Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "World's End"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "World's End"?

So, was it just me or did this seem almost sort of anti-climactic?

Radcliffe rescuing YoYo was cute (as was were the YoYos he kept finding). Knew that Hope was just going to vanish but it was still a gut wrencher when she did. That final scene of Radcliffe disappearing was pretty good too. Though I would have liked to have seen Ward's goodbye as well.

Ghost Rider returns and Coulson plays host for him. Nice. And while I enjoyed Aida's revenge thing, it felt a bit too rushed. I wish we'd cut the Framework stuff a bit and done more in the Real World, with her.

I was wondering when Robbie was going to ask about his brother. He finally did. I was a bit surprised that he didn't even stop to ask to record a message or to see him or something!?

So the team lets themselves get arrested (or were they LMDs?), then Coulson wakes up in space? Wait, what?

And we've supposedly got a long wait for answers, as I read SHIELD isn't back until mid-season (Inhumans is taking it's place come fall---so Shield will be running like Agent Carter did?).

Just...like I said, a bit anti-climactic.
    10--better than a view of Outer Space
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than being possessed by Ghost Rider
    0%

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    So the team lets themselves get arrested (or were they LMDs?), then Coulson wakes up in space? Wait, what?
    From what I've read and what people have posted on other threads [SPOILER] The team was captured by the S.H.I.E.L.D. counterpart S.W.O.R.D. whose HQ is stationed in orbit; which is why Coulson wakes up in a cell in outer space.[/SPOILER] That begs the question will the MCU acknowledge what's been happening and venture into that storyline or will it continue to ignore that part of the universe?

I'm hoping that the next phase in the MCU becomes more inclusive with all of their properties; both sides (movies/tv) can actually coexist and acknowledge each other.

Comment

Hmmm, that would be pretty cool.

And I recently read something about TPTB want to do more integration between the MCU and the TV Universe, which would be great to see, IMO. For SHIELD it has felt very one-sided. Show references the movies but vice versa? Nope.

Comment

'World's End' is a good episode. We see the end of HYDIA World. We also get the return of the Ghost Rider, even if it's for one episode. Aida and the other bad guys get killed in this episode, although I get the felling that one of them will be back. I like how it ended and can't wait for the next season.
        Last edited by mbozzo; 06-11-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
          Hmmm, that would be pretty cool.

And I recently read something about TPTB want to do more integration between the MCU and the TV Universe, which would be great to see, IMO. For SHIELD it has felt very one-sided. Show references the movies but vice versa? Nope.
          As far as the movies go, in this case being the Avengers and any related characters: Shield is destroyed/dead. No need for referencing a dead agency. Most if not all Avengers characters simply don't know shield was resurrected by Coulson. Only one from the movies who would know would be Furry, but Nick hasn't been seen since he went into hiding. So why SHOULD the other Hero movies reference shield when they don't know about them yet?

Granted, after shield DID come back into the light last season, this should start to be accounted for in future movies. As time from the tv show to movies catches up with itself especially. It'd be nice to see some shield grunts once in a while pop up in the movies even if its not Coulson's team specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
            So why SHOULD the other Hero movies reference shield when they don't know about them yet?

Granted, after shield DID come back into the light last season, this should start to be accounted for in future movies. As time from the tv show to movies catches up with itself especially.
            I was thinking more about this. Now that SHIELD is back in the public eye and the 'general public' is aware that it is up and running (though not that Coulson is alive, I believe?), it would be nice to get references to SHIELD in the MCU.

But along with Fury, Maria Hill also knows the truth about Coulson and SHIELD being back (and did before it went public). I would not be surprised if she at least informed Tony Stark, whom she is/was (last I checked) working for about that.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎