Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish1941 View Post
    This is about Iris dealing with Barry's disappearance into the Speed Force. And don't forget that the Season Three premiere revealed that Iris and Wally were working together as a crime fighting team in the Flashpoint.
    Yeah, but just because she lost her fiance to the Speed Force, it doesn't automatically make her the more equipped to pick up his mantle as Team Flash leader. I agree that she had a more active role in crime fighting at Flashpoint, but that was an alternate timeline with an alternate version of Iris. For all we know, she was more prepared to deal with that kind of thing there. Plus, it was a burden that she had to lift because there was no Wells and Cisco was unwilling to participate. That's not the case in the current timeline.
    Last edited by costas22; 08-14-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Yeah.

Maybe alternate timeline Iris had the skills/experience if she were to run point on Team Flash. The current Iris is not that person and just because an Iris doppelganger has a certain skillset doesn't mean that Iris in this timeline shares all (or even any) of the same skills, etc.

Cisco or Wells in the current timeline seem to be more suited to be Team Flash leader at present.

I just don't find it all that different from what they're doing with SG's James. If James has little going on now that he doesn't have love interest duties -- turn him into a vigilante. If Iris has little going on now that she doesn't have love interest duties for the moment -- turn her into Team Flash lead, medic-on-standby etc. Both James and Iris have actual careers that the show could easily explore while still keeping them involved in team duties. They've chosen not to do so.

I'm guessing she's the default medic now that Julian is no longer a factor, unless Cisco or others decide to take up the team's medical duties.

I guess with Iris they'll just tell us she can do the team lead job, without really showing us the hows or whys.

Forum Regular
    If anyone should lead Team Flash until Barry gets back, it's either Cisco or Earth-2 Wells, them having the most experience and Cisco having powers being their advantages. Wally should be second in command.

Since they cast a Longmire alumna, they should have gone with Cassidy Freeman. She's long due a Berlantiverse cameo.

Anyway, not sure why Felicity is appearing again. The title of the episode makes me think that it could be a bachelorette party for Iris. If that's the case, Felicity being there is messed up because she and Iris have barely shared any screentime together.

Cassidy Freeman . SV's later seasons may be a bit divisive among the fandom, but Tess was a definite incentive to keep tuning in. She became one of my favourite characters by the end of SV's run.

I think you're right, the ep. could be WestAllen-related, though the gods know why she and Iris haven't really been shown to connect over the years. Cisco's botched "cutting edge" biometrics system must prevent them from leaving their respective superhero dude's lairs whenever they have a brief moment to have a life outside of the team.

Cisco: "You're both locked in and can't get outside? This was your girls' weekend?! Sorry, ladies. My bad."

In theory, they should be two peas in a pod, considering Oliver and Barry's close ties. (I guess they had their girls' night outs, mani-pedis and bonding movie nights, with Caitlin of course, in that CC suburb known as OffScreenVille -- the same hood Oliver spent his days bonding with little William). For all the talk in the twittersphere about weddings, it's WestAllen that's much further along on the matrimonial timetable.

As for the rest of the Flarrowverse, I'm still expecting Olicity to sort out all their Prometheus-delayed baggage before Oliver ever gets around to popping the question (again), I'm expecting a Nate/Amaya speed bump or implosion next season, and SG's James (if he's lucky) may have one last shot at Kara before a surprise return of Mon-El turns his relationship dreams to ashes in his mouth. If Mon-El comes back in the season premiere or soon after, then James may not even get that.

Barry battling his evil self to save his fiancee from getting killed in the future seems to have worked out better, SF prison hiatus aside, though the odds are just as good Joe may not be able to take one step down the aisle with his daughter before all hell breaks loose. If S4 is supposed to be more light-hearted, then an actual wedding would seem to fit that theme.

Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    Cassidy Freeman . SV's later seasons may be a bit divisive among the fandom, but Tess was a definite incentive to keep tuning in. She became one of my favourite characters by the end of SV's run.
    Same here. Especially in season 10 she was the only reason I kept watching (along with the MB).

In theory, they should be two peas in a pod, considering Oliver and Barry's close ties. (I guess they had their girls' night outs, mani-pedis and bonding movie nights, with Caitlin of course, in that CC suburb known as OffScreenVille -- the same hood Oliver spent his days bonding with little William). For all the talk in the twittersphere about weddings, it's WestAllen that's much further along on the matrimonial timetable.
    True. And lest we forget that in Offscreenville, Caitlin not only got to know Laurel, but she loved her as well (as we found out in the episode where Black Siren debut). So I guess the same would apply to Felicity and her relationship with Iris. If I was them, I'd have Felicity attend Barry's bachelot party. It actually makes more sense.

As for the rest of the Flarrowverse, I'm still expecting Olicity to sort out all their Prometheus-delayed baggage before Oliver ever gets around to popping the question (again), I'm expecting a Nate/Amaya speed bump or implosion next season, and SG's James (if he's lucky) may have one last shot at Kara before a surprise return of Mon-El turns his relationship dreams to ashes in his mouth. If Mon-El comes back in the season premiere or soon after, then James may not even get that.
    I remember hearing that James will have a new love interest this season. Which probably means they won't revisit him and Kara at all. Not sure who that new love interest might be, but I suspect his "can't catch a break" status won't improve.

I'm fine with Felicity appearing on Flash because she's a natural for that show's tone and setting. It's her stints in Arrow that annoy me to no end. Like I said every now and then....EBR and Grant have great chemistry with each other.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567