Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Disbanded?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine if the Queen administration goes down over financial irregularities with Russia, and nothing at all related to Prometheus or GA? Maybe Oliver's murky Russian ties could be a S6 plot, assuming he's still mayor then.

If Oliver ever thinks the Errol Flynn look is for him, I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
      Imagine if the Queen administration goes down over financial irregularities with Russia, and nothing at all related to Prometheus or GA? Maybe Oliver's murky Russian ties could be a S6 plot, assuming he's still mayor then.
      Imagine if this show, of all shows, had pressed forward with a plot like that this season and turned out to be incredibly relevant to the current political climate in America. I imagine someone in the writers' room is kicking themselves.

Aw, c'mon. Be a good sport. After five years in hood, it's time to become someone else. It's time to become something else.

Comment

You beat me to it! And I'm not pining for the GOATEE (or the van Dyke) either! Click image for larger version

Name:	GA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	6628599

Comment

Oliver's shady ties with the Bratva certainly would have been a fitting storyline in light of what's happening in the States.

Unfortunately though, they didn't persist with it. Plus, the Arrowverse exists in an alternate universe where the US president is a respectable woman. Except for the reality that the Legion of Doom created in Legends. The LoT writers implied that Trump is president in that villains' paradise.

Comment

Lol, they did imply it didn't they? I hope Thawne enjoys his stay at Mar-A-Lago during winters too.

Surely the idea to make parallels between Oliver's government and the current political climate must have come up in the writers' room. My guess -- they chickened out, the idea got voted down, they got some internal heat from network and/or advertisers if they went too meta with it, or they chose to play it safe. Or all of this.

As for Oliver's possible new GA look, I'm going to have to pay attention to his look in DC Rebirth if they take cues from it. 'Cause his previous all-weather short-sleeved look was heavily New 52-style and even reminiscent of SV GA's look.

Aww, guys, show some love for the Van Dyke. It's canon! Oliver would also blend in with the Pacific northwest hipsters if he rocked that, with a knitted cap, ironic t-shirt (wears iconic Che Guevara shirt, but is himself an icon of SC blue-blood establishment), birkenstocks (embracing the stereotype) and a tumbler of his favourite (allegedly) "fair trade" organic coffee: Purgatory Premium Roast by the Lian Yu Coffee House. (Shh, don't tell the papers it was financed by shady Bratva and Russian oligarchs).

Drummed out of city hall, Hipster Oliver seeks solace in off-Main Street cafes, penning pretentious "revolutionary" spoken word performances, hashtagging support for novel-but-obscure social causes, and professing love for equally obscure indie bands that, like, only five people in the West Coast have ever heard of much less listened to.

Oliver's S6 identity crisis:

Rene: "What up with hoss, Diggle?"

Diggle: "I thought it was Prometheus -- but it's the Van Dyke. And all those kale ginseng smoothies. It changed him, man. It's like he became ... someone else ... something ... else."

There must be an earth where the Van Dyke is similar to that "man-bun" hair trend and everyone is sporting it.

Comment

I'm beginning to think that the van Dyke beard is just as iconic as The Flashback Wig! Just like the FB Wig it has an illustrious career, and it has graced many a great men, such as General Custer:

Van Dyke Beard Style: Explore 3 trendy looks of the Van Dyke beard style and learn how to achieve them.

Of course, Wikipedia claims that Oliver Queen's facial hair is rather a goatee, so it remains to be seen whether Green Arrow is indeed a Northwest hipster or a descendant of the Greek god Pan (who was half-goat, hence the name!):

Comment

Does anyone else wish Curtis was funny?

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                  Does anyone else wish Curtis was funny?
                  At this point I'd settle for him to stop trying to be.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    I'd say he's quite broken. He willingly let Bratva come into his city and steal drugs.
                    But he was willing to play thug in Russia for Anatoly not that long ago. And he didn't have any trouble with having the Bratva in his city in first and second episode at all. As long as they did what he wanted when he wanted it he had been quite lenient about their otherwise activities. So I don't see this fact as Oliver being broken.

And now due to his falling out with Anatoly they remain there ready to cause chaos.
                    Yes, Anatoly is on this dark trip, too. I hope we will have a sub plot about this in season 6.

His conscience couldn't handle the team killing Chase (although Wild Dog kills B-level thugs every week) but it could handle the city suffering from the Bratva.
                    Indeed. His logic is hardly Vulcan.

It was like he was trying to prove to Chase that he's not as destructive as he accused him of being: He is actually worse.
                    It seems to me that Chase indeed got into his head. Chase tortures him, threatens him, challenges him, shows Oliver he is disappointed when Oliver gives up. And Oliver doesn't have the slightest clue why. That story about Chase's father is hardly working as a motive. Chase is not on a revenge trip, whatever he says. Same for Talia. And it seems to me that Oliver reacts to that unknown emotional quantity rather than any logical arguments. So far, the only explanation for Chase's behaviour I can think of is he kind of trains Oliver: It is like Slade trained him on the island, challenging, hurting, encouraging to fight back. Just on a higher scale because Chase also kills innocents and Oliver's friends instead of just slapping his hand with a stick when Oliver falls into one of his "this is all useless" modes. So yes, I agree, Oliver does not really want Chase dead, he wants to prove to him (and himself) something.

Interesting though, Anatoly does not think of Oliver as destructive at all. Quite the opposite actually, and Anatoly is the only one who fully knows what Oliver is capable of (except for Chase if Chase was not lying).

Comment

Decent episode.

Chase is seriously deranged. There must be something more to him than Oliver just killing his Dad.

Are we not seeing any more of Talia in the flashbacks? Whilst she is very cool, her being in the flashbacks hasn't really added anything besides a tenuous link to the present.

I like how throughout the entirety of the show, the Bratva have slowly become more and more antagonistic. It's been a very slowburn but good storyline.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎