Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legends Season Finale "Aruba" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legends Season Finale "Aruba" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Count down and talk live if you care to!

Pics can, as always, be found at DCLegendsTV.com (http://dclegendstv.com)

This has been exciting and dramatic so far, a bit of a head scratcher though.

Comment

Maybe RF has a clue on how Barry can beat Savatar.

Well that didn't end well for him.

Comment

He could've helped Barry if Black Flash didn't throw him back into his non-existence.

Comment

Having two sets of Legends really confused me to see which is which.

Rip leaving to make way for Sara to be Captain permanently reflects Guggenheim's favoritism.

Captain Cold, Reverse Flash, and Damien Dahrk stay dead while Malcolm Merlyn is still out there.

I hope Amaya meets her granddaughter Mari for season 3.

Great to see Dinah Laurel again.

Comment

Without having seen the episode, and only reading a review, I have to say once again,I'm pleasantly surprised by who left the team, and to who stayed. I guess I shouldn't have worried. As to who left, I have a feeling they'll be back. And I Am a little disappointed by who died. I was hoping for a reset for them. Edit; why did I try to post this spoiler free?

Comment

I was doing okay keeping who's who apart until the 'Doomworld' team went up against the LoD. Then all hell literally broke loose ... and the new team came back, and both teams got shuffled.

Won't spoil the ending here, but I think it's fair to say the blowback from all their time meddling has arrived.

Comment

I hate Barry's time meddling but Okay with the Legends they make it look fun.

Excited for next season

Comment

What an utter mess. The last scene summed it up best. They are time pirates who with their arrogance and selfishness broke time itself. It's not just the interactions with their former selves. Once again, just like with Stein and his daughter, we see team members (Nate and Amaya) choose personal happiness over the timeline. And to make it worse, the rest of them (especially the Captain who's "better than Rip ever was") go along and encourage it. But that's ok. I am certain when the show begins again next season, they will fix the mess without any repercussions for their actions. After all, Barry is the only time traveler who deserves hell for changing time, right? Even Black Flash didn't bother go after the Legends for all their time meddling. The hypocrisy of these shows at its finest.

Laurel's cameo was good for what it was and I guess I should give Sara credit for refusing the temptation to save her.

As usual, the fact that time is broken in Legends won't even be brought up on Arrow and Flash, will it?

The scenes between the 2 versions of the Legends got confusing at times. Apart from the two Saras the others were very hard to tell apart at times.

If this is indeed Arthur Darvill's exit from the show, then it's a big loss. Rip Hunter always came across as the voice of reason and one of the very few who realized the gravity of the team's mission. At the same time, once Sara became captain, it was clear that there wasn't enough room for both characters and Rip couldn't be a supporting player forever. It just sucks that the better option as captain was the one to be written out. But hey, we got to prop the character who we created over the existing DC character...

I really hoped this would be it for Nate and Amaya. I just couldn't find myself interested in them, especially once they became romantically involved. The show could have done with 2 better characters in their place, IMHO.

Liked the little scene between Snart and Rory at the end. These two have terrific chemistry and it makes me want to tune in to Prison Break this season.

Lastly, I find it completely ridiculous that a show that borrows a number of Arrow and Flash characters can just kill them off and deprive them from their original shows. For the second year in a row, Legends of Tomorrow kills off one of the major Flash Rogues. Why is this allowed to happen? Granted, Thawne ceased being a regular character after season 1 of the Flash, but they still kept him around as a time remnant and as someone who could pop back on the show here and there. He's Barry's arch nemesis for crying out loud! LoT just completely wiped him from existence. Sheesh.

2/10. Said it before, but no amount of fun this show has will make up for the fact that it's badly written and that it flat out refuses to adhere to the storyline principles that it's supposed to be honoring.
                  Last edited by costas22; 04-05-2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
                    Having two sets of Legends really confused me to see which is which.
                    Agreed. I was having a hard time following who was who, but I guess that was supposed to be the point since it was the one big rule of time travel.

Rip leaving to make way for Sara to be Captain permanently reflects Guggenheim's favoritism.
                    Two theories for that: one, I'm guessing it's how people seemed to think Rip was a bit more selfish as a leader than Sara was. Secondly I think it may have to do with Arthur Darvill's other commitments since I think he was doing another show at the time which explained why he wasn't around much the first half of the season.

Captain Cold, Reverse Flash, and Damien Dahrk stay dead while Malcolm Merlyn is still out there.
                    I doubt Reverse Flash is gonna stay dead since Barry still needs to deal with him at some point. I think getting rid of Merlyn altogether in his time might cause another serious time paradox.

I hope Amaya meets her granddaughter Mari for season 3.
                    Hopefully without her recognizing Amaya.

Great to see Dinah Laurel again.
                    Even if it was just a cameo it was a pretty heartwarming scene.

Comment

It would suck if Thawne is gone for good, he was easily the most compelling of the Legion villains.

Rip leaving is a loss to the team and the show, but as others have pointed out they weren't going to keep two captains and they will always side with original characters than canon ones. Hence Malcolm yet again lingering well beyond his expiration date. Ultimately Sara made the best choice in not reversing Laurel's death, which was likely the best card the fates could play to tempt her.

Wow, they are doubling down on Nate and Amaya -- the pairing I'm most indifferent to. The team is ok choosing personal happiness over say, actually standing on principle and getting their mission done. If they even have a mission now.

But, yeah, they are temporal outlaws at this point. They supposedly broke time itself, but any bets none of this will be felt on Arrow or Flash. Shared universe and all that? Riiiiight.

It was fun enough on the surface, but calling it a time travel show is a stretch at this point. It's the series I take least seriously and their shorter run is likely for the best.

Comment

Shared Universe....don't make me laugh, lol

I mean, it would be cool if at the end of Flash season 3 and Arrow season 5, both teams saw reports of dinosaurs in Los Angeles....

But yeah, this time travel stuff on Legends is a mess. It just makes death scenes at particular times feel empty. I mean, no one really thought that Amaya and Ray's death were going to be stick. Again, I will bring up how stupid it is that Laurel Lance is the only one who HAS to stay dead, when these Legends find ways to come back from death, over and over and over, again.

Comment

It would definitely be a cool concept if everything was "normal" one moment on Flash and Arrow and then suddenly dinosaurs started popping up out of nowhere. Realistically, with all the historical changes happening in LOT the shows in the present (Flash and Arrow) should change roughly every week, so Barry should be running around during the Civil War. At the same time, this'd mean the studio would have to film extra long and cram that into both weekly episodes and I know there's only so much budget to go around.

Regarding Thawne, it was nice to see him not wriggle out of his non-existence at the end, but that leaves the question of what to do with Black Flash since he still exists.

Another thing that still exists is that message from Future Barry earlier in the season to Rip Hunter about him returning to a time period different than the one he left and not to trust anyone. Is that storyline reserved for the Flash show, season 3 of Legends or what?

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
                            Another thing that still exists is that message from Future Barry earlier in the season to Rip Hunter about him returning to a time period different than the one he left and not to trust anyone. Is that storyline reserved for the Flash show, season 3 of Legends or what?

Well, they played it off like that message was something linked with The Dominators invasion. I think the thing with that message is over with. I say this because that message hasn't been brought up since The Dominators episodes.

Comment

Now that I have seen it;
                              Mick, Amaya and Sara have been my favorite characters this season. Considering that Sara was at the bottom of my list last year, that's saying something. Mick really has grown as a character and a person. I think he even made his peace with Leonard. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop with Amaya being out of time, or whatever- I still wish they just recast her as Mari McCabe, so she wouldn't have this ticking time clock over her head. Rip this season hasn't been one of my favorites, but his goodbye scene was so random; no goodbye with Gideon or the rest of the team, he just turns the ship over to Sara. ( in fact, I'd like to know how Gideon feels about all of this) I have a feeling he'll be popping up again, but I'm not sure what else Arthur darvill is doing, or why he was even on this show. I'm still bummed about thawne, and confused as to his overall motivation- I'd still love to see a good guy version of him somewhere.
                              Last edited by protege; 04-05-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎