No announcement yet.

anyone know where this building is located

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know where this building is located

Okay so the apartment that Barry and Iris now live in. Anyone know where that building is located? I really don't think it is in Vancouver itself as I haven't been able to find it on Google Earth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	apartment 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	6628867

Name:	apartment 2.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	6628868

Name:	apartment 4.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	6628869

Couple things I have noticed, the bar across the street from the apartment in the first pic is flying an American flag. The first floor of the apartment itself seems to be a club (third pic). Also from looking at the street signs, one is clearly 2nd St, while the other is harder to read it looks like it starts with a C and has a G in the middle. I don't know which cities they get these "city" shots from but again I don't thin this is Vancouver and I have looked through Portland as well on Google Earth and don't think it is there.

Anyone have any ideas?

The American flag could always be added in post-production or put up for filming. I do think it is somewhere in the Greater Vancouver area given that the show is filmed there.

Comment

I agree about the flag, even the street names. I have used Google Earth to search vancouver looking for the building which is very distinctive and haven't been able to find it. Of course it's quite possible I have simply missed it. I asked though because according to the articles below I thought it likely that the building was in another city...mainly due to the fact that I have had no problem finding some other locations of the show in vancouver, but this one seems to elude me.

The shows Arrow and The Flash take place in Starling City and nearby(?) Central City. My understanding (assumption) is that both shows are filmed in Vancouver, although each show has city shots dep...

I don't know how accurate those articles are but it made me wonder if the reason I can't find the building is because it's not in Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by RyeEncoke
        I agree about the flag, even the street names. I have used Google Earth to search vancouver looking for the building which is very distinctive and haven't been able to find it. Of course it's quite possible I have simply missed it. I asked though because according to the articles below I thought it likely that the building was in another city...mainly due to the fact that I have had no problem finding some other locations of the show in vancouver, but this one seems to elude me.

The shows Arrow and The Flash take place in Starling City and nearby(?) Central City. My understanding (assumption) is that both shows are filmed in Vancouver, although each show has city shots dep...

I don't know how accurate those articles are but it made me wonder if the reason I can't find the building is because it's not in Vancouver.
        Hmm I guess I just took it for granted that all shots would be in the greater Vancouver area. It wouldn't be the first time a show has had establishing shots from other cities than where it was actually filmed. I still feel like that building looks like it's in Vancouver but a lot of cities have that sort of architecture.

Comment

see that's what I thought too....it just looks like it belongs in Vancouver....like Gastown or Crosstown in particular, but anywhere really. But it also does remind me of NY and even parts of LA.

*shrugs* I guess it just bugs me I can't find it in Vancouver and so was hoping someone knew.
          Last edited by RyeEncoke; 03-09-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

see that's what I thought too....it just looks like it belongs in Vancouver....like Gastown or Crosstown in particular, but anywhere really. But it also does look remind me of NY and even parts of LA.

*shrugs* I guess it just bugs me I can't find it in Vancouver and so was hoping someone knew.
            yeah hopefully there is someone who can help eventually.

Comment

see that's what I thought too....it just looks like it belongs in Vancouver....like Gastown or Crosstown in particular, but anywhere really. But it also does remind me of NY and even parts of LA.

i spoke to a friend in Vancouver, they seem to think it's on West Broadway near Cambie. Now that I have looked at google maps near that area, I think the building in the distance might be Vancouver General Hospital.

Comment

I checked every intersection on West Broadway up and down with Street View, I couldn't find it.

I doubt that they bothered to digitally alter the street names. The first one says 2nd something and Vancouver does have a 2nd Avenue but nothing screams out at me, especially not at Cambie St / 2nd Ave.

The second one has a letter in the middle section that goes below the line, like a g or a y. And it is a one-way street.

(BTW: This is a log file posting, so new findings come after old misses )

A building very similar in architecture can be found on Cambie / Hastings.

From what I've seen of the city my assumption is that that the building is somewhere close to Victory Square. Other quarters just vary to wildly in architecture (style and height)

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                  I checked every intersection on West Broadway up and down with Street View, I couldn't find it.

I doubt that they bothered to digitally alter the street names. The first one says 2nd something and Vancouver does have a 2nd Avenue but nothing screams out at me, especially not at Cambie St / 2nd Ave.

The second one has a letter in the middle section that goes below the line, like a g or a y. And it is a one-way street.

(BTW: This is a log file posting, so new findings come after old misses )

A building very similar in architecture can be found on Cambie / Hastings.

From what I've seen of the city my assumption is that that the building is somewhere close to Victory Square. Other quarters just vary to wildly in architecture (style and height)
                  Yeah I couldn't find it either. I thought maybe it was within a 2 mile radius or something. Cool find on that building. Looks like we are getting
                  closer. If it's near there, probably rules out my Vancouver general hospital theory for the white building in the distance on the first pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                    If it's near there, probably rules out my Vancouver general hospital theory for the white building in the distance on the first pic.
                    Your guess is not impossible either. If you look at the hospital from West Broadway / Oak St, it does look like the building in the first pic.

Comment

becoming more and more convinced it's not in Vancouver...or maybe not even in Canada.

But I am hoping we get a few more shots of the building in future episodes. Getting a better shot at the one street name would help. I agree middle letter is g or y, but knowing the first couple letters before it would help

The Hospital does look very very close to the building in the pic as you mentioned, can't find a match for the buildings at the intersection while keeping the hospital in view. Not giving up on it being in Vancouver yet, but my confidence is dwindling. That building (going to start referring to it as the hospital building so we all know which one we mean) is fairly distinctive, I am going to start looking in some other cities mentioned in the two articles I cited above and see if that gets me any references. Also thought I might take a look around Victoria on maps as well as other cities further out from vancouver island keeping the hospital building in mind.

Comment

Don't lose hope in Vancouver. Not sure if this is any help but friend was also thinks it might be a few blocks up from Cambie towards UBC. But that is probably relative since UBC is quite a ways away.
                        Last edited by Vergon6; 03-19-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

yeah not totally losing hope in Vancouver or surrounding area yet. Just because you see quite a few buildings that have a similar style here and there. I think it's just nobody has lucked out yet and found it. Wish the Flash production office would help us out but they never responded to my tweet.

Comment

I've emailed the website that posts about the flash filming locations to see if they can help.

Comment

oh....good idea, that never even occurred to me

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎