0 0%

0 0%

1 7.69%

1 7.69%

0 0%
  • 1 - Prometheus needs to kill this show

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    President Luthor > Poor Billy. :'( At least he's got the funeral in OffscreenVille thanks to you. I can't remember myself Quentin or anyone else making any mention. Overall Billy Malone will be put next to Laurel on the list of the characters that didn't get good treatment from the writers. At least they speak nicely about Laurel in season 5. With Billy - I've got impression that everyone treat his death as a problem, because GA is screwed up and no one feels grief or guilt. 5x09 and 5x14 touched the aftermatch slightly, 5x15 showed the consequences, but still it was not enough.

Hopefully the subplot with outlaw GA won't be neglected. Who know, maybe it will end with Ollie being driven out of the city and building himself tree house in the nearby forest.

Frank Pike is one of those minor recurring characters that I wouldn't want to see destroyed by organic writing [TM]. Can't some of them be just normal guys, doing their job?

Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    To be fair, usually Flash rips off Arrow seasons, since Arrow was first. But I guess this would be turnabout.
    True enough. It already looks quite similar to the Zoom storyline, I have to say. Maybe these shows ought to stray from the Big Bad formula for a while, seeing as they are running out of ideas for it.

Pretty good reveal. I had considered the possibility that Adrian was Prometheus and not Vigilante, but I wouldn't say I predicted it. They handled it well. I just hope they stick the landing with his motivation, unlike with Slade.

One thing bothers me. There's a scandal surrounding Oliver and the Green Arrow, yet no one seems to recall him being suspected of actually being the Arrow twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    To be fair, usually Flash rips off Arrow seasons, since Arrow was first. But I guess this would be turnabout.
    Prediction: Next season, a friend of the Flash team turns out to be an enemy in their midst. You heard it here first.

We may know that Oliver and GA are the same guy, but in the Arrowverse the public saw Roy Harper as the Hood and the Arrow. Roy essentially took the fall for the Hood/the Arrow's murky rep. And Roy getting fake shivved in prison means the city believes the guy who was the Hood/the Arrow is now dead. All this was done to give Oliver and his new GA persona a clean slate ... and give Roy a meaningful exit. This is a universe where a pair of glasses conceals Clark and Kara's identities, so people not associating Oliver with GA is not far off from this.

While I get why fans would like to see Colton back ... I don't think he could ever come back as Roy, or the whole ruse would be exposed and the cops could hunt Oliver again for the Hood's crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    We may know that Oliver and GA are the same guy, but in the Arrowverse the public saw Roy Harper as the Hood and the Arrow. Roy essentially took the fall for the Hood/the Arrow's murky rep. And Roy getting fake shivved in prison means the city believes the guy who was the Hood/the Arrow is now dead. All this was done to give Oliver and his new GA persona a clean slate ... and give Roy a meaningful exit. This is a universe where a pair of glasses conceals Clark and Kara's identities, so people not associating Oliver with GA is not far off from this.

While I get why fans would like to see Colton back ... I don't think he could ever come back as Roy, or the whole ruse would be exposed and the cops could hunt Oliver again for the Hood's crimes.
    Which IMO would be a fair concern if the GA hadn't started killing again. He might have gotten a pass on DD since you know, trying to destroy the world and had mystical killing powers, but the show I think took a misstep with how casual Oliver has been about killing this year. Putting it back on the table as a last resort made sense, but the start of the season at least had him practically reverting back to his kill first and ask questions later.

Basically the clean slate that Roy gave him has been rendered pointless. If I was Roy, I'd be a more than a bit pissed about that.

But even if the population of Star City thinks it was proven that Roy was the Arrow, the repeated number of accusations that Oliver Queen keeps getting about being first the Hood, then the Arrow and now the Green Arrow has to make at least some of the population and most of the officials suspicious. I mean, his ex girlfriend and his sister's roommate, Laurel Lance, was outed as the BC. He hires her father as his deputy Mayor. His former fiance was once formally questioned about her involvement with the Hood guy and he hangs out with a number of individuals that just happened to match the description of the members of Team Arrow. Oh and he says the same lines about Billy's death to Pike directly to his face as both Oliver and the GA. At this point most of the city has to know and just not care.

Susan had no problem believing Arrow and Green Arrow were the same, meaning she was able to look past the Roy incident. Surely there are at least other journalists like her that would cast a suspicious eye toward this scandal.

I don't think the glasses thing is a fair comparison. Not everyone interacts with both Clark/Kara and Superman/Supergirl, and people aren't looking for them in the streets. This is a political scandal involving Oliver's administration covering up a crime committed by a vigilante, so people would be looking hard at the situation. Anyone doing a bit of digging ought to come across past scandals involving Oliver and a vigilante. Heck, someone also ought to question his connection to Laurel.

Quote Originally Posted by BkWurm1 View Post
    But even if the population of Star City thinks it was proven that Roy was the Arrow, the repeated number of accusations that Oliver Queen keeps getting about being first the Hood, then the Arrow and now the Green Arrow has to make at least some of the population and most of the officials suspicious. I mean, his ex girlfriend and his sister's roommate, Laurel Lance, was outed as the BC. He hires her father as his deputy Mayor. His former fiance was once formally questioned about her involvement with the Hood guy and he hangs out with a number of individuals that just happened to match the description of the members of Team Arrow. Oh and he says the same lines about Billy's death to Pike directly to his face as both Oliver and the GA. At this point most of the city has to know and just not care.

I agree.
    Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 03-05-2017 at 02:25 PM.

New In Town
    We shouldn't be surprised that no one in Star City has connected the Hood, the Arrow, and Green Arrow. It was canonically established that the city is full of idiots when the writers told us that the residents of the city all believe that someone they saw rescued by the hood on live TV was the Hood.

By 'real world' standards, everyone and their pet dog should be able to figure out that the guy in GA mask looks strikingly similar to Oliver Queen, who we can assume everyone has seen at least a few photos of him or on TV. As mayor, I would think this increased exposure raises the odds someone other than Susan could make the connection.

But we are probably giving the Arrowverse and the people of SC far too much credit in the common sense department. They choose to remain in a city that has been the target of an apocalyptic attack on an annual basis, not to mention being apparently the only city in the world where the LoA civil war could ever break out (What I would give to see a bunch of LoA pajama ninjas raising all hell in CC, for example), barely escaped a nuclear attack, and the multiple times one gangster or other has terrorized their city. And they still choose to live there.

By this Arrowverse standard, I'm not really bothered that they haven't put 2 and 2 together. The citizens of SC are either incredibly resilient in living there or dangerously stubborn. Figuring out GA's secret identity likely ranks low on their priority list, below trying to make sure they survive the next SC apocalypse or at minimum not get shot when they run out to the convenience store for a carton of milk at night.

Again, this is a universe where Kara and Clark put on glasses and no one has any inkling that they are Supergirl and Superman ... and they don't even have masks. Oliver in a hood and mask must make him look invisible in comparison.

If Arrow had remained completely grounded in the real world, I would have expected a Susan-like situation much, much earlier on Arrow. Now the door has been kicked open to accept the fantastical -- glasses hide one's identity beyond reasonable doubt for Flarrowverse citizens ... and so do masks and hoods.
    Last edited by President_Luthor; 03-05-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    But we are probably giving the Arrowverse and the people of SC far too much credit in the common sense department. They choose to remain in a city that has been the target of an apocalyptic attack on an annual basis, not to mention being apparently the only city in the world where the LoA civil war could ever break out (What I would give to see a bunch of LoA pajama ninjas raising all hell in CC, for example), barely escaped a nuclear attack, and the multiple times one gangster or other has terrorized their city. And they still choose to live there.
    Maybe all normal citizens moved out and only cops, thugs, vigilantes and a couple of politicians are left? The people we saw in few scenes where there were any civilians present might be families of said cops, thugs, vigilantes and politicians. And remember that empty train (was it 5x06?)? No one is commuting in this city.
    Last edited by Amarice; 03-05-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus1994 View Post
    We shouldn't be surprised that no one in Star City has connected the Hood, the Arrow, and Green Arrow. It was canonically established that the city is full of idiots when the writers told us that the residents of the city all believe that someone they saw rescued by the hood on live TV was the Hood.
    That was quite stupid. I've seen a theory though that people might think that the Hood was one guy and the Arrow (Roy) another. The Hood perished in the earth quake and Roy picked up where he left as the Arrow. It still doesn't make much sense but at least offers some explanation.

Anyway I didn't like the trick they pulled in Public Enemy. And BkWurm1 is right that Roy's sacrifice to give GA's "frest start" is in fact for nothing as in season 5 Oliver is killing not only as the last resort, but got rid prenamentely of quite a number of random thugs. Even if all arrows fired by him weren't instant kills, for sure some of those guys ended up in ice. In fact most wound's left by arrows aren't kill shots - the most probable scenario is that the victim will bleed to death if doesn't get medical attention fast - the more broad arrowhead is, the worse for the "target". So, if anyone was making fun of Cupid's arrows' arrowheads shouldn't do that, because they would be probably more deadly than Ollie's arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarice View Post
    Maybe all normal citizens moved out and only cops, thugs, vigilantes and a couple of politicians left? The people we saw in few scenes where there were any civilians present might be families of said cops, thugs, vigilantes and politicians. And remember that empty train (was it 5x06?)? No one is commuting in this city.
    Lol, good point. Yeah the train from nowhere to nowhere. I guess they all moved to Ivy Town with their huge SUVs and Pilates memberships. The only people left it seems are the poor and those who prey upon the poor. There is no one left to even suspect that Oliver is GA. The suburban people are saying: "What do I care, I don't live in Star City any more. Not my problem." It's a toxic blend of cluelessness and indifference, all adding up to nobody ever linking Oliver to GA. Incredible for us to believe, but totally expected from Average Joe or Jane in SC.

Flarrowverse people aren't the sharpest pencils in the drawer. To expect them to have the common sense to say 'Hey, that GA has exact same jaw line as Mayor Queen. And stubble.' is giving them way to much credit.

Posting Pro
    Flarrowverse people aren't the sharpest pencils in the drawer. To expect them to have the common sense to say 'Hey, that GA has exact same jaw line as Mayor Queen. And stubble.' is giving them way to much credit.
    I watched so many eps in a row that everything is a bit of a blur, but didn't Pike meet Oliver in his GA costume in a recent episode? They seemed to be at such a close range that I'm baffled that Pike didn't recognize Mayor Queen beneath the hood, especially since said Mayor had talked to him about Green Arrow just a little while earlier. It just seems unbelievable that someone who whose job is to investigate can't connect the dots! But maybe Pike "knows", just like Quentin "knew"??? Or maybe we only see what we want to see?

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by nate-dog1701d View Post
    Prediction: Next season, a friend of the Flash team turns out to be an enemy in their midst. You heard it here first.
    That's not much of a prediction when that's what they do EVERY season :P

Quote Originally Posted by evaba View Post
    I watched so many eps in a row that everything is a bit of a blur, but didn't Pike meet Oliver in his GA costume in a recent episode? They seemed to be at such a close range that I'm baffled that Pike didn't recognize Mayor Queen beneath the hood, especially since said Mayor had talked to him about Green Arrow just a little while earlier. It just seems unbelievable that someone who whose job is to investigate can't connect the dots! But maybe Pike "knows", just like Quentin "knew"??? Or maybe we only see what we want to see?
    Pike did meet GA face to face, I think it was in the ep with China White, Cupid and that rogue cop. Actually most of this whole season, GA has been pretty chummy with the cops, even without Quentin as an inside guy. In another ep. I think they even cleared the room after a crime scene so that GA could check it out. They borrow a lot from Batman and his being cool or at least on cordial terms with the police would be yet another thing. Oliver letting GA take the fall and be an outlaw is the clumsier CW way of doing what TDK movie did: to let Batman take the fall for Harvey Dent.

I just saw this week's SG ep where the CatCo editor talked to Kara, and not even two minutes later talked to SG, then talked to Kara again after SG "left" -- and no one in the office was the wiser about Kara and SG being the exact same person. Makes no sense to us in the real world ... but it's basically a comic book Secret Identity trope, we've gotta accept that glasses are masks, hoods make one look invisible and the people who see both the superhero and the secret identity are clueless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast