No announcement yet.

Riverdale Renewed For Season 2!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverdale Renewed For Season 2!

Its official. Riverdale is renewed for season 2!
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 03-08-2017, 01:32 AM. Reason: See comments in my post

Austin, you've been a poster here long enough to wait to include a KSiteTV link. Check and see if it's up there before referring to another site. Thanks.

Comment

Oh sorry i didnt see one when i posted. Sorry about that again. Ill b more careful from now on.

Comment

It's nice to see it got renewed.

At this point, I'm not sure I'll be watching Season 2. It depends on what happens in the Season 1 Finale.

I'm sure the CW only renewed it to avoid the negative onslaught that would've followed had they cancelled it, since it's sort of a higher-profile project for them.

Comment

Aries83 yeah thats part of it. I think another major part is the channel is losing 4 series this yr. Frequency and No Tomorrow already ended. The Vampire Diaries is ending this Friday, March 10 and Reign is ending in the next few weeks. So if they lost 4 series and didnt have anything new continue on, i think it couldve made the channel look like it was in bad shape too. Riverdale has steadied in the ratings so i think thats helping too.

Plus i remember there was a backlash when The Secret Circle was canned and maybe the folks at CW wanted to make sure there wasnt a backlash like that again you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
            I think another major part is the channel is losing 4 series this yr. Frequency and No Tomorrow already ended. The Vampire Diaries is ending this Friday, March 10 and Reign is ending in the next few weeks. So if they lost 4 series and didnt have anything new continue on, i think it couldve made the channel look like it was in bad shape too. Riverdale has steadied in the ratings so i think thats helping too.
            That makes sense. I didn't know they were losing that many shows. Maybe all of that will bode well for more seasons of The Originals happening, too. I binge-watched the entire show so far and enjoyed it. I'd hate to see it get canned as well.

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
            there was a backlash when The Secret Circle was canned and maybe the folks at CW wanted to make sure there wasnt a backlash like that again you know?
            Yeah. The Secret Circle had SO much potential. Some of the episodes were flawed, but they should've given it more time.

Comment

The renewal of Riverdale has nothing to do with the backlash when Secret Circle ended.

Warner Bros. TV, The CW, and Archie Comics recently made a deal to do more shows together; they wouldn't cancel their first show together after only 13 episodes. The studio also seems to believe a lot in Riverdale; I mean, they brought press up just the other week.

Also, Riverdale is a social media beast. While Secret Circle had some popular actors, I feel Riverdale has a LOT more buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                The renewal of Riverdale has nothing to do with the backlash when Secret Circle ended.

Warner Bros. TV, The CW, and Archie Comics recently made a deal to do more shows together; they wouldn't cancel their first show together after only 13 episodes. The studio also seems to believe a lot in Riverdale; I mean, they brought press up just the other week.

Also, Riverdale is a social media beast. While Secret Circle had some popular actors, I feel Riverdale has a LOT more buzz.

By the amount of marketing that Riverdale has got in social media and traditional media, it is pretty clear that the network is heavily invested in that show. It would be a big upset for them if the show flopped after one or even two seasons only, as it is clearly meant to be a much longer term project.

Overall, I enjoy the show, but can't help having the feeling that something is not quite right. The show has an above-average cast (in terms of acting skills) by the CW standard, but the writing hasn't been completely satisfactory. I understand they want to have grey characters, as opposed to a more conventional "good guys" vs "bad guys" split, but maybe they are going too far in terms of writing everybody pretty much as mentally unstable and unpredictably dangerous. In a way, Veronica, who, I guess, was supposed to be the "bad girl" when she came into town, is now turning into the nicest (or least threatening) character, which is weird.
                Last edited by Mbruno; 04-13-2017, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Mark Consuelos has been cast as Hiram Lodge in Riverdale Season 2, and the show is seeking a replacement for Ross Butler.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎