Iris important.
                        Originally posted by costas22
                        Yeah, but just because she lost her fiance to the Speed Force, it doesn't automatically make her the more equipped to pick up his mantle as Team Flash leader. I agree that she had a more active role in crime fighting at Flashpoint, but that was an alternate timeline with an alternate version of Iris. For all we know, she was more prepared to deal with that kind of thing there. Plus, it was a burden that she had to lift because there was no Wells and Cisco was unwilling to participate. That's not the case in the current timeline.
                        Cisco is apparently in the field now and Harry has never been leadership material. Iris is literally the only active option, if Cisco is in the field regularly. Caitlin, even if she were apart of the team, is unstable still. It's best to stop hitting Iris by ricocheting a bullet off of Felicity. Iris is nowhere near that bad. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

• Caitlin on Laurel (a woman who lives like 600 miles away and they've only met, onscreen, like once and didn't speak to each other): "We loved her."

Caitlin on Iris (a woman, who she has met practically every day, for three years): "We don't really have a relationship. Maybe we should try to hang out, once in a while."

Comment

• ^^^Both are hyperboles, really. She didn't love Laurel and she was on good terms with Iris, even sharing a couple oφ heart to heart scenes..

Just goes to show where their head's at. They had a look at Iris' characterization last season and the flaws they identified were that she didn't call the shots at Star Labs and that she didn't pal around enough with Caitlin.
                            Last edited by costas22; 08-26-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• They certainly need to do SOMETHING with Iris this year. She's basically been chopped liver for how long now? I can't even tell you the last time we even SEE her go to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantLord
                                They certainly need to do SOMETHING with Iris this year. She's basically been chopped liver for how long now? I can't even tell you the last time we even SEE her go to work.
                                Journalist Iris is a pipe dream at this point. I've lost count of how many times the showrunners have promised/lied that they would make it right. Similar to Laurel being a lawyer, they probably find the storyline too boring.
                                Last edited by costas22; 08-27-2017, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎