Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Imagine being one of the actors reading that scene for the first time.

"I have to say and do what now?"

Whenever I think something is bad, I always find my mind wandering toward the actors and what they might have been thinking. I imagine they often have internal debates about job security vs. artistic integrity.

I don't see what the big deal is. Iris becomes the leader of Team Flash without any knowledge about the Speed Force or crime fighting. Operating on someone without any prior medical experience or study should have been a cakewalk for her. Just like Felicity became an expert on blood analysis on the fly in season 3 of Arrow.

They just happen to be so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. Iris becomes the leader of Team Flash without any knowledge about the Speed Force or crime fighting. Operating on someone without any prior medical experience or study should have been a cakewalk for her. Just like Felicity became an expert on blood analysis on the fly in season 3 of Arrow.
    Felicity -- Arrow's resident hematologist.

(Well, they do have an entry on hematology on Wikipedia. Maybe she brushed up on that between breaks at Palmer Tech. Her computer expertise I can roll with. Her medical/laboratory prowess -- not so much.)

I'm guessing she didn't have the "four years of medical school, three years of residency to train in a specialized area, such as internal medicine or pediatrics, and learn elements of patient care, and two to four years of fellowship for further training in a subspecialty such as hematology or hematology/oncology".

And if we're going to find an Iris with that sort of background, you'd have to look at an alternate earth.

Iris' last scientific study was probably in Grade 10 science class, as she tried to convince her friends that Barry isn't actually her relative and that they should stop teasing her -relentlessly- for going to the Spring Formal with her step-brother. Poor Iris, if not for that, we'd be calling her Iris West, M.D. right now. I guess it really is all Barry's fault.

Iris' medical expertise probably amounts to a 300-word blurb for CCPN on the city's growing opioid crisis and getting a quote from Dr. Joe Schmo about it.

Aww, heck, we're not going to get any reasonable explanation for their medical "expertise" other than: 'because she's Felicity Smoak', or 'because she's Iris West'.

Iris' first instinct was correct: none of them are doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by nate-dog1701d View Post
    Whenever I think something is bad, I always find my mind wandering toward the actors and what they might have been thinking. I imagine they often have internal debates about job security vs. artistic integrity.
    Well, Candice Patton is probably pulling down at least $20k per episode. At 22 episodes per season, I think I could stomach it for 5-7 years. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    Well, Candice Patton is probably pulling down at least $20k per episode. At 22 episodes per season, I think I could stomach it for 5-7 years. How about you?
    Sure. There's also the fact that the cast and regular crew probably all like each other and enjoy the experience of making the show, so it's not like it's torture. I just imagine it to be a nagging thought from time to time: "What am I doing? I've done ___. I could be on ___."

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    Hartley Sawyer (Saving the Human Race, GCB) has been cast in the recurring role of Ralph Dibny aka Elongated Man

http://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-fin...ated-man/29199

Don't know the actor, so I can't judge the casting. I just hope that Elongated Man (a) Doesn't spend his entire time at Star Labs and (b) Isn't Caitlin's latest love interest.

Meanwhile, what the new suit might look like:

http://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-sea...revealed/29203

Forum Whiz
    Don't know the actor, so I can't judge the casting. I just hope that Elongated Man (a) Doesn't spend his entire time at Star Labs and (b) Isn't Caitlin's latest love interest.

Meanwhile, what the new suit might look like:

http://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-sea...revealed/29203
    Isn't Caitlin off doing her own thing now while she rediscovers/trains her powers? Kind of hard for him to be her love interest while she isn't there. Unless she comes back, in which case, YAY!

But yeah, I don't think he has to be necessarily a love interest for any of the main characters. He sounds pretty cool, and lets face it, it's about time we got another meta human GOOD guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    Isn't Caitlin off doing her own thing now while she rediscovers/trains her powers? Kind of hard for him to be her love interest while she isn't there. Unless she comes back, in which case, YAY!

But yeah, I don't think he has to be necessarily a love interest for any of the main characters. He sounds pretty cool, and lets face it, it's about time we got another meta human GOOD guy.
    Judging by the promo we got at Comic Con, Caitlin appears to be back at Star Labs. So her hidden agenda is something she does on the side while pretending she's all healed up. Not a knock on Caitlin, but it's becoming really annoying how they can't keep anyone away from that place. Even as a cost cutting measure, it's ridiculous now. Next thing we know, Star Labs is going to be DeVoe's lair as well.

... but it's becoming really annoying how they can't keep anyone away from that place. Even as a cost cutting measure, it's ridiculous now. Next thing we know, Star Labs is going to be DeVoe's lair as well.
    All it takes is DeVoe wanting to use the STARLabs guest bathroom and before you know it, he's hiding out in an unused section of STARLabs plotting Team Flash's downfall. At this point, I'd be happy if DeVoe holes up in CC Jitters.

Maybe Iris won't be able to stay away from STARLabs next season -- being Team Flash lead(?!), medic(!!) and Barry's one true love -- but it would be nice if Joe spent more time, you know, doing 'cop stuff' in S4. It would be good for him, and for his characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    Iris' medical expertise probably amounts to a 300-word blurb for CCPN on the city's growing opioid crisis and getting a quote from Dr. Joe Schmo about it.

Aww, heck, we're not going to get any reasonable explanation for their medical "expertise" other than: 'because she's Felicity Smoak', or 'because she's Iris West'.

Iris' first instinct was correct: none of them are doctors.

They just happen to be so smart.

Iris barely did anything. I don't see the problem.

But why would Iris need to know about the speedforce to be team leader? Iris knows more about crime fighting than Caitlin or Cisco did at the start of the show. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but can we please not live in extremes? Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
    But why would Iris need to know about the speedforce to be team leader?
    Because a lot of times Wally might be in a predicament where he will need someone to guide him about how he should use his abilities or how a meta should be dealt with? Like Harrison Wells, Harry or Cisco have done with Barry repeatedly? Keep in mind, the latter two are still part of the team, so it boggles my mind why their expertise would be overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
    Iris knows more about crime fighting than Caitlin or Cisco did at the start of the show. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but can we please not live in extremes?
    Maybe she does or maybe she doesn't. The point is that she knows less than almost everyone else in the team right now. There's nothing extreme about it. I just find the whole thing over the top and a poor and lazy use of Iris' character. Instead of having her operate in the environment she's supposed to be more comfortable at (being a journalist), they have her step on other characters' toes because God forbid a character has a life or job outside Star Labs. And because it's good publicity to promote a female character as the one calling the shots, of course...
    Last edited by costas22; 08-03-2017 at 04:32 AM.

Because a lot of times Wally might be in a predicament where he will need someone to guide him about how he should use his abilities or how a meta should be dealt with? Like Harrison Wells, Harry or Cisco have done with Barry repeatedly? Keep in mind, the latter two are still part of the team, so it boggles my mind why their expertise would be overlooked.
    Cisco is apparently in the field now and Harry has never been leadership material.
    Maybe she does or maybe she doesn't. The point is that she knows less than almost everyone else in the team right now. There's nothing extreme about it. I just find the whole thing over the top and a poor and lazy use of Iris' character. Instead of having her operate in the environment she's supposed to be more comfortable at (being a journalist), they have her step on other characters' toes because God forbid a character has a life or job outside Star Labs. And because it's good publicity to promote a female character as the one calling the shots, of course...
    It's extreme. Harry isn't stable enough for leading, Cisco is in the field apparently and Joe has an important job as a cop. It's best to wait until Iris' reporting fits in the story instead of trying to force it like Arrow has done with Felicity's hacking. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

There's nothing extreme about it. I just find the whole thing over the top and a poor and lazy use of Iris' character. Instead of having her operate in the environment she's supposed to be more comfortable at (being a journalist), they have her step on other characters' toes because God forbid a character has a life or job outside Star Labs.

This is about Iris dealing with Barry's disappearance into the Speed Force. And don't forget that the Season Three premiere revealed that Iris and Wally were working together as a crime fighting team in the Flashpoint.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast