No announcement yet.

The Gifted/X-Men Movie Timeline

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gifted/X-Men Movie Timeline

Where in the X-Men movie timeline is "The Gifted" set?

I think sometime after Days of Futures Past but before Logan.

Comment

From CBR:

Although Fox’s The Gifted shares with the X-Men films certain characters, elements and themes — from Blink to Sentinel to anti-mutant sentiments — the upcoming television drama exists in a separate universe. Or, in the words of showrunner Matt Nix, a different stream.

“One of the great favors that Days of Future Past did for all of us is establish that there are many streams,” he said this afternoon at the Gifted panel at Comic-Con International. “One answer is that we exist in one of those streams. This is its own universe, we don’t exist in the same timeline as any specific movie or comics. But there are shared characters. We’re doing our own thing, and, as I say, there are many streams.”
      This is good news. Shared universes have become too much of a gimmick. And what does the individual shows/movies really gain from it? Sure, you can do crossovers and team-ups. However, even Smallville had Clark team up with other superheroes, despite not sharing a universe with other shows. A shared universe can impose a show with restrictions (ex. AoS weren't allowed to do sentient robots, before Age of Ultron and they couldn't call the villains "Hydra", before The Winter Soldier), so an individual show can't do whatever they want. Furthermore, they can't do stuff, that goes against established continuity of another show (again, restrictions).

Comment

Well hopefully we can get cameos from the core X-Men team at some point, not just obscure characters that only fanboys know. Yeah, I want to see some version of a Logan, Jean Grey, Professor X, even Jubilee (she's a character that was only prominent in the animated series). Hopefully, it's not a future where they are all gone.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎