No announcement yet.

Haunted by a Gunshot.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted by a Gunshot.

This is an idea I've had knocking around for a while. It just took me ages to get around to building a narrative around the basic idea.

---

Author: Bally
    Title: Haunted by a Gunshot
    Rating: T
    Genre: Hurt/Comfort
    Pairing: Lois and Chloe
    Summary: Ill-considered actions can have disastrous consequences. Lois struggles with her thoughts and emotions, running through her mind about how her desperation for a huge scoop had put those she cared about in grave danger. Set before the last DP scene and the iconic phone booth scene in 8x19 (Stiletto).
    Author’s Note: I do not own the characters.

---

---

As ever, thanks for reading and please review and comment. Thanks.

Ahhh yes, Lois needs to learn some control over her impulsive nature. You know I always wondered how Clark covered up the fact the he'd have healed as soon as they were away from the kryptonite, and did an ambulance take him to hospital or did he convince Lois to take him? I mean Emil could cover for him once he was there but the paramedics would be onto him right away......

Comment

Thanks Wendy.

The main reason it took a while to complete this one wasn't because I wasn't sure how to write the scenarios, but because I couldn't quite get Chloe's involvement right. She wants to be supportive of her cousin and acknowledge the recklessness of her actions yet at this point in the series, Chloe was very lonely while having to hide Davis. She couldn't talk to anyone about it. In the show, you saw Clark ask her a few times if everything was OK. She looked so pained and yet had to brush it off as nothing. Eventually the truth came out and it's fair to say the relationship between them wasn't quite the same until some way into season 9.

Lois' side was easier because in 'Stiletto', you see how distraught she is when Clark gets shot, and you see how nervous and apologetic she is when he returns to work. It's not a stretch to assume she'd had trouble sleeping after that eventful night because it's clear that she'd been shaken by it. That DP scene is fantastic by the way, with Clark revealing his playful side. He pretends to still be injured, and he gives Lois a not-so-subtle hint that he'd totally checked her out in her Stiletto outfit. He realises that he can be a little manipulative and get her to reveal her softer, more tender side. That side of her has him smitten, no question.

Comment

Oh yeah I totally loved the DP scene afterwards. Clark's fake pain was most humorous! It was always nice to see a more at ease Clark in those moments, just being a guy. And yeah he was SO smitten by then!

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎