1 7.69%

0 0%
  • 1 - Prometheus needs to kill this show

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Fighting Fire With Fire?"

What did you think?

I'm glad Adrian Chase is Prometheus, not Vigilante. I'm glad, because if they had stuck with canon, Arrow Adrian, like comic Adrian, would likely have ended in suicide. The CW caters to teens, and they don't have the finesse over there to handle the topic of suicide sensitively enough for their teen demo. Slathering a well-intentioned Very Special Episode with Suicide Prevention Hotline numbers wasn't going to cut it. This way, the Big Bad ending his life won't be the same sort of existential shock, and the show's writers can continue to operate in their comfort zones.

So who is Vigilante? Surprised Chase was Prometheus

Forum Regular
    Next week they will somehow pin everything on Prometheus.

So the cliff hanger is Susan being kidnapped. I am asking in all sincerity, does anyone care about Susan? I mean from a fan perspective since while Oliver does, he currently has a head injury and for some reason she's part of his Doctor's prescription, lol.

Damn, 2 very good Arrow episodes in a row. Can't even remember the last time that happened! I have to give Arrow credit about one thing, especially in relation to the Flash. It hasn't neglected its big bad this season the way the Flash has. While Savitar has gone completely missing for 5 episodes, Arrow has found a way to focus on other storylines, but also keep the Prometheus storyline relevant. And of course, in this episode we come to find out that Prometheus has appeared on our screens more often than we thought!

Obviously the main talking point of this episode is the fact that Adrian is Prometheus after all. I found it a very good twist in the sense that Adrian Chase is indeed Vigilante in the comics (yes, changes to the comics' canon are welcome, as long as they don't hurt the show). It was also unexpected because few thought that Prometheus would be revealed in an episode that is about Vigilante. Mind you, a number of fans did predict that Adrian might be Prometheus, but I think that's more a credit to them for guessing right than Arrow for being predictable. Prometheus' identity was anything but. In hindsight, this also explains why they introduced Vigilante in a season where they already had a big bad. So that no one would suspect Adrian of being Prometheus. On a side note, a lot of credit has to go to Josh Segarra for playing Adrian in a way that made him likeable and someone who was truly Oliver's friend. It will be interesting to see what Adrian's motives were and what Oliver did to "create" him in season 1. Is he truly Justin Clayborne's son or someone else with a different agenda? I hope his issues with Oliver have nothing to do with him stealing his girlfriend years ago. Arrow pulled a similar card with Slade's dark turn in season 2 and it was underwhelming, if I am being generous.

I guess this now begs the question as to who Vigilante is. Wouldn't surprise me if they took their time with this and didn't reveal him this season. Or if it's simply a character we are not familar with.

Oliver throwing the Green Arrow under the bus feels a bit repetitive. We dealt with a similar sort of storyline in season 3. It also feels a bit weird that Oliver would sacrifice the integrity of his masked persona in favor of staying the Mayor. Maybe it will lead to a "how can I do the most good" conundrum in future episodes.

They did a good job of addressing the Thea/Susan situation this week. Thea's actions were put in the proper perspective, she finally realized the magnitude of her actions and thankfully the show didn't go down the predictable road of having Susan turn evil as a result. Although, it's quite clear that she's close to biting the bullet now. You could sense it the minute she said she would protect Oliver's secret.

By my count, Willa Holland has 2 appearances left this season. Sadly, we probably won't be seeing Thea again until May. All in all, IMO they've made a very poor use of Speedy this season.

The Felicity stuff bored me most of the time. The problem with her dark turn is that it's not easily believable. Her relationship with Billy was so underdeveloped on screen that it's hard for people to believe that his death would have such an effect on her. The other problem is how the other characters will react to it. Will they truly call her out on where she's headed? Oliver seems indifferent and passive about the whole matter, while Diggle was clearly walking around eggshells when confronting her about it.

Curtis probably had one of his best episodes. It was long overdue that we got to see the T-spheres in action. Unfortunately, with this being a Berlanti show, they couldn't help but veer towards the melodrama territory as the episode closed. Arrow could do without focusing on Curtis' love life, imo. Not because he's gay, but because he's simply not that important of a character in this show's canon.

Again, Tina was just there. How does someone who just joined the police force immediately get promoted to the Mayor's guard, anyway? She truly is a woman of magic.

The flashbacks were ok, but I'm starting to miss Kovar. Was hoping Lundgren would appear more regularly.

8/10.
    Last edited by costas22; 03-02-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BkWurm1 View Post
    So the cliff hanger is Susan being kidnapped. I am asking in all sincerity, does anyone care about Susan? I mean from a fan perspective since while Oliver does, he currently has a head injury and for some reason she's part of his Doctor's prescription, lol.
    Susan...Meh. idc that much except for Oliver caring. Also too much focus on Mr perfect...His character isnt that interesting or useful except this episode pretty much. Him and Felicity pretty much are he same. Now with Felicity turning 'dark' oh my...Maybe Curtis does more.

Show still hasn't been the same since s4 but liking this season mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by BkWurm1 View Post
    So the cliff hanger is Susan being kidnapped. I am asking in all sincerity, does anyone care about Susan?
    No. I did sympathize with her over Thea's subterfuge, but I haven't seen enough of the character to care. There also seems to be a contradiction about why she looked into Oliver's past and what her plans were.

Forum Whiz
    That was a pretty good episode.

I quite like Adrian so I'm curious as to why he didn't want Oliver impeached, when you would think that Prometheus would love to get him impeached. He wants Oliver to lose everything, yet didn't want him to lose his position as mayor. At least, not yet.

So what is Thea going to do now? Can't see what they are going to do with her now. She doesn't seem to want to go back to Team Arrow, yet now has no job. I imagine Prometheus will do something to her now. Also, surely it would seem very suspicious that Thea, the chief of staff, has resigned amidst all this scandal?

If Vigilante turns out to be Pike it would be highly amusing. The mayor, the District Attorney and Lieutenant of the SCPD all being vigilantes. Would also mean that Dinah attacked her boss without realising .

I like Dinah and the actress seems decent. She should have been someone different though and not Black Canary.

I missed Talia .

A strong episode. Didn't think Chase was going to be Prometheus, though he was a dark horse candidate early on. It would explain why he had an inside track on Oliver. Good thing that doc was around, or Oliver would have a killer headache. "Concussion protocols" Thea gets barely a scratch and is already doing damage control on scene with Quentin. I guess they went to the emergency wing later in OffscreenVille General.

Curtis got some attention with his superhero side, though they circled back to his marital problems again. I don't know Paul so I had no reaction to the divorce. Poor Curtis got the S5 melodrama duties. Let's hope the focus remains on his team duties til end of season.

Felicity's dark arc may try to be the Smoak version of Oliver's island journey, in theory. If Ollie's exile could be considered dark roast coffee, Felicity's hacktivism is only going to be decaf mild roast - with a lot of sugar. Interesting that Thea had the sense to pull back from the darkness, while Felicity chose to dive in. They could have sold it better had we felt more invested in Billy and his loss. Like Paul, we had no reason to care about him. Still, I think they needed to do something like this for Felicity's non-romantic development.

Very solid episode. It's interesting that they've managed to built quite intense episode without any arrows flying in the air (also green hood spotted only in the flashbacks). That's actually a sign of writing being pretty good for a change. This episode had good flow, and all pieces seemed to be put on right places. I've unfortunately was accidentally spoiled by YT about Prometheus's identity, but nevertheless the episode was interesting to watch. Really liked the twist with Ollie throwing GA under the bus and in the result putting his vigilante self in a very difficult position. Making GA public enemy number one might give the show more edge. Glad they hadn't decided to pin everything on Malone. Similarly as Susan he hardly got any development and generally from the viewer's point of view there was not too much reason to care about him - but I still feel sorry for him.

Btw. did they buried him or not? It's still unsolved mystery.

Curtis got his superhero moment, Rene was shot in right leg (and a week ago he was shot in left by Cupid - he has a hard time lately). As for Dinah - I also like her, but I think it would make more sense if she was just the team's police contact, not The Brand New BC. Liked also the sign of Good Ol' Dig returning. His Voice of Wisdom was back and heart-to-heart talk with Felicity reminded me of their pre-shipping dynamics. Was sad to see Thea go - I'm afraid that she is going to disappear now and perhaps return for the finale. Willa's reduced contract is almost covered at this point (1-2 episodes left, right?). Not to much Quentin scenes this time, but Quentin is cool even if he only sits in limo and takes part in a rollover of said limo.

Surprised that the doctor knew about Ollie being GA. But I think it was suggested in 4x19 that she had made a connection? Well, she is in my trio of favorite doctors of the universe (guess the other two ).

Flashbacks were also okay. It seems that Ollie will be made captain as some of the spots will free up pretty soon.

Lol, now I'm really afraid that Pike is indeed The Vigilante. There must by a reason why they've brought him back. It wouldn't make a lick of sense for him being The Vigilante IMO. And I hope that Adrian's/Prometheus's motivation is not some fixation over a woman...

Just a thought here.....The real Adrian Chase could be Vigilante and Prometheus is using the Adrian Chase as a alias.

Yeah, maybe there is something in the works in bringing Pike back now. But maybe they just needed someone to step in Quentin's shoes after he was drummed out of the police force.

Making GA a real outlaw, on every cop's most wanted list, might be a way to retain some of that urban crime drama grittiness they've been trying to recapture this season.

After five years, it makes sense that GA would have civilian sympathizers/supporters as well as the usual critics. The team should have a vigilante doctor on-call. Otherwise, I'd think half of them would die of blood infections, let alone more serious injuries ... with probably only Diggle, Lyla and Quentin having any professional first aid training and Oliver picking up stuff during his exile years. I'm thinking a box of Band-Aids and a tube of Polysporin ain't gonna cut if for shrapnel wounds and concussions.

Amarice: I could be mistaken, or even confusing a scene from Law and Order SVU, but I think something about Billy's police funeral was mentioned -- like a throwaway line, from Quentin I think. It's a bit hazy. Anyone else recall if/how they brought up Billy's funeral? If not, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened in OffscreenVille.

Don't worry, in OffScreenVille, Billy got a full police funeral: hundreds of officers from across the U.S. marching in solemn procession, alongside his flag draped coffin on a gun carriage pulled by horses, led by a lone SCPD bag piper. The CCPD was there too to pay their respects -- Joe, Barry, Julian, Captain Singh in full police uniforms. Oliver made a moving speech at Billy's cathedral funeral, presided by the Archbishop of Star City, about the sacrifice William Malone made for his fellow citizens -- a public servant in life, a symbol in death, a speech that even brought tears to cynical Julian. (Meanwhile the guilt was eating Oliver up inside and he spent the evening drowning it with vodka shots while Diggle tried to keep his spirits up.). Felicity had a stiff upper lip the entire day until she reached the last flight of stairs to the foyer of her loft -- then BOOM! the sight of the empty loft and the lingering scent of Billy's aftershave tore at her conscience like a sharpened rake, and she let loose a torrent of tears.

Billy mattered -- to the city, and to Felicity. In OffscreenVille anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSecretVampire View Post
    Just a thought here.....The real Adrian Chase could be Vigilante and Prometheus is using the Adrian Chase as a alias.
    Funnily enough that would be almost a complete ripoff of the Zoom storyline from last season. Which means it's very likely to be the case, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Funnily enough that would be almost a complete ripoff of the Zoom storyline from last season. Which means it's very likely to be the case, lol.
    To be fair, usually Flash rips off Arrow seasons, since Arrow was first. But I guess this would be turnabout.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast