Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Black Fairy?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Black Fairy?"

What did you think?

Edit: I gave it a 10, because I thought it was one of the BEST episodes in a while.

The ending wasn't a surprise, but everything before it was pretty good.

I liked seeing Malcolm again and the flashbacks really gave a lot of depth to The Black Fairy's (and Rumple's) story. It even shed light on The Blue Fairy, too.

Zelena was much more tolerable this week. I was glad they clarified that she IS actually powerless. The driving scene with Regina was hilarious—as was her take down of Fiona...

I am curious how everything gets set up for the Season Finale, but I hope it's as good as this episode was.
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

It's was a great episode because it brings the question of: what if?...What if Fiona had never been so obsessed with finding the one who would destroy her son (which predictably ended up being her own self); which at some point grew to be an obsession with power? Malcolm would not have blamed Rumple for Fiona; thus he wouldn't have turned into Peter Pan. Rumple wouldn't have became a coward who became the Dark One obsessed with power (like mother like son) thus the chain of events that lead to this point would not have occurred.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-30-2017, 06:38 PM.

Comment

A great episode, no doubt. Was surprised when they revealed that Rumple was originally going to become a savior. Though, it wasn't difficult to figure out that the evil he was destined to fight, would turn out to be the Black Fairy.

Thought they did a good job at her backstory. After last week's episode, when they hinted at a reveal to why she abandoned him, I was a bit worried that they'd screw it up, in an attempt to make her sympathetic. But, the end result came out good. She chose power, over her son. And, despite all the time she spent researching into her son's future and looking for the child, who'd become the evil he'd have to fight... she never took five minutes to figure out a name for the boy.

Comment

Everyone was preparing for an epic battle with the Black Fairy. None of them thought they would just hang back and relax at Granny's while Emma would have to fight her. Yet, when it was Rumple who had to battle her, that is exactly what they did. At the very least, Emma should have gone with Rumple in case he needed back up. It just felt odd to me that they all sat around and did nothing while this epic battle was suppose to take place.

Then they all naturally assumed that the 'black heart' they saw was the Black Fairy's. You would think by now, they would learn to be more skeptical of Rumple. Even though he was mad at his mother and ready to kill her, he tends to make deals when it best suits him. And that is exactly what he did. I'm not sure what deal he made with his mother but whatever it was, it was to protect his family. As he has done many times before, he will use whatever means necessary, good or evil, to protect his family.

I did like the reveal that Rumple was suppose to be a savior. It better explains how he can walk in the Dark Side yet a times be and do good things. His family definitely has an addiction to power and is willing to go to extremes to keep it which has cost them dearly. I wonder if Rumple recognizes this and by making a deal with his mother, he hopes to break this vicious cycle of addition so his son won't suffer the same affliction.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          It's was a great episode because it brings the question of: what if?...What if Fiona had never been so obsessed with finding the one who would destroy her son (which predictably ended up being her own self); which at some point grew to be an obsession with power? Malcolm would not have blamed Rumple for Fiona; thus he wouldn't have turned into Peter Pan. Rumple wouldn't have became a coward who became the Dark One obsessed with power (like mother like son) thus the chain of events that lead to this point would not have occurred.
          Yeah, the snowball effect Rumple's original destiny would've had makes your head hurt—if you think about it long enough...

Rumple wouldn't have met Cora (or Zelena or Regina), Rumple might not have lost Baelfire, Regina would have never cast The Dark Curse, Henry wouldn't have been adopted, the Savior mantle wouldn't have fallen to Emma, etc.

Originally posted by SteelyGal
          when it was Rumple who had to battle her, that is exactly what they did. At the very least, Emma should have gone with Rumple in case he needed back up. It just felt odd to me that they all sat around and did nothing while this epic battle was suppose to take place.

Then they all naturally assumed that the 'black heart' they saw was the Black Fairy's. You would think by now, they would learn to be more skeptical of Rumple.
          Maybe some of them are and we just haven't seen it yet? We probably won't see that, if we do see it, until after the musical episode, but: I'm sure at least ONE person in the group didn't buy it.

Originally posted by SteelyGal
          I did like the reveal that Rumple was suppose to be a savior. It better explains how he can walk in the Dark Side yet a times be and do good things. His family definitely has an addiction to power and is willing to go to extremes to keep it which has cost them dearly. I wonder if Rumple recognizes this and by making a deal with his mother, he hopes to break this vicious cycle of addition so his son won't suffer the same affliction.
          I agree. It really gave a lot of his actions more context.

Another thought that crossed my mind: If Fiona was SO worried that she'd lose her son because of the prophecy, why didn't she use the Shears of Destiny on herself?

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎