No announcement yet.

The Trouble with Electric Currents.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trouble with Electric Currents.

New story complete. As per usual, please leave comments and feedback.

---

Author: Bally
    Title: The Trouble with Electric Currents
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Friendship/Humour

Summary: A story about a birthday present, a hairbrush, a CD player, an empty dorm room and a freshly showered Lois rocking out with abandon until she’s left ‘Thunderstruck’. Set before and after the events of 4x08 (Spell), using an idea that featured in a deleted scene from that episode.

Author's Notes: I do not own the characters. Song lyrics written by Angus and Malcolm Young so due credit to them, AC/DC and any others that can lay claim to the song’s rights. Also, credit to the episode’s writer Steven S. DeKnight and director Jeannot Szwarc as I’ve borrowed from a deleted scene.

---

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1241927...CTRIC-CURRENTS

---

Rock on and enjoy!

One semi off-topic feedback.

I don't know if anyone ever told you this but writing in ALL CAPS is considered rude. It's the internet equivalent of SHOUTING in the real world.

But you do it all the time when you post on FF.net:

And in my inbox it looks like this:

Last edited by DJ Doena; 03-25-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

DJ Doena, thanks for the feedback.

I only put story titles in capitals, simply because I'm not always sure which words in the title should begin with capitals. I also personally think a title when listed like the above looks better all in upper case. I assure you I'm not trying to be rude or ignorant or seeking extra attention for my stories. As I've said before, I'm grateful that others are taking the time to read them at all, and if they leave comments and feedback, then great!

I hope you don't mind but I will continue to capitalise story titles, but thanks for reading and commenting.

Comment

Oh I loved that Bally, from the perving to the gift giving.

Comment

Thanks Wendy.

One of the deleted scenes from 'Spell' is pretty much the third chapter in this story. I think it's a good scene that explains the gift Clark was shown wrapping badly in the episode (when Isobel-Lana showed up and hit on him to steal a lock of his hair for her magic potion). I think it got cut because of Lois' 'pervert' line to Clark. He hadn't actually done anything to have that jibe thrown at him, even if she wasn't being serious. By including a scene where he inadvertently catches her enjoying AC/DC takes the harshness out of her later jibe I think, or at least gives her a better reason to use it. Earlier in the episode, Lois shows up with a bootful of party decorations and Clark's dialogue with her suggests they've already had a discussion about a party and the Princeton guy, so that's why I put that idea in the opening chapter about them talking on the phone and so on. I get the feeling they did sort-of keep in touch while she was away at Met U. Writing another fictional character for a brief scene with Clark was just my way of trying to show there are other people within the main characters' orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bally
            One of the deleted scenes from 'Spell' is pretty much the third chapter in this story.
            Huh. I never actually seen this deleted scene (until just now).

Now I'll watch the episode again. It was cheesy. But it was fun also.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
              Huh. I never actually seen this deleted scene (until just now).

Now I'll watch the episode again. It was cheesy. But it was fun also.
              That's an accurate summation of that episode. Clark dancing on the stairs is one of the funniest moments of season 4. If you haven't already, check out the episode's commentary featuring the 3 girls and the director. It's a riot!

Comment

Oh the commentary for Spell was one of the best bits of that episode, apart from shirtless Clark of course!!!
                I agree, I think that Clois did stay in touch even if it was only Lois giving Clark a hard time.

Comment

RIP Malcolm Young.

Comment

Mm

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡