The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends

Doctor Who #10.1 "The Pilot"

The end of Peter Capaldi's run as the Doctor begins on Saturday on BBC One and BBC America!

Episode Description: Two worlds collide when the Doctor meets Bill. A chance encounter with a girl with a star in her eye leads to a terrifying chase across time and space. Bill’s mind is opened to a Universe that is bigger and more exciting than she could possibly have imagined – but who is the Doctor, and what is his secret mission with Nardole on Earth?

Season/series 10 premieres tonight

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    I had fallen behind on Doctor Who but this seemed like a good jumping back on point. (And I was right, it was.)

I really like Peter Capaldi's Doctor but I was getting kind of over Clara saying she was leaving every week and then she'd show up the next week. Enough with the fakeouts! But anyway... Bill is fun, and interesting. I also find it odd that, for the first time in forever, really, we're getting visual references to Susan. Susan, the Doctor's granddaughter, is of course one of the biggest unresolved plotlines of the series, as he just left her in the post-Dalek Invasion of Earth world. (She did show up in "The Five Doctors" but the canonicity of that is questionable.)

I knew that it was River Song pictured on his desk but, I didn't know who the other girl was.

I enjoyed the premiere of this season. Bill will be a great companion and I guess Nardole has become a secondary companion (I don't even remember when he was introduced).

Anyway, I'm curious about the time lapse for this season. Bill stated something to the effect that the Doctor has been a professor for what seems to be over 50+yrs.

And...

I always love how this series takes the most random harmless objects and makes them scary creatures; a puddle of water ends up being a parasite.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-16-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    I knew that it was River Song pictured on his desk but, I didn't know who the other girl was.

I enjoyed the premiere of this season. Bill will be a great companion and I guess Nardole has become a secondary companion (I don't even remember when he was introduced).

Anyway, I'm curious about the time lapse for this season. Bill stated something to the effect that the Doctor has been a professor for what seems to be over 50+yrs.

And...

I always love how this series takes the most random harmless objects and makes them scary creatures; a puddle of water ends up being a parasite.
    The timey wimey stuff always baffles me; if the doctor has been lecturing for 50 years, was this in concurrently with all his other adventures with all his other companions?
    Last edited by protege; 04-16-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Mad Man with a Box! HalJordan4184's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    The timey wimey stuff always baffles me; if the doctor has been lecturing for 50 years, was this in concurrently with all his other adventures with all his other companions?
    It's implied, though not stated directly, that after the last Christmas Special, the Doctor and Nardole have been at the University teaching for 50 years, possibly as long as 70 years. This, chronologically for the Doctor, all takes place after "The Return of Doctor Mysterio". He's given up travelling, and has been solely concentrated on guarding the vault.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Susan his granddaughter was the other pic i think.

Nardole was introduced with The Husbands of River Song aka Christmas 2015. I didnt remember either and had to go look it up.