Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrT
    Whats Gypsy doing on E2?
    Isn't she from E19?
    As stated above, why doesn't Wally just go to E2 to be with Jessie ?
    It be a good way to get rid of him.

It was an OK ep. Too much stuff being forced.
    They could have had a version of Gypsy from Earth 2 or she could be hunting down another person that left Earth 19.
    Last edited by Halberdier17; 02-22-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

'Attack On Gorilla City' is a good episode. Barry and company come to Earth-2 to save a friend, but has to battle the boss of Gorilla city to save his friends. They escaped, but Grodd is still planning to invade Earth-1 and Central City.

Comment

Hands down, the best episode of the flash i've seen this season. Some comments;
        1) i think the flash was being psychically supressed by solovar, or grodd, so he was a bit slow.
        2) i'm sure grodd killed solivar, so he could take over gorilla city. I'm just finding it harder to sympathize with grodd, because he was in gorilla heaven, and it wasn't enough for him. I think nature vs nurture is in play here; grodd was mistreated on earth one; why would he want to go back there? To make his own planet of the apes?
        Last edited by protege; 02-22-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
          @ YutG

Yeah, I feel that the respective actors/actresses on Flash have very little romantic chemistry between them. I just don't see any of them thinking or feeling "WOW !! I'm enjoying this" during any of the 'love' scenes. As a result, it kinda makes me cringe when they are shown as it seems so false and forced.
          It is a downer when the actors don't have natural chemistry. my best example is Teen Wolf Scott Allison was great and it was one of the reason that hooked me to the show After they broke up and Kira took the role I couldn't take it anymore.

Here Barry-Iris is not just being forced its like they are shoving it down our throats.

Caitlin Snow and Cisco Ramon are my reasons to watch that and I am continually impressed with Tom Cavanagh's performances though I am not a fan of HR.

Comment

Agree with most of what people are saying about this episode. Am I remembering the last earth 2 arch incorrectly? I didn't think Caitlin ever went with them. I thought that her doppelganger was dead some episodes before she even learned of her existence yet in this episode she says that she met her on earth 2. Am I remembering this wrong or do we have to chock this up to previously undisclosed changes from Barry's meddling with the timeline? If I'm remembering correctly the writers are lucky they have timeline disparity to cover over their plot hole sins :P

Comment

Originally posted by YutG
              I've already said it Barry had more chemistry with every girl other than Iris.
              Agreed. He had far more chemistry with Emily Bett-Rickards in one of the earliest episodes (iirc her first Flash appearance) than he's ever shown with Candice. Maybe it's just acting, irl personality, or both, but at least to me, Emily (and certainly Melissa Benoist over in SG) come across as playful and 'fluffy' whereas Candice comes across as someone who just wants to hide behind a coffee shop counter.

Since THE arc of The Flash, is the story of Barry and Iris, just as any Supes tv show is the story of Lois and Clark, their chemistry has got to be believable to viewers, because it's the factor that drives the show. Imo Grant/Candice just don't deliver that core element. They don't seem mutually attracted.

As an example, look at the chemistry between Tom Welling/Sarah Carter (who played Alicia Baker). It was SO good that the producers brought her back for another ep. Compare Grant/Candice to Tom/Sarah and the chemistry level immediately flatlines.
              Last edited by speople; 02-22-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
                Agreed. He had far more chemistry with Emily Bett-Rickards in one of the earliest episodes (iirc her first Flash appearance) than he's ever shown with Candice. Maybe it's just acting, irl personality, or both, but at least to me, Emily (and certainly Melissa Benoist over in SG) come across as playful and 'fluffy' whereas Candice comes across as someone who just wants to hide behind a coffee shop counter.

Since THE arc of The Flash, is the story of Barry and Iris, just as any Supes tv show is the story of Lois and Clark, their chemistry has got to be believable to viewers, because it's the factor that drives the show. Imo Grant/Candice just don't deliver that core element. They don't seem mutually attracted.
                Probably because she's kinda bangin and he looks like a nerd. He didn't even really work with Patty for the same reason. There was a fluffiness for them and for Felicity and Kara and that was cute, but also kinda stupid, to the point where you don't believe anyone would ever act that way. Not that it matters. Kara and Barry aren't gonna happen anytime soon. And it's best to keep Barry grounded with someone who doesn't act like they have the people skills of a 10 year old. Though this chemistry thing mattering so much to some people is something I'll never really understand. Iris hasn't gotten onto Barry for not killing people and the relationship isn't sapping the time from all the other characters so it's cool for me. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!
                Last edited by Dagenspear; 02-22-2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

IMO romantic chemistry is (a) a matter of opinion and (b) kind of insignificant in shows like this (it should be, anyway). Pay too much attention to which actor works best with which actress and you end up with the mess Arrow was in during seasons 3 and 4. Not looking for Titanic type of romances in a superhero show.

Grant and Candice's on screen chemistry isn't exactly sparkling, but it works just fine for me. The way the characters have been written over the years, their affection for each other is believable and, like Dagenspear said, the WestAllen romance isn't dominating the show or bringing it down through forced melodrama. Right now, it's as good as it can be. The Flash's problem is that they are not content with WestAllen and they are giving romantic storylines to Caitlin, Wally, Joe and Cisco (whenever Gypsy is around) as well.
                  Last edited by costas22; 02-23-2017, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zibroweed
                    Agree with most of what people are saying about this episode. Am I remembering the last earth 2 arch incorrectly? I didn't think Caitlin ever went with them. I thought that her doppelganger was dead some episodes before she even learned of her existence yet in this episode she says that she met her on earth 2. Am I remembering this wrong or do we have to chock this up to previously undisclosed changes from Barry's meddling with the timeline? If I'm remembering correctly the writers are lucky they have timeline disparity to cover over their plot hole sins :P
                    Caitlin did in fact meet her doppleganger last season. After Zoom took Barry's speed, he took Caitlin with him and held her hostage on Earth 2. While she was there, Caitlin met Killer Frost who was also a prisoner of Zoom. They worked together a bit to escape, but Frost turned on Caitlin and was about to kill her until Zoom intervened and killed Frost. All this happened in episode 2.19 (Back to normal).

Comment

Terrible, terrible and full of plot holes. I don't get what the writers were trying to do with this boring episode. I can't even get into it because what even is the point. The main plot and the subplot would have been better told by someone who actually gives two *beeps* about the show.

At this point Barry should just consider moving out of CC with Iris where they can live their lives and enjoy time on their couch.
                      Last edited by lola dee; 02-26-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                        Whats Gypsy doing on E2?
                        Isn't she from E19?
                        Since I just watched the episode just now: That was actually adressed. She was hunting another jumper there.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                          and you end up with the mess Arrow was in during seasons 3 and 4. Not looking for Titanic type of romances in a superhero show.
                          ♫ And I will go down with this ship. ♫

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎