Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legends Season Finale "Aruba" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by President_Luthor
    It would suck if Thawne is gone for good, he was easily the most compelling of the Legion villains.
    Originally posted by President_Luthor

For me he's to this day one of the top 2 Arrowverse villains ever. And it's a credit to Matt Letscher that he took the torch from Tom Cavanagh and kept the character equally intriguing and villainous.

Of course we can never say never with these shows but Thawne has been erased from existence twice already and seeing him back on the Flash (be it as a time remnant, as a version that was protected by the Speed Force or what have you) will seriously push it. It's a real shame too because he's a villain who should have been locked in battle with Barry throughout the course of the series.

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
    Well, they played it off like that message was something linked with The Dominators invasion. I think the thing with that message is over with. I say this because that message hasn't been brought up since The Dominators episodes.
    Yeah, that was just a mini plot that culminated at the crossover. It was all part of the "Dump on Barry" game that was going on at the time.
    Last edited by costas22; 04-05-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

It didn't end with them merging Earth-1 and Earth-38, as I had speculated (if they're ever going to, this would've been the most appropriate time, as the plotline dealt with rewriting reality). I'm okay with it, though, as that would've really messed up the continuity on all four shows (you'd essentially semi-reboot them all). Though, it would've been nice to see some lasting effects on the Arrowverse. Not just an AU for one episode, which is undone by the next episode.

Rip departs the ship. No idea if this means Darvill will no longer be on the show or it's just to accommodate his schedule. The reason Rip was done for part of this season, was Darvill's commitment to the third series of Broadchurch. So, this could be an attempt to not end up in the same position next season (where Rip shows up in the first episode, then vanishes again for an X amount of episodes). Of course, I'm not having any illusions about playing superheroes being the lifelong dream of the actors. And then you have the fact that he was on Doctor Who for three series and now, on LoT, he's again playing a time traveler. So, I could also see him being worried about getting typecast.

Found it weird how Rip described Sara as a better Captain, than him. Of course, she's an orignal Arrowverse character and we all know Guggenheim and the others favors them. They'd probably drop all the existing DC characters, if they got premission to do so.

Okay, so now the Legends have broken time. Is this going to be the plot for season 3, something that gets resolved in the first episode or something that was fixed offscreen, between seasons? Will it lead to something (ex. next season's Supergirl/Flash/LoT/Arrow crossover)? One of the problems I have with all four shows (the other three I've largely dropped already) is really: where are they going with all of this? Season 3 will no doubt involve more time travel. But, what is the endgame with all the time travel? What are the endgames of all four shows? I'm not saying all shows have to have a superobvious endgame, nor that every episode has to be devoted to it. But, it's nice to get something more than just the villain of the week and the big bad of the season... in a season, that, pretty much, might just be a repeat of the previous season. Are they just going to continue time traveling, until Rip shows up (in the series finale), announces that he's restarted the Time Masters and that they can all go home?

Originally posted by costas22
      Even Black Flash didn't bother go after the Legends for all their time meddling.
      The Black Flash and the Time Wraith (when TPTB remembers that they exist) serve the Speed Force and go after Speedsters who mess with time. The Legends aren't speedsters. Nor do they use the Speed Force to travel through time. Essentially, you could say that they are outside the Black Flash's jurisdiction.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 04-06-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        Found it weird how Rip described Sara as a better Captain, than him. Of course, she's an orignal Arrowverse character and we all know Guggenheim and the others favors them. They'd probably drop all the existing DC characters, if they got premission to do so.
        To me, I think both of them are capable enough but then I remembered how in the first season Rip recruited the team under false pretenses, suggesting they'd be legendary heroes but really they weren't significant at all to the grand scheme of things, though as of this season finale that's definitely no longer true. There were also occasions where he kept information from the other members, some of it being very crucial and admittedly having a questionable history with other people, like their first encounter with Jonah Hex in season 1. At the same time, Sara has also had some questionable decision making and hypocrisy as captain.

Originally posted by "jon-el87
        The Black Flash and the Time Wraith (when TPTB remembers that they exist) serve the Speed Force and go after Speedsters who mess with time. The Legends aren't speedsters. Nor do they use the Speed Force to travel through time. Essentially, you could say that they are outside the Black Flash's jurisdiction.
        Correct. That's why after he erased Thawne, he only got in Sara's face and then left immediately afterwards. Now whether Black Flash plays more of a role in the Flash's show, that remains to be seen since that's the home of the speedsters.

As far as the Legends breaking the one cardinal rule of time and thus breaking time as a result, I feel as though they're now stuck in an alternate timeline/dimension since realistically both Flash and Arrow shows would just shift into a dinosaur-reality land. So really to me when they had contact with their past selves they splintered time in a far more serious way than Barry did.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
          That's a good point. I stand corrected.

Comment

Marc Guggenheim addressed some of the things we saw in the finale. He said that they still have plans for Rip next season, but in a different capacity. Didn't mention if he'll be a regular or not.

He also said that season 3 will address why we won't see the effects of the Legends breaking the timeline on the other shows. Glad to finally hear they aren't ignoring that elephant in the room anymore.

Comment

Considering what happened in the final scene, it's more like the show addressing the brontosaurus in the room.

I wanted to see Doomworld Star City or Central City. Oliver as a sound technician with a really bad man-bun for a really awful pop band. Barry as a slightly overweight toll booth attendant.

Or, just random dinosaurs popping up in real time.

Diggle: "Hold on, there's a pile up at the intersection. Wait ... was that a triceratops being chased by an English knight and a Roman centurion? Man, I gotta lay off those food truck burritos..."

Comment

So basically, the Arrowverse mixed with Jurassic Park.

I wonder what would happen if the particle accelerator explosion affected velociraptors, since they've broken time now.

Comment

Something that just came to me.....what ever happened to Stein's daughter? Did they just decide to drop her out of the blue? I mean, I remember her being a big deal around the mid-season finale, but I don't think she was ever mentioned after that point. It's like they decided they had nowhere else to go with her and just dropped that angle.

Comment

I thought about that, but i don't care about the character, so i can't expect the writers too.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎