No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Infantino Street?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
    As much as I did love this episode more toward then end, and wow! kudos to everybody about HR replacing Iris. Didn't see that at all...

But what made me go WTF? was if ARGUS was so impenetrable and that's where all the bad guys are locked up and meta powers are all disabled.....why didn't they just put Iris in there until they could figure out how to kill Savitar?
    Because Savitar knows about ARGUS, by way of Barry also knowing. But whether it was there or Earth-2, everything was fine until HR dropped the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
      Speaking of Snart, the scenes with him and Barry were some of the best as usual and they have a real interesting relationship. But then this begs the question of shouldn't there be some weird fluctuation in time because Barry pulled him out of 1892 when he was with the Legends? Logically it should but given that the Legends thoroughly broke time in their season finale I don't think he can do much worse than that.
      Yeah, but Snart doesn't belong in 1892, does he? He was already removed from his timeline at that point. That said, there were a couple of question marks about the whole thing, like how Barry knew where and when to find Snart or how they time traveled together to 2017 and then back to 1892.

Originally posted by President_Luthor
      I'm expecting Julian not to make it out too, but this would be less about Barry and more that Caitlin gets to keep her batting average up in losing bf's per season. Julian may as well pick out his burial plot after his premature I-love-you a few eps back. I would be surprised if Caitlin doesn't bat 3-for-3 by season's end -- but I would be surprised if Julian joins the Can't Catch a Break Club ... while saving Cisco, the club's brand ambassador.
      I think Julian will be ok. Not that I expect him to be back as a regular next season (I think Tom Felton has a new project lined up), but they'll probably keep him alive. Especially if HR bites the bullet.

I hope they choose their cast carefully for next season. Arrow's problem is that the Arrowcave got more and more populated with each passing season. Hope the same doesn't apply to Star Labs.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
        Yeah, but Snart doesn't belong in 1892, does he? He was already removed from his [COLOR=#DD3C42 !important]timeline[/COLOR] at that point. That said, there were a couple of question marks about the whole thing, like how Barry knew where and when to find Snart [COLOR=#DD3C42 !important]or how[/COLOR] they time traveled together to 2017 and then back to 1892.
        I think this was before he died towards the end of season 1, which he repeated "no strings on me" when Barry left. I'm guessing when Barry was running around in the Speed Force and looking for him he just focused on a time period when Snart was alive and elsewhere and he just picked that one.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
          @ Backward Galaxy.

Irrespective of whether Lyla was right, the gun didn't really work anyway.

As for Wally, it would appear that Savitar broke his leg or severely damaged his knee. Wally is in no shape to fight Savitar or anyone else.
          The gun did work. It's just that Savitar remembered how he got caught the first time and was prepared for it. Lyla has been getting a lot of crap (from other characters) in both Arrow and Flash and I personally think she's been right both times.

Wally doesn't need to fight Savitar. Him phasing is on the table. We know that from Barry's first brainstorm. So, even if you're right and he isn't in shape to outright fight Savitar, which I'm not totally sure you are, he could still fill in for Iris the way I explained.

Note: I'm not at all confident that I'm right.

Comment

One thing I think we can all agree on at this point is that they pulled the old switch-a-roo with Iris, and probably with out Barry realizing. A couple of clues points to this:

1: Probably the biggest of all, the planning meeting Barry didn't attend. It could've been easily arranged their that something as simple as them overlooking switching someone out to take Iris's place with out Barry knowing so as to keep everything seemingly natural so as to fool SavitarBarry.

2. Another big clue here: Joes reaction. This might be a bit of a personal thing for me, but he seemed a bit too calm as he reacted to watching her die. YEs he was expecting it, but it's still his daughter. That's more like a reaction to watching someone dying that you still care for, just not as much if it was his sons or daughter. Like a friend from team flash who sacrificed himself.

3. Many people might not catch up on it, but HR is seen looking RIHGT AT Savitar's armor's spear/sword/claw thing. Given that coupled with HR's moments-a-go rant that he wished he could've done MORE for team flash than being their Martha Stuart, he could've easily used the armor to track Savy and trade places with Iris.

Poor Barry might not been on the planning process but I wouldn't be surprised to see Iris still alive and well once Savitar is defeated. They may well keep her hidden/safe until he's dead/captured, however. The rest of team flash may well even keep their rouse secret from Barry (Ironic considering he's usually the one with secrets if there's any to be had, a nasty habit he picked up from Oliver no doubt) until the end to keep her safe.

My point is IF Iris's death is a rouse then don't be surprised if we don't see her again until the end of next episode or even the start of next season.

Comment

If there wasn't a switch, I'm left wondering what exactly they did plan without Barry. He seemed to know right where everyone was and what they were doing.

As I mentioned on Arrow, it's not a good week for ARGUS - particularly their agents. I hope they have good medical care.

Lyla was nonsensical. She has good reasons not to give the thing to Barry, and Flashpoint need not enter the conversation. Her apology and justification at the end were painfully illogical.

They did a great job not convincingly showing the guys breaking into one of the most secure facilities on Earth.

I found the end of the episode compelling.

Comment

I think that Joe and Iris used the Transmo to swap with each other while they were on Earth 2 before Savitar grabbed her.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicFanMan
                  I think that Joe and Iris used the Transmo to swap with each other while they were on Earth 2 before Savitar grabbed her.
                  If that's the case then wouldn't Iris/fake Joe have a more visible reaction to "Iris" being killed?

Comment

Huge difference between Barry knowing about ARGUS and infiltrating it. If Barry couldn't get in without Snart's help (unlike Earth 2 which Barry can get to without anybody's help) then neither could Savitar. Both arguments are the same cheap non-arguments the showrunners are probably using to defend themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎