Season 4 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of underwhelming...

Comment

Neil Sandilands (The 100‘s Titus) has been cast as the villainous metahuman Clifford Devoe (aka The Thinker). Clifford Devoe is “a megamind who embarks on a season-long battle” with the Scarlet Speedster, per the official description. He is “a true genius” who has “devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity.”

Kim Engelbrecht (Dominion) will play Devoe’s right hand, the DC Comics character The Mechanic. The truest of true believers, the highly intelligent engineer designs devices for The Thinker to help him implement his plan.

Additionally, Danny Trejo (From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, Sons of Anarchy) has been cast as Earth-19 bounty hunter Gypsy’s imposing father, Breacher.

http://tvline.com/2017/07/22/the-fla...ther-season-4/

Comment

Danny Trejo must be the wackiest/most awesome casting choice I've seen on a CW show in a while. Can't wait to see him as Breacher.

Not really a spoiler, but a quote from showrunner Todd Helbing that was very telling of last season's mess. When a fan asked the panel how Savitar existed in the first place, Helbing responded: "There's a reason we are not doing time travel in season 4".

Candice Patton's response was also funny: "Girl, don't even go there".

Comment

That's sad. Time travel is wacky, but it's possible for it to make some kind of sense. Anyway, I thank them for not trying it again.

Comment

Maybe Gypsy's dad will give Cisco the 'dad talk' re: dating his daughter -- Trejo-style. That alone would be appointment viewing. The dude's a hurricane. A force of nature. Cisco should be worried about irritable bowels around the guy.

'Machete Kills Cisco's Dreams' ... in any timeline, all earths, even in space if they want to go there.

I welcome a Flash time travel breather next season. TPTB can use this time to *cough* do their sci-fi homework on time travel *cough* (less Dawson's Creek, more Isaac Asimov, lol) -- and only invoke time travel when they know what to do and how to do it better. In the future -- and not this season.

I agree: Flash S4 and time travel ... don't even go there.

Comment

Apparently Tom Felton won't be back as a regular: http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/25/flash-to...-season-4/amp/

What a wasted opportunity. They could have done so muc more with him.

Comment

Looks like Julian didn't catch a break after all..

The moment he joined the STARLabs crew was the beginning of the end. The death knell was becoming a love interest for Caitlin. It seems Ms. Snow still ends up batting 3-for-3 in losing a bf after all.

Kidding aside, he was largely spinning his wheels as a character once he stopped playing the harsh 'reality check' antagonist/outsider, the Alchemy business was settled and he joined the team. Making Caitlin some jewelry sealed his fate on several fronts. One could argue TPTB made the call re: axing an extra body they absolutely refuse to make with SG's James, who admittedly is in far worse shape characterization-wise yet lingers on.

Can't say I'm too surprised about Julian. He had little to do, really, in the second half. He had zilch if they had no plans to play up the Snowbert stuff in S4. Wouldn't blame Felton if he made the call to check out, seeing the writing on the wall.

Anyone who enters STARLabs doors for any length of time ends up having to drink the 'Team Flash' Kool-Aid. Just look at Joe and Iris. They haven't really done anything of significance plotwise other than parrot what Cisco and Caitlin largely did before Flashpoint and quite a bit even after it aka as Team Flash cheerleaders. And now they're doubling down on Joe's romance arc too. Great.

Barry's attendance at CCPD is bad, but Joe's isn't so great either after 3 years. And they've forgotten that Iris has another job.

I guess with Julian gone -- Iris takes the reins and becomes their go-to medic.

She did gain a lot of practice on this front:

"Paging Dr. West. Dr. West, you're needed in the O.R."

Comment

Not about Season 4 but Grant Gustin recently said that the end goal of the Flash series is Crisis on Infinite Earths.

'Flash' star Grant Gustin thinks the CW series might one day tackle the infamous 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' storyline, but perhaps all the way in Season 10.

When it happens it would be in Season 10.

Comment

^He needs to slow down...first things first; get through S4 and than get the show renewed 6 more times

Comment

They've got a lot of work to do to get to Crisis, but that could be a lot of fun if they go all out and do it right.

And Felton leaving is no shock. He's probably better off. He's better than what they turned his character into by season's end, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                        Apparently Tom Felton won't be back as a regular: http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/25/flash-to...-season-4/amp/

What a wasted opportunity. They could have done so muc more with him.
                        It's also of some note (thought she's only a recurring character) Gypsy, Jessica Camacho, has landed a series regular role on S2 of Taken... so Cisco's love life will take a backseat this season no doubt. We are getting Danny Trejo so, that's actually a nice little trade off.

http://tvline.com/2017/07/25/jessica...on-2-cast-nbc/

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                          Looks like Julian didn't catch a break after all..

The moment he joined the STARLabs crew was the beginning of the end. The death knell was becoming a love interest for Caitlin. It seems Ms. Snow still ends up batting 3-for-3 in losing a bf after all.

Kidding aside, he was largely spinning his wheels as a character once he stopped playing the harsh 'reality check' antagonist/outsider, the Alchemy business was settled and he joined the team. Making Caitlin some jewelry sealed his fate on several fronts. One could argue TPTB made the call re: axing an extra body they absolutely refuse to make with SG's James, who admittedly is in far worse shape characterization-wise yet lingers on.

Can't say I'm too surprised about Julian. He had little to do, really, in the second half. He had zilch if they had no plans to play up the Snowbert stuff in S4. Wouldn't blame Felton if he made the call to check out, seeing the writing on the wall.
                          That could very well be it. The show's frustrating and childish writing might be common practice for the cast that has gotten used to it, but I always wondered how someone with Tom Felton's experience felt about it.

It's really sad though. The guy, IMO, can play a great villain and that's what they should have gone with. My hope when he was first cast, and after finding out that his character was a product of Flashpoint who was at odds with Barry, was that he would play Cobalt Blue. Not Savitar's puppet who eventually became Caitlin's love interest. Tom still was great at it, but his talents were criminally underutilized.

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                          Not about Season 4 but Grant Gustin recently said that the end goal of the Flash series is Crisis on Infinite Earths.

'Flash' star Grant Gustin thinks the CW series might one day tackle the infamous 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' storyline, but perhaps all the way in Season 10.

When it happens it would be in Season 10.
                          They will probably reach season 10 unless the ratings decline to shocking levels. And I guess it makes sense to go there when we consider that 2024 newspaper headline.

That said, if it's anything like their adaptation of Flashpoint, I'll pass. I don't want a verbatim version, just something that won't be lame.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                          It's also of some note (thought she's only a recurring character) Gypsy, Jessica Camacho, has landed a series regular role on S2 of Taken... so Cisco's love life will take a backseat this season no doubt. We are getting Danny Trejo so, that's actually a nice little trade off.

http://tvline.com/2017/07/25/jessica...on-2-cast-nbc/
                          I read somewhere that her show will debut in mid season? Which means Jessica still had time to film episodes for the first half of season 4. So I'm guessing we'll see her until Christmas and at that point her storyline with Cisco will wrap up.

Danny Trejo is welcome to stay beyond that point of course.

Comment

I guess with Julian gone -- Iris takes the reins and becomes their go-to medic.[emoji38]

She did gain a lot of practice on this front:

"Paging Dr. West. Dr. West, you're needed in the O.R."
                            That scene may top my list of most ridiculous scenes on this show. Certainly, seeing Nurse Iris was one of my biggest WTF moments. She didn't even need instructions on how to assist.

My goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                              That scene may top my list of most ridiculous scenes on this show. Certainly, seeing Nurse Iris was one of my biggest WTF moments. She didn't even need instructions on how to assist.

My goodness.
                              Add to that my favourite (worst) line of the season, from the same ep. Again from Iris: "None of us are doctors and Caitlin can't operate on herself!"

So the conclusion is: if Caitlin can't operate on herself, then we will. That whole sequence was Triple-A cheese-worthy gold ... for all the wrong reasons.

At least we could conceivably buy that Julian took some anatomy and science courses to become a CSI. A doctor, he ain't, but in this universe a science background appears to mean = default medic. But Iris -- she's got mad ... umm ... blogging skills? Maybe they'll draw straws or do rock-paper-scissors and Iris wins the medic job like that.

Of course they could surprise us next season and Joe or Cisco decide they want to help reset a bone or suture a wound out of the blue. Time to stock up on more surgical scrubs, STARLabs.

Comment

Add to that my favourite (worst) line of the season, from the same ep. Again from Iris: "None of us are doctors and Caitlin can't operate on herself!"
                                Haha, I forgot that line. Iris went from voice of reason to "let's put our extra cast member to use."

At least we could conceivably buy that Julian took some anatomy and science courses to become a CSI. A doctor, he ain't, but in this universe a science background appears to mean = default medic. But Iris -- she's got mad ... umm ... blogging skills? Maybe they'll draw straws or do rock-paper-scissors and Iris wins the medic job like that.
                                I would think Barry took the same classes as Julian. He even has the ability to speed read and retain the knowledge for some amount of time. And yet, all he got to do was grimace and hold his hands over his face.

Maybe Iris has developed useful medical hands from, uh, typing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎