Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 81 of 81
  1. #76
    Pirate King Backward Galaxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,866
    Imagine being one of the actors reading that scene for the first time.

    "I have to say and do what now?"

  2. #77
    Nate nate-dog1701d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 10
    Location
    Sector 2814
    Posts
    3,547
    Whenever I think something is bad, I always find my mind wandering toward the actors and what they might have been thinking. I imagine they often have internal debates about job security vs. artistic integrity.

  3. #78
    It's the mileage... costas22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    76,146
    I don't see what the big deal is. Iris becomes the leader of Team Flash without any knowledge about the Speed Force or crime fighting. Operating on someone without any prior medical experience or study should have been a cakewalk for her. Just like Felicity became an expert on blood analysis on the fly in season 3 of Arrow.

    They just happen to be so smart.


  4. #79
    Board Master President_Luthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Posts
    2,961
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. Iris becomes the leader of Team Flash without any knowledge about the Speed Force or crime fighting. Operating on someone without any prior medical experience or study should have been a cakewalk for her. Just like Felicity became an expert on blood analysis on the fly in season 3 of Arrow.
    Felicity -- Arrow's resident hematologist.

    (Well, they do have an entry on hematology on Wikipedia. Maybe she brushed up on that between breaks at Palmer Tech. Her computer expertise I can roll with. Her medical/laboratory prowess -- not so much.)

    I'm guessing she didn't have the "four years of medical school, three years of residency to train in a specialized area, such as internal medicine or pediatrics, and learn elements of patient care, and two to four years of fellowship for further training in a subspecialty such as hematology or hematology/oncology".

    And if we're going to find an Iris with that sort of background, you'd have to look at an alternate earth.

    Iris' last scientific study was probably in Grade 10 science class, as she tried to convince her friends that Barry isn't actually her relative and that they should stop teasing her -relentlessly- for going to the Spring Formal with her step-brother. Poor Iris, if not for that, we'd be calling her Iris West, M.D. right now. I guess it really is all Barry's fault.

    Iris' medical expertise probably amounts to a 300-word blurb for CCPN on the city's growing opioid crisis and getting a quote from Dr. Joe Schmo about it.

    Aww, heck, we're not going to get any reasonable explanation for their medical "expertise" other than: 'because she's Felicity Smoak', or 'because she's Iris West'.

    Iris' first instinct was correct: none of them are doctors.

  5. #80
    Pirate King Backward Galaxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,866
    Quote Originally Posted by nate-dog1701d View Post
    Whenever I think something is bad, I always find my mind wandering toward the actors and what they might have been thinking. I imagine they often have internal debates about job security vs. artistic integrity.
    Well, Candice Patton is probably pulling down at least $20k per episode. At 22 episodes per season, I think I could stomach it for 5-7 years. How about you?

  6. #81
    Nate nate-dog1701d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 10
    Location
    Sector 2814
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    Well, Candice Patton is probably pulling down at least $20k per episode. At 22 episodes per season, I think I could stomach it for 5-7 years. How about you?
    Sure. There's also the fact that the cast and regular crew probably all like each other and enjoy the experience of making the show, so it's not like it's torture. I just imagine it to be a nagging thought from time to time: "What am I doing? I've done ___. I could be on ___."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •