0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

It was a fairly average ep for me. The story-lines were kind of predictable where you saw things coming from a mile away, but at least it set up things for some really good character development down the road. 8/10 rating from me.

Edit: By the way I really liked the train scene. it was a nice tribute to christopher reeves's Superman. As I recall he saved a train in an similar fashion before too.
    Last edited by Aurora Moon; 02-27-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

The episode was too predictable and telegraphed that you can see things a mile away.

I have no sympathy for Alex after that drama between her and Kara. Everyone can see what Jeremiah has become and even Eliza can see it too. Alex was the only one who didn't until the climax.

I hate that they prop up Mon-El at the expense of everyone else.

Comment

I have to agree. I mean... this is Cadmus we're talking about here. Their father was missing for 15 years... so it's not too unreasonable to wonder if they might have brainwashed him or did something else to him. It wouldn't have been their father's fault if this was the case. He wouldn't had been able to help himself at all if that was the case. The real enemy would still be Cadmus for pulling this ****...

So I didn't understand Alex's logic. Supergirl/Kara was not treating their father as if he was the enemy like she claimed. Kara was just worried that Cadmus did something to him.
        It's just a shame how Alex went from being the badass normal chick to being the overly emotional dramatic chick.
        Last edited by Aurora Moon; 02-27-2017, 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar.

Comment

Forced drama. Characters being stupid for no discernible reason. Characters acting irrational. Predictability.

This episode was painful to watch. I felt bad for the actors.

Comment

This was actually pretty decent (compared to last week anyway!). And it's one of those rare situations where the show actually delivers drama that makes sense. You could see both sides of the arguement: Why Mon-El was suspicious, why Kara and Alex weren't and why Kara started becoming sceptical of Jeremiah before Alex did. It makes a whole lot of sense if you carefully study what connection each character has with Jeremiah. Was it predictable to the neural eye? Yes, but sometimes as a viewer you have to look at the story through the eyes of each character. I give the show hell for relying on forced romantic drama that ruins an episode, so I have to give them props when they come up with something smarter written.

Everything Dean Cain related was pretty good (can we have him on the show more regularly?). On the other hand, the romances of the show (all 3 of them) continue to disinterest me heavily. Mon-El, is a hard character to warm up to. Last week was pretty bad, with him wanting to kill someone for Kara's honor and all, but he was also a frustrating figure in this episode. On one hand you want to like him for the growth he showed in the way he handled the Jeremiah crisis and on the other you want to slap him for keeping a secret from Kara. Which of course will lead to the kind of manufactured romantic melodrama the Berlanti shows leep going back to.

P.S. The train save was indeed a very nice Superman touch.

7/10

Comment

My favorite part of the episode was the fight between Jeremiah and MM. in fact I think j'onn has been my favorite character this whole season. The Cadmus plot line is getting a bit more interesting.

Comment

Yes, pretty much predictable, though we have yet to get the full truth about Mon-El as Jeremiah threatened. I'm less into the slow, emotional scenes than the raw action, and just go so-so for the ep in general.

Comment

Disregarding the fact that everyone was stupid in this episode, does anyone think the skeptic role should have gone to Jimmy instead of Mon-El? Jimmy is supposed to be the street-level vigilante (for better or worse), so you'd think he might be the one with a more cynical view of the situation. Of course, we'd just end up with Kara getting mad at him and probably throwing the Guardian thing in his face, so we wouldn't necessarily be better off. I'm just thinking of ways to use Jimmy. It's strange that they can just leave him out of episodes and not have it feel like anything is missing.

Alex needs to join Jax in a class on shooting unarmed bad guys in the leg so they can't get away.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎