Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Light the Wick?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Light the Wick?"

What did you think?

Edit: I was so ready to give this one an 8—until the melodramatic Jim/Lee scene stunk it up (BTW, I really hope that was her exit! Otherwise, she'll just keeping saying, "I will find out," every week...)

So, I gave t a 7.

It was a bit slow in some spots, but: At least we were given answers about The Court's weapon. I was also pleased with Strange's update on Fish Mooney. You can't keep that badass b**** down! I really hope she comes back, at some point!

I really liked Ivy's scenes, and it was nice to see that she felt some loyalty to Selina.

It was also nice to see Penguin help me out of his jam, but all that went away the second he and Nygma came face to face. If looks could kill!

I can't wait to see those scenes... (I wonder if Edward will apologize?)

I'm not sure how I feel about Barnes carrying out Kathryn's hit, but I hope next week is worth it (and a little faster-paced).

What did everybody else think?
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Pretty good episode, though I did think it was a bit soon for Jim to be found out by the Court, at least one more episode.

Speaking of Jim, I think Lee blowing up at him towards the end of the episode only for him to blow up on her was a pretty good moment. To me it seems like since he killed Mario he's been just solemn as far as Lee is concerned and just taking what she says. Which leads me to wonder if/when Lee finds out about the Court and what's really going on.

Comment

Unfortunately, this wasn't Lee's exit, even as far as this season is concerned. She appears in a future episode and she's still digging. I found the whole melodrama just so pointless and if there's one scene I've come to loathe in recent years, it's a female character demanding to know the truth and a male character biting his lips. At least Jim stood his ground a bit.

It was ok as an episode, which moved the plot along. Nothing really came to a head, except for Jim showing his true colours to the Court. I agree that it came a bit too soon, although I guess that's also dependent on where they want to take the story. Bringing Barnes back to go after Gordon was a fitting touch I thought. Barnes (like Lucius, Butch and Barbara) is one of those characters that you tend to forget is a season regular.

The scenes between Bruce and the Shaman were very reminiscent of Batman Begins. That said, I am real curious of what the Court's plans are for Bruce.

Selina looks pissed off.

Loved the scene with Penguin in his cage. He and Nygma have a lot to talk about!

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
        The scenes between Bruce and the Shaman were very reminiscent of Batman Begins. That said, I am real curious of what the Court's plans are for Bruce.
        Honestly, if you replaced Bruce with Christian Bale and the Shaman with Liam Neeson, it is essentially Batman Begins, which is definitely good for Bruce's story arc in this part of the season, given what we all eventually know is going to happen to him. So with that said, can't wait to see what he does for most of Season 4.

Comment

I had this vision of Selina walking around half dead half daze and pulling a semi-Michelle Pfeiffer from that movie

Comment

Unfortunately, this wasn't Lee's exit, even as far as this season is concerned. She appears in a future episode and she's still digging. I found the whole melodrama just so pointless and if there's one scene I've come to loathe in recent years, it's a female character demanding to know the truth and a male character biting his lips.
            I agree. Plus, given how she behaved, you can already tell how she's going to react when she finds out the truth: "Oh, Jim. I'm so sorry I've been so passive agressive. Please forgive me?"...

Bringing Barnes back to go after Gordon was a fitting touch I thought.
            I agree. It makes his storyline feel less separate from the others (like it did in previous episodes), but I think it's not as interesting as some of the other plots in play.

I am real curious of what the Court's plans are for Bruce.
            Me too. I was disappointed Shaman was in on it, though. I really thought he was a good guy.

Loved the scene with Penguin in his cage. He and Nygma have a lot to talk about!
            Yeah, I hope a few, honest scenes come out of it

Originally posted by YutG
            I had this vision of Selina walking around half dead half daze and pulling a semi-Michelle Pfeiffer from that movie
            Me too! I was so hoping we'd see a version of that. Cutting to her in a hospital bed kinda felt like a little bit of a cheat. I really wanted to see the cats gnawing on her fingers until she opened her eyes like Frankenstein... Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
              Honestly, if you replaced Bruce with Christian Bale and the Shaman with Liam Neeson, it is essentially Batman Begins, which is definitely good for Bruce's story arc in this part of the season, given what we all eventually know is going to happen to him. So with that said, can't wait to see what he does for most of Season 4.
              Indeed. I didn't make the Batman Begins connection until I realized that the Shaman pretended to help Bruce protect Gotham while he had his own agenda all along. I don't mind it though. Like I said last week, if they are going to copy something, they might as well copy something that worked well.

Originally posted by Aries83
              I agree. Plus, given how she behaved, you can already tell how she's going to react when she finds out the truth: "Oh, Jim. I'm so sorry I've been so passive agressive. Please forgive me?"...
              Will she though? I mean, she found out the truth about why Jim killed Mario and she just went further back in time and blamed Jim again.

I agree. It makes his storyline feel less separate from the others (like it did in previous episodes), but I think it's not as interesting as some of the other plots in play.
              That was the problem when they made him the Executioner. His storyline became pretty one dimensional. Add to that the fact that he's not the Big Bad of the season and it doesn't leave him with a lot to do. Barnes, like Barbara, is a character who seems to have come at the end of his road. So has Lee imo, but I think they'll always come up with something for her.

Me too. I was disappointed Shaman was in on it, though. I really thought he was a good guy.
              So did I. Not sure why, to be honest. He was working with the Court.

Comment

Will she though? I mean, she found out the truth about why Jim killed Mario and she just went further back in time and blamed Jim again.
                At this point, that's her specialty (or superpower...)

he's not the Big Bad of the season and it doesn't leave him with a lot to do. Barnes, like Barbara, is a character who seems to have come at the end of his road.
                Yep. I can only see him failing the mission (or die trying)—unless there's a cure for the virus (which may lie with Strange).

So has Lee imo, but I think they'll always come up with something for her.
                Yeah. Next season, maybe her thing will be, "I don't care!," instead of, "I will find out!"

So did I. Not sure why, to be honest. He was working with the Court.
                I forgot to mention this: The Court want to plunge the city into chaos with the virus, and it seems like they've chosen Bruce to be the city's protector. Basically, they want him to clean up their mess. What a bunch of lazy bastards!

Comment

So am I right in assuming that the old guys is Ra's Al Ghul and that the League of Assassins controls The Court as their means to destroy Gotham this time around?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎