Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Primal Riddle?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Primal Riddle?"

What did you think?

Edit: I gave it a 10—mainly because of the Selina "resurrection" scene, which was cool to see. I got Batman Returns-vibes when the clone pushed her out of the window.

Speaking of him, of course he'd be dying, right? I did feel sorry for him, until he pushed Selina. Maybe he should change his name to Max Shreck?

The rest of it was pretty good; a tad slow in some spots, but good all around.

I even managed to laugh at Lee when she scolded Jim inside the station. I love it when she gets mad...

Seeing Penguin and Ivy recruiting was good, too.

My only gripe has to do with The Court of Owls. Kathryn and her, "We'll call upon you when the time is right," line is getting really old.

Other than that, it was a pretty good episode. I hope whatever "power" Gordonn feels while he's on the Court doesn't go to his head.

I hope next week is just as good as this one!

What did everybody else think?
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Ha, so I posted 2 episodes back that I wondered if The Riddler and Court of Owls were cross paths at some point and sure enough, they did tonight!!! And I think at some point Team Penguin will also cross paths with the Court of Owls. Also, I let out a small laugh when Selina got that Batman Returns treatment....lol. I mean, it was a nice nod to that film, but we all know this Selina will also somehow, survive a big fall like that. I guess she has to get a "power up" to survive whatever the Court is planning for Gotham.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this season of Gotham!

Comment

Pretty solid episode. Riddler still manages to be a pretty strong threat, as do the Court of Owls. Can't wait to see what the "weapon" they have in store is and how Gordon manages to dismantle them from there.

That scene btw. fake Bruce and Selina was pretty nice up until he pushed her out the window. Dramatic but I'm sure she's not really dead.

Comment

It was quite good. The show is picking up momentum now that the Court's storyline is front and center. Involving the likes of Barbara and Nygma was a smart move because it connects multiple storylines together. And I like the fact that Jim appears to be the key in all this.

Don't know who wrote this episode, but I loved the callbacks to earlier seasons (Aubrey getting tortured by Barbara and Tabitha, the dinner Jim and Lee had with Ed and Miss Kringle, etc).

Penguin's team is coming along well. I also see them facing off with the Court at some point. Maybe over who gets to kill Nygma, lol. On another note, it appears that a new actress is playing Firefly.

While I like Barbara's direction as a villain, I just don't buy her as a crime boss. And if her association with Tabitha goes sour, I'm not sure where the character can go from here. Kudos to the show for remembering that Butch exists!

Clone Bruce is really unhinged, isn't he? Selina did say some horrible things to him, but I didn't expect him to react like that. And yeah, Selina's fall, laid out corpse and subsequent revival is reminiscent of a certain movie, but, if you're going to copy something you should copy something good.

I don't want to come off as too biased or anything, but Lee's scenes are a chore to sit through. The scorned act is getting old at this point.

Originally posted by Aries83

Speaking of him, of course he'd be dying, right? I did feel sorry for him, until he pushed Selina. Maybe he should change his name to Max Shreck?
        Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
          Also, I let out a small laugh when Selina got that Batman Returns treatment....lol. I mean, it was a nice nod to that film, but we all know this Selina will also somehow, survive a big fall like that. I guess she has to get a "power up" to survive whatever the Court is planning for Gotham.
          I thought it was cool. I just hope we get the rest of the sequence—with the cats purring, clawing, and biting her fingers until she's resurrected (like the movie). It just didn't seem complete. I'm sure we'll get the aftermath next week...

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
          Can't wait to see what the "weapon" they have in store is and how Gordon manages to dismantle them from there.
          The only "weapon" I can think of is the fear gas from Batman Begins? It has to be city-wide. I don't think they'd use something obvious, like a nuclear bomb. It has to be something subversive. It'd be a good way to bring back The Scarecrow. Last we saw him, he was recovering from being overexposed to the fear gas his father developed. Maybe The Court seized the formula and is using it to destroy the city? My only problem with it would be that it would be a total rehash of BB.

Originally posted by costas22
          The show is picking up momentum now that the Court's storyline is front and center. Involving the likes of Barbara and Nygma was a smart move because it connects multiple storylines together.
          I agree. It really focuses the story, which is something that's been needed for a while now. I can't quite figure out how The Court will use all these characters to its advantage, though (Kathryn keeps saying, "We'll call upon you when the time is right." What does she mean?)

On another note, it appears that a new actress is playing Firefly.
          Yeah, I swore she looked different... I'm ok with it. Enough time had passed that I actually forgot what she looked like...

While I like Barbara's direction as a villain, I just don't buy her as a crime boss. And if her association with Tabitha goes sour, I'm not sure where the character can go from here.
          I agree. At times, it feels too forced. I think she's better off as a supporting player.

I didn't expect him to react like that. And yeah, Selina's fall, laid out corpse and subsequent revival is reminiscent of a certain movie, but, if you're going to copy something you should copy something good.
          I actually gasped when he did that. Then again, the things she said were cruel. I think he matters, but that's because I want him to be good (when it all goes down)...

I don't want to come off as too biased or anything, but Lee's scenes are a chore to sit through. The scorned act is getting old at this point.
          I know what you're saying, but I'll take it over any of the BS they gave her for the first half of this season. Watch out for "Angry Lee," Jim!

Oh, I totally forgot to mention this: Selina's cat, Otto, was SO cute. Also, I was happy to see Professor Strange in the trailer for next week. We do need an update on Maria Mercedes "Fish" Mooney's condition, don't we? I do hope he (and Fish) return at some point!
          Last edited by Aries83; 05-09-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I agree. It really focuses the story, which is something that's been needed for a while now. I can't quite figure out how The Court will use all these characters to its advantage, though (Kathryn keeps saying, "We'll call upon you when the time is right." What does she mean?)
            They'll probably summon them when they are ready to unleash the weapon. Gotham has a tendency to use characters one week and then keep them off the next couple of episodes (Lucius, for example). What's also intriguing is how Bruce figures into their plans.

The show has a huge amount of characters at the moment and it's probably a good idea that the season finale is a 2-parter (to air on June 5th).

I agree. At times, it feels too forced. I think she's better off as a supporting player.
            In a way, she has outlived the expectations that many fans had of this character when she first showed up. But sadly we reach the point where she doesn't have anywhere else to go. It's not like they can make her a good character and hook her up with Jim again. And it's a pity because Erin Richards has done very well with what she's been given, imo.

I actually gasped when he did that. Then again, the things she said were cruel. I think he matters, but that's because I want him to be good (when it all goes down)...
            Until this episode I thought there was going to be a redemption storyline for him. Looks unlikely now. He's the standard tv show clone who has no semblance of right and wrong.

I know what you're saying, but I'll take it over any of the BS they gave her for the first half of this season. Watch out for "Angry Lee," Jim!
            Oh I don't know. At least the stuff with Mario was somewhat tolerable. Now all she does is lash at out at Jim. And now, apparently, she's not just a medical examiner. She's a detective as well.

Oh, I totally forgot to mention this: Selina's cat, Otto, was SO cute. Also, I was happy to see Professor Strange in the trailer for next week. We do need an update on Maria Mercedes "Fish" Mooney's condition, don't we? I do hope he (and Fish) return at some point!
            Looks like their return is imminent. Strange next week and Fish not long after that. Barnes also returns next week. I am really impressed they remembered he was a season regular.

Otto was indeed very cute. Love black and white cats.

Comment

it's probably a good idea that the season finale is a 2-parter (to air on June 5th).
              I still can't believe it's running into June. That's crazy. I'm kind of ready for TV season to be over.

she doesn't have anywhere else to go. It's not like they can make her a good character and hook her up with Jim again.
              Yeah, that would be a big step backwards. Unless they have a really cool story for her coming up, I think her days are numbered.

I thought there was going to be a redemption storyline for him. Looks unlikely now. He's the standard tv show clone who has no semblance of right and wrong.
              I think it could still happen—perhaps at the last minute. He sacrifices himself somehow so Bruce can live. Then, Bruce basically watches a version of himself die. It'd be good character development for Bruce.

all she does is lash at out at Jim. And now, apparently, she's not just a medical examiner. She's a detective as well.
              She can lash out all she wants, I thought it was hilarious I can't wait to see her go Columbo on Gordon!

Looks like their return is imminent. Strange next week and Fish not long after that.
              Oh, I hope so. I hope Mooney shows up—complete with a silver spoon in her hand! I wonder what Fish's reaction to meeting Barbra would be?

Barnes also returns next week. I am really impressed they remembered he was a season regular.
              Ugh. I thought they were done with him...

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎