Collapse
No announcement yet.

Savitar's Identity Revealed!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That scene with Jay saying Savitar is an old speed force myth, etc, I wonder if they'll touch back on that in any way?
    cus it almost sounds like the story may have been changed mid way though or something.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      Maybe this was an anomaly of sorts. 2017!Barry managed to do what 2024!Barry couldn't when he was younger: Figure out who Savitar is.

That line by Jay was a bit peculiar. We don't know for sure if Barry was the first person to be granted speed (depends on when Jay Garrick got his, I guess). Not to mention that the guy in the 1:41 mark of this clip looks nothing like Barry:

There were always going to be plot holes, sadly.

Savitar's motive could be that Iris' death, while it destroys Barry and turns him emo, it ultimately helps him embrace his dark side and become Savitar after 2024. Right before he kills Iris, Savitar says "I'll be finally free of you". Which could refer to the fact that without Iris, Barry will ultimately become Savitar. So in a way, by killing Iris, Savitar creates himself.
      But now because Barry figured out who Savitar is, that also means that the future where he becomes Emo Barry doesn't happen since in 2024 no one but Killer Frost (and possibly Wally) knew who he really was, which means there'll be a different future as a result.

And if Savitar IS in fact, some version of Barry who stayed in Flashpoint, there's still the explanation for the armored suit he wears. It was stated in the season opener that the longer Barry stays in that timeline, the more his old memories started fading and once those were gone he'd be stuck and this timeline would be the only know that he knows. Thawne also deduces that he'd forget he's the Flash if that keeps up and then the timeline would be permanent. What if that actually did happen and as a result he went to Cisco, who did own his own tech company at the time, to help build him a suit to allow him to keep using the Speed Force in that universe without it doing any further damage?

Barry also tells Thawne early in the episode that "he's finally free," something Savitar talks about repeatedly.
      Last edited by AsteroidMike; 05-03-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I don't think it's an accident or coincidence that Barry ran to the house where Flashpoint began, to confront Savitar and let him know that he knows who he is. Sure they're connected.

@ Asteroid Mike: The suit was explained in last night's ep by Tracy Brand, Savitar Barry is so fast that Barry's suit isn't enough to stop him burning up via friction and he therefore needs a special suit. That's why his face is burned up, it obviously happened before he got the suit.

Plus, if Savitar Barry is from Flashpoint, HIS memories wouldn't fade, as Flashpoint is where he belongs. Our Barry didn't belong in Flashpoint and so his memories and iirc speed, started going.

A bit crazy this, I know, and I've certainly not seen it posted anywhere on inet because it's so wild, but .... what if when Barry stayed behind in Flashpoint, BOTH Barry's merged into 1 Barry. According to Savitar via Julian, "only one of us could live".

Current Barry, is an amalgamation of our Barry and Flashpoint Barry but Flashpoint Barry is somehow suppressed because it's not his real body.
        THIS, is why Savitar has 'lived it all' and knows exactly what is coming and when as he is currently living our Barry's life with him. At some point in the future they they un-merge. Flashpoint Barry now has nothing, as Flashpoint, his timeline, his parents, friends etc, they are all gone as Flashpoint was presumably erased. This then gives rise to Julian's other line "you took everything from me". This is what thus turned Flashpoint Barry bad, he wants to even the score and take from our Barry what he treasures the most as well.

Possible imo, esp since Firestorm is 2 in 1.

Comment

Maybe I'm just very confused but, what do you mean by Flashpoint Barry? There was only one Barry living in Flashpoint, the one that shouldn't have been there with his parents. The same Barry that's trying to stop savitar now. Flashpoint didn't have a "Flash" it had a "Kid Flash" (Wally), which is why Barry was losing his speed and memories the longer he lived in Flashpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleltheking
            That scene with Jay saying Savitar is an old speed force myth, etc, I wonder if they'll touch back on that in any way?
            cus it almost sounds like the story may have been changed mid way though or something.
            There's ways around this. Time travel is ALWAYS a part of Barry's abilities, no matter which version of Barry it is. When SavitarBarry was trapped in the Speed force, he could still exist on Earth, albeit for a limited period of time, before the speed force inevitably pulled him back. They could simply say his appearance through out Earth's history was SavitarBarry testing the Speed Force's boundaries and limitations, attempting to find ways to break and free himself from the speed force entirely. His appearances could be chalked up as unintended consequences of his bids to escape, a trial and error method on a more dramatic scale, so to speak. So basically he was using Time Travel as a means to escape, but unintentionally ended up showing up in different periods of Earth's History, yet staying in said periods of time long enough to earn his reputation as a god amongst the more primitive humans of the time period before the speed force pulled him back each time.

Comment

If you listen closely, you can make out Barry's own voice as Savitar's. At least in the last couple of episodes before the reveal. That's how I figured it out before this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                There's ways around this. Time travel is ALWAYS a part of Barry's abilities, no matter which version of Barry it is. When SavitarBarry was trapped in the Speed force, he could still exist on Earth, albeit for a limited period of time, before the speed force inevitably pulled him back. They could simply say his appearance through out Earth's history was SavitarBarry testing the Speed Force's boundaries and limitations, attempting to find ways to break and free himself from the speed force entirely. His appearances could be chalked up as unintended consequences of his bids to escape, a trial and error method on a more dramatic scale, so to speak. So basically he was using Time Travel as a means to escape, but unintentionally ended up showing up in different periods of Earth's History, yet staying in said periods of time long enough to earn his reputation as a god amongst the more primitive humans of the time period before the speed force pulled him back each time.

That's true. I was just dwelling on the speed force part. Like how could Jay have heard a myth about this in the first place? Idk, maybe I'm thinking to hard on that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleltheking
                  Idk, maybe I'm thinking to hard on that part.
                  Unfortunately I think you're thinking harder about this than the writers do.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
                    I don't think it's an accident or coincidence that Barry ran to the house where Flashpoint began, to confront Savitar and let him know that he knows who he is. Sure they're connected.

@ Asteroid Mike: The suit was explained in last night's ep by Tracy Brand, Savitar Barry is so fast that Barry's suit isn't enough to stop him burning up via friction and he therefore needs a special suit. That's why his face is burned up, it obviously happened before he got the suit.

Plus, if Savitar Barry is from Flashpoint, HIS memories wouldn't fade, as Flashpoint is where he belongs. Our Barry didn't belong in Flashpoint and so his memories and iirc speed, started going.

A bit crazy this, I know, and I've certainly not seen it posted anywhere on inet because it's so wild, but .... what if when Barry stayed behind in Flashpoint, BOTH Barry's merged into 1 Barry. According to Savitar via Julian, "only one of us could live".

Current Barry, is an amalgamation of our Barry and Flashpoint Barry but Flashpoint Barry is somehow suppressed because it's not his real body.
                    THIS, is why Savitar has 'lived it all' and knows exactly what is coming and when as he is currently living our Barry's life with him. At some point in the future they they un-merge. Flashpoint Barry now has nothing, as Flashpoint, his timeline, his parents, friends etc, they are all gone as Flashpoint was presumably erased. This then gives rise to Julian's other line "you took everything from me". This is what thus turned Flashpoint Barry bad, he wants to even the score and take from our Barry what he treasures the most as well.

Possible imo, esp since Firestorm is 2 in 1.
                    The reason I thought of this theory was because someone hinted that Savitar might have been a different version of Barry right after the midseason finale, and some people came up with future Barry but that was sorta disproven in the previous episode since he traveled to the future and saw himself as Emo Barry who never found out who Savitar was. I brought up Flashpoint because that was when Barry was truly happy and he had everything he wanted, something that was taken from him according to Savitar. Regarding the suit, Tracy explained its purpose but there's no explanation as to how he got it in the first place.

At this point, until a real explanation for all this is given, and I presume that's next week it's all just shooting theories off.

Comment

@ Asteroid Mike: I don't think an explanation is coming next week, the only one who knows and can explain, is Savitar, and he's hardly likely to tell.

Comment

Well one can always hope

Comment

Between the infinite earths and time Travel basic explanation:

Savitar could be the end result of a future earth where Barry looses everyone he loves. "The crisis" from the future newspaper even. Savitar came back to ensure his own existence. By turning Barry into himself.

I heard a early rumor before this season started about a speedster name Godspeed was that supposed to Savitar cause I saw on the net it was something like a White/Gold Flash...

I wonder if to beat Savitar Barry and Cisco were to team up to find a good future Barry.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                            Unfortunately I think you're thinking harder about this than the writers do.
                            Yeah, you're spot on with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by YutG
                              Between the infinite earths and time Travel basic explanation:

Savitar could be the end result of a future earth where Barry looses everyone he loves. "The crisis" from the future newspaper even. Savitar came back to ensure his own existence. By turning Barry into himself.

I heard a early rumor before this season started about a speedster name Godspeed was that supposed to Savitar cause I saw on the net it was something like a White/Gold Flash...

I wonder if to beat Savitar Barry and Cisco were to team up to find a good future Barry.

Well, the infinite Earth thing won't play into it. The Barry that stepped out of the Savitar suit is the same Earth 1 Barry we've been watching, which is how KF knew word for word what current Barry was going to say to her. Savitar Barry was able to tell her, which means he has lived through that same exact moment. So therefore he is the same person.

It seems to me they were going to go some direction with Savitar and the Philosopher's stone but then decided to change it up for whatever reason. I hope that's not the case and they have a logical explanation in the next 3 episodes because I honestly couldn't stand the reveal. It literally made me feel sick. There better be some even bigger twist coming that erases all the crap they just dumped on the Barry Allen character.

Comment

Originally posted by pside15
                                Well, the infinite Earth thing won't play into it. The Barry that stepped out of the Savitar suit is the same Earth 1 Barry we've been watching, which is how KF knew word for word what current Barry was going to say to her. Savitar Barry was able to tell her, which means he has lived through that same exact moment. So therefore he is the same person.

It seems to me they were going to go some direction with Savitar and the Philosopher's stone but then decided to change it up for whatever reason. I hope that's not the case and they have a logical explanation in the next 3 episodes because I honestly couldn't stand the reveal. It literally made me feel sick. There better be some even bigger twist coming that erases all the crap they just dumped on the Barry Allen character.
                                But are we watching the same Earth 1 that we've been watching? What if this is an alternate Earth 1 that RF somehow manipulated Barry into creating, and our Earth 1 Barry is in the wrong reality?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎