Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Memory Remains"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Memory Remains"?

So I thought this was a pretty good episode.

We start off, predictably, with a group that I thought for sure was going to get ganked. Then the guy wandering off I was all “he’s a goner”.

The goat appearance. I called it right then and there that it was someone in a suit. It just looked ‘homemade’ and not like a true creature.

Dean leaving yet another voicemail for Cas. Then getting an email from “Mick”, really Ketch.

The taxidermist deputy.

The boys giving the guy his joint back and then Dean flirting with the blonde waitress. Both cute moments.

When the guy came out of the factory and it was snowing I smiled. It’s been a while since we’ve seen snow on the show. It was good to see it again.

The guy gets captured and we find out that it’s a Satyr (except I knew it wasn’t).

The reveal that the Sheriff owns the plant, now that I did not see coming.

The guy getting locked in the freezer and then finally being killed. Felt bad for him.

Moloch. Man, do I want to make a Sleepy Hollow joke!

Dean and the Colt. “I’m cool.” Yes. Yes, you are, Dean.

Turned out it was the second in command at the plant. The twist about him being a half brother was sort of interesting, though not completely unexpected.

Dean ends up getting captured and Sam saves him, by first shooting the guy and then the demon. Man, is it me or has Sam been racking up the kills lately?!

That line: “Hunting People. Killing them. The family business.” Kudos for that, TPTB.

Back at the Bunker, Dean talks legacy. I liked Sam’s line about “We left the world a better place than we found it” and it was nice to have the callback to the Impala by the boys carving their initials into the table.

They call up Ketch (I still find it hard to believe that the boys haven’t ‘personalized’ their rooms a bit more. Also, we didn’t even get to see Sam’s. Do the BMOL know about Jess now?) and call him a “low rent Christian Bale”, though not to his face. Ketch makes a skeevy reference to Mary and the boys seem none the wiser. I’m a bit bothered by that. Though I bet there will be Hell to Pay once the boys find out they’ve been bugged!

So yeah, solid episode, interesting premise and some good one liners.
    10--better than having a God in your basement
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than being stuck in a freezer
    0%

Filler episode, completely skip-able. Only really good part was that Sam got the kill of the monster of week (seriously, Dean gets waaay too many monster kills for not being the main star of the show), which turned out to be another god hunt.

I wonder how many gods are left. Not many, I'd imagine. Between Lucifer killing a bunch that Gabriel used to hang out with, and the gods the Winchesters have killed through out the series (including Zeus, of all gods) most of that species should be wiped out.

Once again, no Cas. Interesting. What'll be his storyline excuse for being MIA this time? Recruiting another Angel army? I think that's what it was the last two times Cas went missing for weeks on end. It'd be hilarious if he was a prisoner of the BMOL this whole time.

Comment

I did think this was filler-ish as well, and I DO NOT LIKE Mary hooking up with Ketch....in her mind, she has only been a "widow" for a few months....

Yeah, where's Cas? I do expect some Dean and Sam-light episodes because of the birth of their children, but so far these filler episodes seem a bit too many.

I love Lucifer, and I love Crowley, but this back and forth between them is getting obvious. Please don't kill Crowley....make him human, but don't kill off the character.

With the carving of their initials and talking about when they're gone....that seems a bit foreshadowing. I'm thinking next season (lucky 13 with I believe the 300th episode) will be the end, and I'm okay with that, really.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
        I did think this was filler-ish as well, and I DO NOT LIKE Mary hooking up with Ketch....in her mind, she has only been a "widow" for a few months....

Yeah, where's Cas? I do expect some Dean and Sam-light episodes because of the birth of their children, but so far these filler episodes seem a bit too many.

I love Lucifer, and I love Crowley, but this back and forth between them is getting obvious. Please don't kill Crowley....make him human, but don't kill off the character.

With the carving of their initials and talking about when they're gone....that seems a bit foreshadowing. I'm thinking next season (lucky 13 with I believe the 300th episode) will be the end, and I'm okay with that, really.
        Crowly and Rowena will most likely end up killing each other in the end. Something will snap between them as the show draws closer to its actual conclusion and a fight to the death WILL come. It all depends on when they finally decide to put the show out of its misery AND if the show can make it to an actual ending at this point.

As for Lucifer, I expect Cas will most likely be the one who kills him. I wouldn't even be surprised if Cas ends up taking over Lucifer's fate of being trapped in the cage somehow when the series ends.

Comment

This stuff with Ketch and the British Men of Letters is really dragging out. I don't see the need to have them install cameras and all of that tech just to watch Dean and Sam's every move. I'm sure if he really wanted to, Ketch could try to kill Sam and Dean on his own without having to install all of that tech stuff inside the bunker. But I would love to see Ketch and his men try to handle Crowley and possibly Lucifer....they're pretty much wasting their time with Sam and Dean when there are bigger and more violent threats out there.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
            Once again, no Cas. Interesting. What'll be his storyline excuse for being MIA this time? Recruiting another Angel army? I think that's what it was the last two times Cas went missing for weeks on end. It'd be hilarious if he was a prisoner of the BMOL this whole time.
            Didn't he go off with that other angel up to Heaven (that's the playground scene from before, I believe. That being the Heaven-portal?). I got the feeling that the angels were either picking his brain or were actively recruiting him to help fight Lucifer's baby. As they stated, Cas is one of the few angels who actually has faced off against a Nephalihm before. So that's where he's been, I think (and explains why he hasn't answered his phone. No service up in Heaven.). Either sharing info or joining the angels to help take Lucifer's spawn down.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎