No announcement yet.

Mxyzptlk Throwback

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mxyzptlk Throwback

Remember when Mxyztplk was a foreign exchange student on Smallville? Haha.

The very first website devoted to the WB's TV series "Smallville!" Featuring up-to-date news, spoilers, pictures, an episode guide, and more!

I remember that episode.

I still prefer the version from Superman the Animated Series.

Comment

Ah, yes! In some ways I really hated the episode b/c the character (Smallville version) really annoyed me. Maybe it was that fake-sounding accent. On the other hand, the episode did have one of my favorite scenes where they slow time down for everyone except Clark. Loved how Clark managed to rush in, save Chloe, and then be back on football field all in a blink.

And as much I found the character irritating, I did feel kind of bad for him at the end when Lex hauled him off to Level 33.1. He had no idea what he was in for, poor guy

Comment

As much as I didn't like Smallville's version of the character, I have a funny feeling I'll like Supergirl's version even less.

What I loved about Jinx was that it was one of the best Clark episodes of Season 4. His scene with Jonathan right before the game and the way he saved Chloe stole that episode:

Comment

^Yay! Clark & Jonathan scene. That was one of my favorites.
          And bonus ------> Old Spice RED ZONE!! locker scene, lol

(One thing about S4 generally was that between being possessed by a witch and dating Jensen Ackles, Lana was kept out of Clark's orbit for much of the season so that was nice...)

Comment

And we met Shelby the Dog that season!

Comment

^The best thing!

Comment

that version never felt like he was truly Mxyztplk to me. To me, Mxyztplk was supposed to be like the Q from star trek, just with more limitations. But I guess it's hard to do something like that on Smallville's budget.

The only verison that got that right was the animated series version. But I got to say Supergirl's Mxyztplk came pretty close to that.

Comment

I like Jinx because it captures the whole esssence of Smallville in one episode.

You have Clark and his dad arguing about playing football which was an issue right from the pilot. But you also have them reconcile at the end.
                  You have Martha trying to play peacekeeper and encouraging her son to find a solution to the Mikhail problem.
                  You have Chloe still being miffed about the events of the previous episode (which weren't Clark's fault but Chloe doesn't know that) but still joining forces with Clark to bring Mikhail down.
                  You have an awesomely filmed Clark-save with added bonus (announcer: "Clark Kent makes another unbelievable play!")
                  You have Lex doing something underhanded (getting Jason fired).
                  You have Chlark being friends again.
                  You have Lana jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst of Clark without even asking him if he did what she's accusing him of*.
                  You have the earliest mention of "33.1" (besides the original "Level 3").

*This is especially egregious if you consider how Lionel!Clark found them: They were kissing in Jason's office with all the blinds open - anyone could have seen them just by walking by. And I doubt they were more careful at other times.
                  Last edited by DJ Doena; 02-21-2017, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎