Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who likes or dislikes Oliver's pilot hair and beard being a wig?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who likes or dislikes Oliver's pilot hair and beard being a wig?

Currently I'm not quite sure what to feel. One half of me is going "Ok this makes sense just barely. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen" and the other is "this just flat out lazy."

Lazy. For 5 years they couldn't be bothered to adjust his facial hair to the time spent on the island and the other places and last year they also got rid of the wig probably because Amell was tired of it.

Comment

As I speculated that it must have been a wig and false beard already in season one I am okay with it. Already in season one Oliver mentioned that he came back to Starling City with a PLAN, so I guessed the wig, false beard and fishing ship that happened to come exactly to the place Oliver had his fire build was all part of the plan. Him being rescued by chance just made no sense - he was too well prepared, his plan regarding himself in Starling City too well designed. I just wondered how he had arranged it, suspecting Waller in season three. But Anatoly makes much more sense now.

Only problem: what about Oliver's feet? He had been wearing shoes all the time in Russia, how can he run barefoot like he did in the pilot?

Comment

I have no problems with it at all. It was bound to be the case.

The only other alternative was Oliver returning to the island in May 2012 and spending five months living there off-screen before we see the rescue in October...but I can see the merits in this approach as well.

Besides, it kinda enhances the opening moments in the pilot...to think that Oliver has JUST taken down a lethal Russian strongman before running through the foods to light that fire...!

Comment

Originally posted by sanddragon939
          I have no problems with it at all. It was bound to be the case.

The only other alternative was Oliver returning to the island in May 2012 and spending five months living there off-screen before we see the rescue in October...but I can see the merits in this approach as well.

Besides, it kinda enhances the opening moments in the pilot...to think that Oliver has JUST taken down a lethal Russian strongman before running through the foods to light that fire...!
          To play opposing views here for a minute

The other option you brought up for Oliver spending those months alone on the island could have worked better and made it a little less ridiculous to a certain extent.

Also Oliver just taking down a lethal Russian strongman then running through the woods could still be done even with Oliver staying those 5 months. Just have Oliver fighting against Kovar and his men in a guerilla warfare for that time.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎