Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Camelot/3000" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Camelot/3000" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Count down to tonight's Legends of Tomorrow and talk about it LIVE while it airs!

Pics can be found here:

a great ep so far. I'm constantly amused by how much Ray is geeking out over everything in this Ep.

Comment

I think he's dead!

Comment

Oh a threesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
          a great ep so far. I'm constantly amused by how much Ray is geeking out over everything in this Ep.
          Really? I haven't seen the episode yet, but i'm getting tired of ray's uber nerdiness.

Comment

I try to enjoy the show, but their inconstincy when it comes to time travel matters is just too much. So Rip, while he was a time master charged with protecting history, dropped off various JSA members across time, thus creating aberrations. On top of that, in this episode the Legends travel to Camelot, wreak havoc on the timeline and not once do they care about fixing the damage done. If anything, at the end Nate is happy that his friend got added to a history book he shouldn't have been a part of.

I also wasn't a fan of the stuff involving Sara and the Queen. As romantic subplots go, this was as unnecessary and as forced as it gets. It's like they have to remind people every now and then that Sara is gay.

Once again, the best part about the show was Mick. Ray's nerdgasms were also fun (as was his lightsaber ). And Arthur Darvill continues to impress by playing an evil side of Rip.

P.S. By my count, they haven't shown Firestorm since the crossover 5 episodes ago. What the heck?

4/10
            Last edited by costas22; 02-22-2017, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              I try to enjoy the show, but their inconstincy when it comes to time travel matters is just too much. So Rip, while he was a time master charged with protecting history, dropped off various JSA members across time, thus creating aberrations. On top of that, in this episode the Legends travel to Camelot, wreak havoc on the timeline and not once do they care about fixing the damage done. If anything, at the end Nate is happy that his friend got added to a history book he shouldn't have been a part of.

I also wasn't a fan of the stuff involving Sara and the Queen. As romantic subplots go, this was as unnecessary and as forced as it gets. It's like they have to remind people every now and then that Sara is gay.

Once again, the best part about the show was Mick. Ray's nerdgasms were also fun (as was his lightsaber ). And Arthur Darvill continues to impress by playing an evil side of Rip.

P.S. By my count, they haven't shown Firestorm since the crossover 5 episodes ago. What the heck?

4/10
              I've said elsewhere, that it's becoming more noticeable how many different ways the writers have come up with to keep firestorm from merging; i've pretty much come to expect it. If it really is a drain on the budget, maybe they should cut their losses, and have stein go solo.
              Last edited by protege; 04-10-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by protege
                I've said elsewhere, that it's becoming more noticeable how many different ways the writershave come up with to keep firestorm from merging; i've pretty much come to expect it. If it really is a drain on the budget, maybe they should cut their losses, and have stein go soli.
                Yeah, conveniently one of them always has to stay behind and guard the Waverider. They are starting to give Jax a bit more prominence as of late, but imo both characters have grown stale this season. A bit like the Hawks did in season 1. If there really is a budget issue involved, then maybe it's a good opportunity to write them off at the end of the season and freshen up the team a bit. There are a few characters on Arrow and Flash who could replace Firestorm, without their original shows missing them (like Wally West, Wild Dog or Ragman).

Comment

Other thoughts; i was somewhat encouraged by courtneys speech to amaya about how the legends are her family now. I know she has a destiny to fufill, but i want her to stay on the waverider as long as possible. That being said, the scene where she channeled her animal energy to pull the sword from the stone was a bit- underwhelming.
                  At least we didn't ramp up the cheese factor and have ray do it, or nate. Courtney's reason for staying in camelot,so she could pine after a married guy,was also lame.
                  Last edited by protege; 02-24-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    Yeah, conveniently one of them always has to stay behind and guard the Waverider. They are starting to give Jax a bit more prominence as of late, but imo both characters have grown stale this season. A bit like the Hawks did in season 1. If there really is a budget issue involved, then maybe it's a good opportunity to write them off at the end of the season and freshen up the team a bit. There are a few characters on Arrow and Flash who could replace Firestorm, without their original shows missing them (like Wally West, Wild Dog or Ragman).
                    I think season 3 would be a good time to give Firestorm a bit of shore leave. Send Professor Stein home to his wife and daughter, Jax needs to spend sometime with his mother and the show budget could use a break too. Also, I don't think Jax would want to stick around with Rip back on the Waverider. Bringing in new blood and using Firestorm in a guest starring role might be the way to go, heck The Flash could trade Wally for Firestorm for a season .... that could work.

Comment

I think the flash is getting a bit overloaded with speedsters, ; i'd rather see jesse quick go rather than wally, but i don't really want her in legends.

Comment

Didn't care for Stargirl on Smallville, don't care for her here. She's sent to the 6th century to protect part of the spear.. And the first thing she does is create the legendary Camelot. Instead of trying to keep a low profile, she creates an aberration, that is bound to attract some attention from the Time Masters or other time travelers, if not have major impact on history. I suppose one could also read the whole thing as sexist, with her feeling a need to assemble a group of men, to help her protect the spear. Dr. Mid-Nite didn't feel such a need and, when we meet Commander Steel again, he's probably not assembled a group to help him. Granted, Mid-Nite ended up being killed. However, with her staff, Stargirl is considerably more powerful than him. And then she chooses to stay in 507, because she has the hots for Arthur (a married man).

I'm also bothered with the fact that the spear wasn't broken until 1956. Then there should still be a complete spear available between the years AD 33 and 1955. With this being a time travel show, both sides should be able to travel back prior to 1956 and pick up the complete spear.

Comment

A fun ep on the surface, but one not to be taken seriously either on the historical front or on time travel.

I liked Nate pointing out how their gear was more Medieval Times / Renaissance fare. At this point the team has caused more temporal anomalies than they've fixed -- but I've stopped expecting them to live up to typical sci-fi time travel codes. Time travel is little more than a dash of oregano or salt to their stories. And I agree they could just drop into 34 AD, pose as Romans and pretend to claim the spear for Caesar to take back to Rome etc. but then someone on the team will suddenly decide that it's wrong because they're meddling with history. Guys, you've been playing Rubik's Cube with history since day one.

While Sara's Lancelot shoutout was cute, it was as others have said, gratuitous. Yeah, she's gay, yeah it's hot to see her kiss Guinevere. If Maggie breaks Alex's heart, I'm all for Sara pulling the "I'm there for you card". #TeamSalex

Bad Rip is a delight. Love seeing him turn the tables on his comrades.

It was a fun romp as an adventure ... but historically and temporally it was a mess. At this point Barry and Team Sara are neck in neck for the Oscar for the Best Temporal Screw-up for Misguided Altruistic Reasons. Barry's thank you speech will be like: "I'm the fastest man alive so, yeah, Flashpoint rocks, yo! I love you, Belly Burger! And Iris!" Sara's will be: "Time is sacred, until time wants to happen. When it does -- family first. Oh and Nyssa you're my Bae in any timeline. Save the whales!" Too close to call.

Comment

The thing is, they didn't have to have the Spear broken up in 1956. Rip could have found it in the past, divided it into pieces and then scattered it across the timeline. The writers just wanted to be fancy and get the JSA involved, but it only made the storyline messier. Also, if Rip knew about the Spear, why didn't he use it to change the fates of his wife and son last year? Yes, it would have been a move against Time Master rules, but so was everything else he and the Legends did last season!

I've said it before, but this show shouldn't be getting "Get out of jail free" passes just because "it's fun". It feels more and more like a conveninent excuse for lazy and nonsensical writing.

Jon-el made a good point about Stargirl. It's the second time a DC show delivers a completely underwhelming version of the character.

Comment

Stargirl hasn't been given her proper due on either SV or LoT and she's had some amazing arcs in the comics that put whatever they've come up with on TV to shame. She just seemed to be thrown in there to put in a JSA easter egg.

I would say the fans themselves have been giving LoT get out of jail passes just because it's fun, and many somehow cling to the idea it's the "best" of the DCTV bunch. Huh? I've basically given up on holding LoT in particular to sci-fi standards on time travel etc. And that's old news to me. Maybe they enjoy the relationships and team-ups etc. but these are secondary elements to me.

The core of the show in my books, their "mission" as they try to pitch it -- to fix time anomalies and set the timeline right -- would get an F from me, if I hold them up to what sci-fi fans expect of time travel rules, consequences, the ethics around it, etc. By this standard, calling it a fun romp is more of a condemnation than a pass if I still took the show as being serious about dealing with time travel. It hasn't been for some time.

In other words, from my perspective -- not taking it seriously and seeing it as a goofy adventure is less giving it a pass and more of an acknowledgment that the series isn't ever going to take time travel as seriously as I'd want it to. Maybe some fans don't care about their adhering to even minimum time travel tropes, codes ... but I'd think more than a few fans still do. Someone remind me how LoT's crew in S2 is that much better than the Time Masters they've overthrown, it seems to me they need to hand out a few more black hats re: screwing up time itself.

Seeing the usual and repetitive relationship and melodrama tropes on this show is not enough to keep me invested. The show may already be on my radar for my personal viewing chopping block, if not this season then this fall, with SG not far behind for similar reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎