0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Bad

0 0%
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Riverdale "Chapter Ten: The Lost Weekend"

Talk about the tenth episode of Riverdale here!

I gave it an 8. For me, it was the best episode to date.

Some of it didn't work, though. Alice working as an advisor to the school paper was hokey. The dance-off was just embarrassing, and the stuff with Veronica's dad was a little hard to follow at times.

The rest of it was nearly perfect, though.

I really liked all of Jughead's scenes. I also liked F.P. in this episode. It looked like he and Alice had a past from the Southside. I wouldn't mind them having more scenes together.

Once again, they referenced Betty's anger/dark side. I'm really starting to think she killed Jason in a fit of rage. If she didn't, why bring up the issue?

My biggest gripe with this episode had to do with Molly Ringwald, though. Why on Earth did they not give her a Special Guest Star credit? I know she's done TV in the past, but it's Molly Ringwald. Then, she only gets 30 seconds of screen time? I know it was her intro, but still.

It's probably time to cast Veronica's dad, too. I'm tired of him being mentioned but never seen. The only person I could think of to play the part is John Enos III. He's a little older than Marisol Nichols (Hermoine), but he really has that "mobster" vibe. Just saying

Anyway, it was a good episode. I hope they're building to a good Season Finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries83 View Post
    Once again, they referenced Betty's anger/dark side. I'm really starting to think she killed Jason in a fit of rage. If she didn't, why bring up the issue?
    Yeah, they do appear to want us to think that. However, in a murder mystery, there is always going to be red herrings. Of course, if she's just a red herring, they really need to explore Betty's anger/dark side. You can't just have Jason's killer be caught and Betty's issues are magically gone, never to be brought up again. If a person is seen walking around with a bloody knife, in a murder mystery, and that person is shown to be innocent of the murder, there needs to be an explaination for why this person walked around with a bloody knife.

Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    Of course, if she's just a red herring, they really need to explore Betty's anger/dark side. You can't just have Jason's killer be caught and Betty's issues are magically gone, never to be brought up again. If a person is seen walking around with a bloody knife, in a murder mystery, and that person is shown to be innocent of the murder, there needs to be an explaination for why this person walked around with a bloody knife.
    I agree. In her case, it could easily be explained as feeling like she had to live up to her parents' expectations, meaning she felt she had to be perfect at all times, which would lead to repression issues—especially with negative emotions/dark thoughts.