Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "These Delicate and Dark Obsessions?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "These Delicate and Dark Obsessions?"

What did you think?

Edit: I gave it a 9, although it was nearly perfect.

I didn't like how stupid they made Gordon look, though. He didn't know what Hepatitis C was...really?

I could've done without the Jim/Leslies scene at the cemetery, too. What a snoozefest.

Other than that, it was pretty good.

Penguin and Ivy were the highlight, at least for me. It was cool to see her using her "powers." They bounced off of each other well. My only gripe about Penguin trying to build an army is that we already saw Fish try to do that after she busted everybody out of the Indian Hill facility.

I liked how the flashback to the murder was used.

Since Frank shot himself (and the gunshot wound would contradict Gordon's statement of killing him), shouldn't The Court know Gordon is trying to play them? Any ideas on what their "weapon" is?

Anyway, it was solid. I like what they're doing so far.
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Bruce's story was basically a prelude to the first 40 minutes of "Batman Begins" without Christian Bale or Liam Neeson, as far as I'm concerned. Not that I didn't like it because I did.

The Court of Owls and Gordon storyline looks to be the most compelling one this episode which leads me to wonder exactly what the weapon they're talking about is.

Originally posted by Aries83
    Since Frank shot himself (and the gunshot wound would contradict Gordon's statement of killing him), shouldn't The Court know Gordon is trying to play them? Any ideas on what their "weapon" is?
    Gordon could lie and say he snuck up to the side of him and shot him at point blank, since he caught him like that earlier in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
      What did you think?

Edit: I gave it a 9, although it was nearly perfect.

I didn't like how stupid they made Gordon look, though. He didn't know what Hepatitis C was...really?

I could've done without the Jim/Leslies scene at the cemetery, too. What a snoozefest.

Other than that, it was pretty good.

Penguin and Ivy were the highlight, at least for me. It was cool to see her using her "powers." They bounced off of each other well. My only gripe about Penguin trying to build an army is that we already saw Fish try to do that after she busted everybody out of the Indian Hill facility.

I liked how the flashback to the murder was used.

Anyway, it was solid. I like what they're doing so far.
      I rarely like Gordon and Leslie So the two of them together snoozfest.

Just looking at Penguin and Ivy I keep thinking is Penguin going to be mentoring the other villains? Oswald Cobblepot Trainer of Villains. Given that I suspect the freaks he gets are carefully chosen. Killer Croc etc. Penguin and Ivy work well but its not in the same level as Nigma Cobblepot. We will see.

Who is training Bruce? I expected Al Ghul but this guy isn't the Al Ghul I don't think so. and while I appreciate the murder scene, David's reaction to it was top notch, but I don't think he is supposed to get over it. Every depiction of Batman shows he carries and uses it as fuel to do what he does. I don't know how he escapes then.

Frank's death many ways to get through it Gordon could say he made it look like a suicide after he confronted him. so that there would be no investigation by GCPD. I like that Frank was actually on the level with Gordon.

Weapon: I don't know. If its Indian Hill then its likely a mutant not equipment like what they did in Daredevil

Comment

Pretty good episode. Likewise, I found the Jim/Lee scene to be quite boring. And not for nothing, but shouldn't Lee already know that Jim was just protecting her?

The storyline involving Bruce and the Shaman is one of those big steps Gotham usually takes as it attempts to line up with the Batman mythos. It felt quite significant (especially the final scene) although as it's often the case with this Bruce Wayne, it left me wondering if it all came too soon.

Loved the scenes involving the Gordons and having Jim infiltrate the Court was an interesting plot twist. Any arc of his that doesn't involve going after Lee is fine by me.

Penguin and Ivy indeed have a un rapport until now. And it's nice to see Oswald embrace his inner freak.

I won't lie. I missed Barbara and Tabitha these past few months.

Ben did well in his directing debut.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
          Gordon could lie and say he snuck up to the side of him and shot him at point blank, since he caught him like that earlier in the episode.
          Yeah, that occurred to me after I posted last night. I have a feeling it'll never be addressed, which is fine since they need a new storyline for Gordon anyway. I'm sure they'll be suspicious of him regardless.

Originally posted by YutG
          Who is training Bruce? I expected Al Ghul but this guy isn't the Al Ghul I don't think so.
          I'm ok with it not being Al Ghul. I liked that guy, whoever he was. As far as I'm concerned, Al Ghul got enough screen time from the Nolan movies. I'm fine with not seeing him for a while as long as we get some new characters.

Originally posted by costas22
          shouldn't Lee already know that Jim was just protecting her?
          That's a good point, costas22. She knew Mario was infected LONG before he and Gordon duked it out on that balcony; you'd think she'd understand by now...

The storyline involving Bruce and the Shaman is one of those big steps Gotham usually takes as it attempts to line up with the Batman mythos. It felt quite significant (especially the final scene) although as it's often the case with this Bruce Wayne, it left me wondering if it all came too soon.
          I really enjoyed those scenes. This arc is leaps and bounds better than the clone, although I do wonder why some old man with powers thinks Bruce needs to become Gotham's "protector,"—considering that he lives in the Arctic (or Antarctic) or wherever it's supposed to be...

Loved the scenes involving the Gordons and having Jim infiltrate the Court was an interesting plot twist. Any arc of his that doesn't involve going after Lee is fine by me.
          Same here...

I won't lie. I missed Barbara and Tabitha these past few months.
          She managed to be amusing, given what little screen time she had.

Comment

Originally posted by YutG
            Who is training Bruce? I expected Al Ghul but this guy isn't the Al Ghul I don't think so. and while I appreciate the murder scene, David's reaction to it was top notch, but I don't think he is supposed to get over it. Every depiction of Batman shows he carries and uses it as fuel to do what he does. I don't know how he escapes then.
            Some guy called The Shaman.

Agreed on David's reaction to it was top notch and shows how far he has grown by just season 3. That shocked me in itself because yeah Bruce is for sure way younger in 1x01.

Yeah Bruce never really gets over his parent's death. Unless of course this is the Batman and Robin movie with George Clooney.

Anyway getting back on topic. Maybe this is what Bruce and the Shaman both realize is Bruce can never truly move on from it but just maybe Bruce can use it as fuel.

Since while his parents death has motivated him you can tell by watching the episode itself Bruce hasn't even really considered using it for fuel to save Gotham. Or at least fuel in the sense of putting on a mask and suit to go beat up the criminals in Gotham City.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎