0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Ill-Written Story
    0%

I gave it a 6.

The Beowulf story just didn't jive well here.

The present day scenes were fine, though.

I'm not sure how I feel about Robin getting close to the Evil Queen, but Regina merging with her seems more likely.

The preview for next week looked better than what we got tonight. So, I hope it's good.

Comment

I gave it a 5 only because they brought back the Evil Queen. My preference would have been they kept the dilemma the only way to kill the Evil Queen is to kill Regina. Thus resulting with Regina making the ultimate sacrifice of either dying or merging back with her Evil side. In the end, I hope Regina does merge with her Evil self. Her character was more interesting with her ongoing internal conflict and struggle with her Evil side.

The rest of the episode annoyed me. It was bad enough they killed off Bae but now make him a murderer was too much. It was so out of character. He always hated magic and what it did to his father. Also, from day one, Rumple has been represented as a coward who was addicted to power and how it made him feel. Now, we are to believe he made this huge sacrifice for Bae by taking the blame for killing Baewolf. The same person who loved power so much he wouldn't jump in the portal with Bae to go to a land without magic.

The whole Hook killing David's father is also annoying. It just seems like a tedious ploy to keep tension between two couples. Proof was last night when he was about to tell Emma the truth only to stop because Emma found the ring and thought his struggle was how to propose.

I enjoyed the direction the show was going before the "wish" world but not of this current direction. I hope things pick up soon.
      Last edited by SteelyGal; 03-21-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
        My preference would have been they kept the dilemma the only way to kill the Evil Queen is to kill Regina. Thus resulting with Regina making the ultimate sacrifice of either dying or merging back with her Evil side. In the end,
        I totally agree, SteelyGal. It almost feels like a missed opportunity at this point (to have Regina sacrifice herself), because I thought that would've happened by now.

I hope Regina does merge with her Evil self. Her character was more interesting with her ongoing internal conflict and struggle with her Evil side.
        Same here. Also, this version of Robin seems to prefer the Evil Queen. So, if their plan was to bring him back so Regina could have another chance at love, then her merging with her Evil side will have to happen. Otherwise, they made it clear he has no interest in Regina.

The rest of the episode annoyed me. It was bad enough they killed off Bae but now make him a murderer was too much. It was so out of character. He always hated magic and what it did to his father. Also, from day one, Rumple has been represented as a coward who was addicted to power and how it made him feel. Now, we are to believe he made this huge sacrifice for Bae by taking the blame for killing Baewolf. The same person who loved power so much he wouldn't jump in the portal with Bae to go to a land without magic.
        I totally agree with everything you said. It's like they were trying to make Rumple more sympathetic by throwing Baelfire under the bus. It just didn't work.

Belle's reaction to his behavior made no sense either. All of a sudden, because he didn't let the darkness corrupt Gideon, she thinks he's admirable now, but the fact that he wiped Baelfire's memory with magic and attempted to do the same thing with Gideon was swept under the rug. It was just bad writing.

The whole Hook killing David's father is also annoying. It just seems like a tedious ploy to keep tension between two couples. Proof was last night when he was about to tell Emma the truth only to stop because Emma found the ring and thought his struggle was how to propose.
        That irritated me too, mainly because the rest of that episode was flawless (at least for me). They should've just kept the blame on King George.
        Last edited by Aries83; 03-23-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Not very thrilled about them bringing back the Evil Queen (feel like that plotline has run its course). And I agree with the others about the flashbacks.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎