No announcement yet.

The Trouble with Isobel's Magic.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trouble with Isobel's Magic.

Latest in my 'The Trouble with...' series. Like the others, it's simply a story based around an idea that doesn't belong in any other tale I'm working on. As ever, comments and feedback are most welcome. Enjoy!

---

Author: Bally
    Title: The Trouble with Isobel’s Magic
    Genre: Humour
    Characters: Clark, Lois, Chloe and Lana
    Rating: K+

Summary: The girls learn more about what happened during Chloe’s 18th birthday party, much to the dismay and embarrassment of Clark. Set just after 4x08 (Spell).

Author’s Note: I do not own the characters. This story was inspired by the frankly hilarious DVD commentary for this episode. The three actresses clearly had a great time filming this episode so I wanted to try and bring that reaction on the commentary to their characters too. It also brings to mind Jim’s embarrassment in American Pie.

---

OMG Bally! Poor Clark! Imagine the horror of having that dance video going viral through high school? Clark needs a hug now, poor baby.

Comment

"But oh Lois, why oh why does she have to be so mean sometimes?"

Wendy, I wrote her this way as it was in character for her, especially in season 4. She and Clark seemed to delight in one another's misfortune. In 'Krypto', despite her name-calling, it's Clark who enjoys the fact she is allergic to dogs, who smiles when Shelby splashes her after his bath, and when she steps in dog crap outside the shelter. So it's not all one-sided. That said, there are still plenty of moments where they show genuine warmth and concern. It was a balance I think the writer's struck very well in season 4 when she was introduced.

I did try to temper the meanness somewhat by having her say the video wasn't that bad, and to give her a bit of a guilt trip over organising the party on the same evening that Clark was due to meet with the man from Princeton.

Comment

Oh yes that is true. I think that was the beauty of their early relationship, they could both give and take in a way they didn't experience with anyone else. Lois pushed Clark's limits and Clark tempered Lois' wild side.

Comment

Bally, I enjoyed the story, but I just thought I'd point out one thing. I don't know if it was a typo but it's peals of laughter, not peels. Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes. When I see errors like this I have to correct them.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
            Bally, I enjoyed the story, but I just thought I'd point out one thing. I don't know if it was a typo but it's peals of laughter, not peels. Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes. When I see errors like this I have to correct them.
            Quite right too. Thanks! I must admit I just assumed it was 'peels' rather than 'peals' because it's a phrase I've heard fairly frequently rather than one I can easily recall reading anywhere. If you spot any more, please let me know!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎