Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Star-Crossed" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Star-Crossed" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Count down to Monday night's Supergirl and talk about it LIVE as it airs, right here!

Here are pics:

Is this considered part of the crossover episode with Flash? If so, I hate that they'd classify this as a crossover. We know that Barry, probable Cisco (due to his abilities) will show up at the last minute of the episode; which they'll just repeat again at the beginning of Flash's episode. The promos and even the title for Supergirl's episode suggest that it's a standalone episode. "The Flash musical episode with guest appearance from Melissa Benoist as Supergirl" is how they should classify the Flash episode.

Comment

36 Minutes

Comment

six minutes~!

Comment

supergirls on now.

Comment

I was right that this episode was Winn-centric.

I think Kara did the musical crossover between this and Exodus hence why both Alex and Winn got screentime.

Maybe it's time for James to join the DEO. He, Winn, and Alex are working well together. Hence the problem here is that they don't know what to do with Kara other than her romance with Mon-El.

I don't want Kara and Mon-El getting back together after the musical crossover.

Comment

So- another vote for abolishing catco. I was about to say that jimmy working with the deo seemed random, but if he does join the deo, you don't have any reason to have catco around anymore. Oh, and I really hate mon el's parents. I skipped a lot of this episode, because I just don't care about most of the characters., the problem I've been having with this show all season.
              Last edited by protege; 03-20-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

A 2-arc episode. The one involving Winn was ok, but I liked the episode that involved his dad much better. This Lyra girl just came about too randomly for me to care, sorry. It's also quite sad that James' only purpose on the show is being a part of Winn's romantic arc.

The other storyline was sheer predictable Berlanti-verse melodrama at its finest. I found it boring and mostly a waste of Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo. Good thing they will appear in next week's episode as well. Hopefully the show will make better use of him there. The only positive of the entire storyline was the Daxham flashback. It gave you a good indication of how much Mon-El has changed.

At the risk of repeating myself, I missed Lena Luthor and Snapper Carr.

As for the final scene, it went pretty much as expected. It's a shame that once again they falsely promoted the musical as a 2-parter even though that wasn't the case. Supergirl as a show is lucky though. At least it got to carry on with its storylines this week while the Flash's will take a backseat for this nonsense.

5/10

Comment

I'd love it if stuff did hit the fan during the crossover. Like Prometheus somehow kidnapping Mon-El (or James, to extend his shelflife) and Iris ... while Barry and Kara are soft-shoeing to a Michael Buble cover. Whatcha gonna do then, toe-tappin' heroes?

They would just use it to cover All Out of Love by Air Supply. Unless Julian and Caitlin get into a tiff, and they want Julian to pour his heart out. -- in which case The One that You Love can be Alchemy's ballad to KF.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    A 2-arc episode. The one involving Winn was ok, but I liked the episode that involved his dad much better. This Lyra girl just came about too randomly for me to care, sorry. It's also quite sad that James' only purpose on the show is being a part of Winn's romantic arc.

The other storyline was sheer predictable Berlanti-verse melodrama at its finest. I found it boring and mostly a waste of Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo. Good thing they will appear in next week's episode as well. Hopefully the show will make better use of him there. The only positive of the entire storyline was the Daxham flashback. It gave you a good indication of how much Mon-El has changed.

At the risk of repeating myself, I missed Lena Luthor and Snapper Carr.

As for the final scene, it went pretty much as expected. It's a shame that once again they falsely promoted the musical as a 2-parter even though that wasn't the case. Supergirl as a show is lucky though. At least it got to carry on with its storylines this week while the Flash's will take a backseat for this nonsense.

5/10
                    Too many storylines for a single episode IMHO. It was more or less predictable that Mon-El would turn out to be the prince of Daxam as that was hinted before. I was disappointed though that the aliens chasing him turned out to be his parents. I was expecting them to be hostile aliens (maybe former slaves ?) seeking revenge against the Daxamite royal family, which would have made sense.
                    Last edited by Mbruno; 03-21-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Honestly, Mon-el comes off as really selfish here... like he hadn't really learned any real lessons during his time with Kara. It honestly made me glad that Kara broke up with him.

Kara had a point in that he had a second chance that most people didn't get to have. Not only is most of the Damaxites alive, but they could come back to their own planet to rebuild. We all know that Kara would jump at the chance to be with her biological family again, and to rebuild Krypton. Kara knows how to prioritize here, but Mon-el apparently haven't learned how to do that.

Plus? Mon-el had this chance to reform the entire Damaxite way of living. I mean, he turned into a better person over time... so it stands to reason that he could end up being a better ruler than his parents ever were, now that he learned how to have more empathy and compassion for others instead of only thinking of himself.
                      But no... he's still only thinking of himself... because he honestly cares about being with Kara more than he does about his entire race's future. Like I said, that just comes off as really selfish.

This is one of the reason why I don't like Mon-El as an love interest for Kara at all.

The winn storyline was pretty meh and was the boring part of the ep for me. Not much to say about that here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                        Too many storylines for a single episode IMHO. It was more or less predictable that Mon-El would turn out to be the prince of Daxam as that was hinted before. I was disappointed though that the aliens chasing him turned out to be his parents. I was expecting them to be hostile aliens (maybe former slaves ?) seeking revenge against the Daxamite royal family, which would have made sense.
                        From what I gather, they had to come up with a storyline that didn't involve Kara because Melissa would be too busy shooting the musical. But even so, having plot A revolve around Winn's love life? Eh. They could have just focused more on Mon-El and the conflict between his parents. And even showed more Daxam flashbacks.

Comment

Is Barry even in this episode? I haven't seen it yet but I heard he wasn't. I thought this was supposed to be part 1 of a crossover.

Comment

No he is not. The storyline with Music Meister starts during the last minute of this episode.

Comment

This was an episode where the opening recap spoiled the reveal. It was obviously about Mon-El's royal status, which meant Sorbo and Hatcher were likely Mon-El's parents. Anyway, I'm glad this is all out in the open now. I'm glad Kara and Mon-El broke up so they can get back together and eventually break up again. We've made it through another loop of the roller coaster. I wouldn't be surprised if Mon-El eventually does go back to Daxam to lead the people.

Hooray for Maggie kind of being a law enforcement officer again. I expect she and Alex will have problems again soon, maybe even next week.

Not-so-hooray for Winn continuing to be a stereotype of a male who will do anything if an attractive woman says the word "sex."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎