Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Fighting Fire With Fire?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was a great episode,

Comment

I am a HUGE Arrow fan and hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I wasn't thrilled with the episode at all. AC as Prometheus doesn't make sense. His vendetta against GA would have occurred in S1, or 5 years ago. To go from prosecutor to DA would take a whole lot of time and effort. Not sure how he could be so focused on plotting his revenge against GA, including all the training he would need, and still become a DA (or maintain his job as DA) during that time frame. For me, just another case of bad story telling. All the subplots surrounding the reveal were fairly underwhelming. I do like the direction of returning Felicity to her darker (college days) side, though I doubt they will follow through with it.

Comment

In a world where Thea goes from spoiled socialite to badass fighter in six months, with the ability to school Slade Wilson himself during that time, Chase doing the DA gig and scheming in five years is more than acceptable to me. My concern is not the Chase reveal, which I felt was mostly handled well. It wasn't a total surprise, but it was unexpected as we were led to believe Adrian was an ally and friend of Oliver. My concern is more about what his motive is, if it is rooted in some past Oliver or Queen family betrayal or some crappy angst-driven 'you stole my girl/got my girl killed' reason.

The success of the Prometheus arc depends in whether he had a compelling motive to destroy Oliver's life or a lame/cheesy one. They undercut Slade by making a poor call on this aka making Shado angst a major factor; I don't want Prometheus to repeat it.

Agreed that Felicity's dark turn will be more Decaf Dark than anything remotely resembling what Oliver, Diggle or Thea have gone through. I want her to go truly dark but I think they'll play it safe and just let her wet her feet in the deep end and not let her dive in.

Comment

Agree with your post, and Laurel's transition to BC was just as sloppy. There are plenty of storylines to slap the "bad story telling" tag on, and that's what is so frustrating with this show. It came out of the gate running with an incredible season one, and had so much potential to get even better. I will still be a faithful watcher to the end, but sometimes it brings me down when I see so many blown opportunities to make it great again. In fact, we need to start a campaign...MAGA...Make Arrow Great Again! (Sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow_47
            Agree with your post, and Laurel's transition to BC was just as sloppy. There are plenty of storylines to slap the "bad story telling" tag on, and that's what is so frustrating with this show. It came out of the gate running with an incredible season one, and had so much potential to get even better. I will still be a faithful watcher to the end, but sometimes it brings me down when I see so many blown opportunities to make it great again. In fact, we need to start a campaign...MAGA...Make Arrow Great Again! (Sorry)
            [emoji2] I'll support MAGA (Make Arrow Great Again)! [emoji12]

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎