Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Ladies Drink Free"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Ladies Drink Free"?

So before I give my thoughts I just have to say that—overall—I wasn’t that impressed with this episode. That it wasn’t bad, per se. Just boring, predictable and filler-ish.

Anyway, back to the start. So the girl and the guy meet up, it’s revealed they are sibs and she wants to just go back to the bar. She even cites the horror movie trope (cute) then ditches him (not cute). I thought they had both been ganked (what’s up with SPN’s predictable openings recently? As soon as you see the people at the start of the ep. You know they are going to end up dead.) but turns out girl had lived. And been bitten by a werewolf.

The boys are at the BMOL HQ and are being kept waiting. Not a good idea, dudes. And the BMOL have a Hogwarts type school?

The talk about the monsters and Sam pointing out there can be good ones (Garth, I feel, was the one he was not naming). BMOL Mick there is all “no, they must all die” and points out there have been no werewolves in Britain since the 20’s.

Boys at the ritzy hotel, and Dean even swam in the pool (naked, apparently)?

The Fleetwood Mac names the hospital. I kind of laughed when Mick joined in as “Doctor Buckingham”. Cute. The boys tanking seemed a bit forced (more to get Mick in there than anything else. We’ve seen them sweet talk their way through tougher stuff), then we find out Claire’s on the case.

We see Claire and Jody texting and it was obvious that Claire was lying to her. Which, not smart girl, considering Jody is awesome!

Mick injecting the girl then ganking her after she attacks. I mean, I knew he was going to kill her (kind of thought that was going to happen when he was alone with her earlier) but we all knew it was coming.

Dean protecting Claire from skeezy bartender.

Sam and Claire have it out, she bails and goes walking with headphones on. Bit stupid, if you ask me. She’s a hunter, she should know better. Be aware of your surroundings—especially if there’s a monster on the loose. She gets bit and I figure she’s a goner but then it’s revealed there’s a cure? Maybe? I immediately figure that she’s going to be saved (in part because they were trying too hard to set up that she had to die and in part because figured they’d want the cure to work).

Mick steps in and ganks the werewolf (interesting how it was the BMOL’s fault that this werewolf went ‘loner wolf’ in the first place), using the old school silver bullet method.

After a ‘she’s dead’ fakeout (c’mon!) she’s cured. So now they have a cure for werewolves? Will it be forgotten like the one for demons?

Claire calls Jody and goes to hunt on her own. I feel like they are really trying to set up a spin off with her.

I’m just wondering, how badly will Cas loose it when they tell him what happened?! Also, where was he when all this was happening? I mean, that’s his vessel’s daughter, for crying out loud. Just felt odd that she was maybe going to die and they don’t even call Castiel?

But yeah, mostly just seemed filler-ish, with a bit more push on the BMOL side.
    10--better than a 3 star hotel!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than being bitten by a werewolf
    0%

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    So before I give my thoughts I just have to say that—overall—I wasn’t that impressed with this episode. That it wasn’t bad, per se. Just boring, predictable and filler-ish.

Anyway, back to the start. So the girl and the guy meet up, it’s revealed they are sibs and she wants to just go back to the bar. She even cites the horror movie trope (cute) then ditches him (not cute). I thought they had both been ganked (what’s up with SPN’s predictable openings recently? As soon as you see the people at the start of the ep. You know they are going to end up dead.) but turns out girl had lived. And been bitten by a werewolf.

The boys are at the BMOL HQ and are being kept waiting. Not a good idea, dudes. And the BMOL have a Hogwarts type school?

The talk about the monsters and Sam pointing out there can be good ones (Garth, I feel, was the one he was not naming). BMOL Mick there is all “no, they must all die” and points out there have been no werewolves in Britain since the 20’s.

Boys at the ritzy hotel, and Dean even swam in the pool (naked, apparently)?

The Fleetwood Mac names the hospital. I kind of laughed when Mick joined in as “Doctor Buckingham”. Cute. The boys tanking seemed a bit forced (more to get Mick in there than anything else. We’ve seen them sweet talk their way through tougher stuff), then we find out Claire’s on the case.

We see Claire and Jody texting and it was obvious that Claire was lying to her. Which, not smart girl, considering Jody is awesome!

Mick injecting the girl then ganking her after she attacks. I mean, I knew he was going to kill her (kind of thought that was going to happen when he was alone with her earlier) but we all knew it was coming.

Dean protecting Claire from skeezy bartender.

Sam and Claire have it out, she bails and goes walking with headphones on. Bit stupid, if you ask me. She’s a hunter, she should know better. Be aware of your surroundings—especially if there’s a monster on the loose. She gets bit and I figure she’s a goner but then it’s revealed there’s a cure? Maybe? I immediately figure that she’s going to be saved (in part because they were trying too hard to set up that she had to die and in part because figured they’d want the cure to work).

Mick steps in and ganks the werewolf (interesting how it was the BMOL’s fault that this werewolf went ‘loner wolf’ in the first place), using the old school silver bullet method.

After a ‘she’s dead’ fakeout (c’mon!) she’s cured. So now they have a cure for werewolves? Will it be forgotten like the one for demons?

Claire calls Jody and goes to hunt on her own. I feel like they are really trying to set up a spin off with her.

I’m just wondering, how badly will Cas loose it when they tell him what happened?! Also, where was he when all this was happening? I mean, that’s his vessel’s daughter, for crying out loud. Just felt odd that she was maybe going to die and they don’t even call Castiel?

But yeah, mostly just seemed filler-ish, with a bit more push on the BMOL side.
    I suspect Cas's absence in this episode, along with Crowly's, I might add, is mostly due to contracts and the limited number of episodes each actor can do per season.

Yeah, knew that Clair was going to be "saved" the moment a cure was even mentioned on the show and she got herself bit. Also convenient that the cure only works on Werewolves who don't feed, so that veteran wolves like Garth and his pack can't be cured. At first I thought Supernatural broke their own silly rule on the cure's limitations because Clair was clearly forced to tank a chunk of human heart, but then I remembered she spat it back into the pureblood's face.

I just feel bad for that poor girl who died in the hospital. Barely a werewolf for ten minutes, but now thanks to her being a monster none the less, she's now found herself in Purgatory for all eternity (a fate that was almost nearly bestowed on Clair, I might add). Especially since now that we know that there's not only a cure, but the douche BMOL guy knew about it. Hope they don't wait until the season finisher to kill him off.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
      I suspect Cas's absence in this episode, along with Crowly's, I might add, is mostly due to contracts and the limited number of episodes each actor can do per season.
      I thought Misha and Mark Sheppard will full cast members now? I thought that meant that--while they might not appear in every episode--that they would be 'available' for the whole season? *is confused now*

Yeah, knew that Clair was going to be "saved" the moment a cure was even mentioned on the show and she got herself bit. Also convenient that the cure only works on Werewolves who don't feed, so that veteran wolves like Garth and his pack can't be cured.
      Yeah, it was pretty telegraphed. And also very convenient that previous werewolves can't be 'cured', yes.

Hope they don't wait until the season finisher to kill him off.
      I thought Mr. Ketch would be our 'face of evil' for the BMOL but more and more I think it's this guy.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎