Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "There's Something about Mary"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "There's Something about Mary"?

Wow, okay, where to begin? Let me say that, while this wasn’t the worst episode of Supernatural, I would put it in the top 10. Boring, slow, predictable, and actually sort of offensive in how stupid and clueless they are making Sam and Dean.

But let’s backtrack.

We see Eileen being hunted by the BMOL and a Hellhound. I wasn’t sure she had been killed until later. Now, I get it. Hunters die. It’s a fact. But I liked Eileen. And to have her go out like that? Our tough, capable, can-kick-major-butt Hunter lady to go down that easily? Especially after we just saw an untrained girl take out a Hellhound and escape?! *sideeyes writers*

7 hunters have died in 2 weeks.

Mary being brainwashed. Okay, first of all, why didn’t they do that before? If they don’t care (and they don’t seem to) about free will, then why not just brainwash all the American Hunters when they arrived? I mean, c’mon. Then we find out the BMOL know about John and the YED and everything. Then maybe, ya morons, you should know how important the Winchester line is?! Sam was Lucifer’s prom dress and Dean was Michael’s vessel! They are friends with God! Argh!

No surprise to discover that Crowley and the lady from BMOL have a deal about the UK.

Also not a surprise to find out that Ketch and Toni were once an item.

The boys finally find the mic and lay a trap for the BMOL.

Meanwhile, Mary pleads with Ketch to kill her *sighs*.

Crowley mirroring Luci. The way they chose to get him free just seemed like…a copout.

Toni tells the boys everything, Lucifer escapes and ‘kills’ Crowley (you KNOW that he smoked out and escaped into the rat. I mean, we’re not dumb.), the boys get back to the Bunker and there’s a shoot out. Mary shoots at Dean, then they leave them to die. Now, upon watching that scene I thought of 4 different ways (off the top of my head) for them to escape. They should not be panicking. They should not even be worried about being trapped. This is what I meant earlier about dumbing down the boys.

Also, with Lucifer’s spawn out there, don’t the BMOL have bigger fish to fry than these Hunters? And why, I ask again, not just brainwash them like they did Mary?

*deep breath* This whole episode was just…frustrating. Buckner and Lemming should know these characters better. They should be able to write them better.
    10--excellent!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--terrible!
    0%

They are setting up for Mary's "Re-death" scene for the season finale, there's the difference in why they had her brainwashed and not the other hunters. This is their more "dramatic" set up for it. I didn't really expect her to last long on this show but only 1 season? Ouch. Incoming man pain problems for season 13. Sigh.

At this point Eileen's death shouldn't surprise anyone with how little regard they treat non core characters on this show. If your name isn't Sam, Dean, Cass, or Crowly, you aren't destined to last long. You've got two, maybe three seasons tops (only two exceptions to that rule so far are Jodi and Clair but even they are ticking time bombs as far as I'm concerned). Extra characters don't have very long life spans on Supernatural, a HUGE fault I find with the show.

The BMOL think they have Crowly under their thumb, so they leave the priority of Luci's Baby to his demons. That way humans can focus on killing fellow humans and the BMOL don't risk losing as many soldiers along the way if demons take all the hits from the Anti Christ baby hunt. I suspect that that's part of Crowly's deal with the BMOL so that they don't hunt his kind to extinction like the other monsters.

Also, yeah, no flashy smoke death from Crowly's body when it was stabbed instantly means he's possessing the rat. It's basically season 10 all over again when Rowena tried to kill him and he escaped the same way. People seem to forget that Crowly is in fact a demon himself and not only possess demon magic but witch magic because of mommy dearest. Also at first I thought that vermin was the hamster than Rowena had turned the one lady witch into when she was pissed off.

Basically this whole season feels like a revert back to the CW's method of the KISS writing method and basically has also reverted back to season 7 horribleness of being pure filler. Only two episodes mattered in that season: Bobby's death episode and Charlie's introduction episode. Otherwise, worthless and unnecessary. Much like this season. Much like this show should've ended with Sam closing the gated of hell in season 8, this show also should've ended if not then then definitely at the end of season 11 with God and Amara. Because it's started to become clear that after that that this show is seriously running out of ideas and steam to keep going. They now have to resort to forcing the Winchesters to make stupid mistakes that they've should've learned from DECADES ago really (We know about a little more than one decade of their lives, but they've also been hunting since they were children) in order to fill in episode slots. It's getting silly now. And for Pete's sake, enough is enough when "people who are supposed to be good guys/allies are actually evil monsters". Not EVERYTHING in this universe has to be evil, writers. Some LEGIT good guy none humans would be a welcome change of pace.

If I don't start to hear news that season 13 will be Supernatural's last then I'm seriously considering dropping it and giving up. Sooner or later the roller coaster has to have an end. Let it end on a high note while it still can, please, for the love of Chuck/God.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
      They are setting up for Mary's "Re-death" scene for the season finale, there's the difference in why they had her brainwashed and not the other hunters.
      I think most fans have figured that Mary is a goner by the end of the finale. It does seem pointless for her to come back only to die again so quickly.

If your name isn't Sam, Dean, Cass, or Crowly, you aren't destined to last long.
      True. I guess some fans were hoping that Eileen would be a Jody or a Claire and last longer, however. I know I was.

And for Pete's sake, enough is enough when "people who are supposed to be good guys/allies are actually evil monsters". Not EVERYTHING in this universe has to be evil, writers.
      I think it's more "everyone is bad/evil/whatever except the Winchesters or their 'family'". If you're not a Winchester or a member of the family (blood or not--a la Bobby or Jody or the like) then yeah, you pretty much are evil/bad.

Comment

Of all the hunters they killed off.....they mind as well kill off Garth, too. He's not coming back to the show....I don't think. Doesn't he have that Zombie Nation show or something? And the BMOL isn't as legit as they claim to be since they had Crowley working them for a long time, it seems.

Comment

I do believe the actor who plays Garth is a regular (or recurring) on another show.

I just find it hard to believe there aren't other hunters out there. I know the ranks were thinned a couple of times but still....

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎