No announcement yet.

Riverdale "Chapter Four: The Last Picture Show"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverdale "Chapter Four: The Last Picture Show"

Talk about tonight's Riverdale live, and if no one does that, just let this be the episode thread. Enjoy... pics can be found HERE: http://www.ksitetv.com/riverdale/riv...e-show/140456/
    10 - Fantastic
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - The Last Riverdale Show I'll ever watch
    0%

"This story is about a town..."

Comment

Boo, no live thread. Still leave your thoughts here!

Here's the podcast for this week: http://www.ksitetv.com/riverdale/arc...e-show/141512/

Comment

I gave it a 7. This was the best episode so far, at least for me.

It seemed like the adults/kids got equal screen time in this episode, which was nice. I hope they continue that going forward.

I was amused when Betty said it seemed like Archie was under a "sexual spell" and how Archie referred to their snooping as a "witch hunt." Even though Grundy didn't turn out to be Sabrina, those had to be references to magic, right?

Another line that got me was Veronica telling Jughead "You do you, girl." Was that supposed to be code for his sexuality or something? The only other person she's said that to (so far) is Kevin. I couldn't care less if he is or isn't, but I found that interesting.

I'm so glad the nonsense between Grundy/Archie is over, though. Her final scene was gross. Sucking on a slurpee, dressing provocatively, and then skulking around town for other teen-aged boys. It was enough to tell me she didn't give a rat's ass about Archie or his feelings. Good riddance!

I was so glad that Kevin's dad didn't have any hangups about his sexuality, too, and for the fact that he may have been given a love interest towards the end of the episode.

I thought the ending was rather sad, given that they basically established that Jughead was homeless? I'm sure that won't last long once Veronica finds out (since her father now owns it), but it was still sad. It was also nice to see Skeet Ulrich onscreen as Jughead's dad. I hope he has more screen time in upcoming episodes.

All in all, a really good episode. I hope next week is just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
          I'm so glad the nonsense between Grundy/Archie is over, though. Her final scene was gross. Sucking on a slurpee, dressing provocatively, and then skulking around town for other teen-aged boys. It was enough to tell me she didn't give a rat's ass about Archie or his feelings. Good riddance!

I was so glad that Kevin's dad didn't have any hangups about his sexuality, too, and for the fact that he may have been given a love interest towards the end of the episode.

I thought the ending was rather sad, given that they basically established that Jughead was homeless? I'm sure that won't last long once Veronica finds out (since her father now owns it), but it was still sad. It was also nice to see Skeet Ulrich onscreen as Jughead's dad. I hope he has more screen time in upcoming episodes
          Ok Jughead became even more interesting.

I am glad Archie/Grundy is over. - the added innuendo with Archie's dad just made me want to puke. I hope Grundy is done but I have this feeling she's gonna be back.

I don't know what to feel about Betty I mean She was willing to be the town crazy to save Archie?
          Last edited by YutG; 02-17-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by YutG
            the added innuendo with Archie's dad just made me want to puke.
            I agree 100%. All of her scenes with Fred were cringe-worthy.

I hope Grundy is done but I have this feeling she's gonna be back.
            I had the same feeling, unfortunately. For somebody that just lost her job, she didn't seem the slightest bit worried. Perhaps sucking on the slurpee and scoping out all the other teen-aged boys in the neighborhood made her feel better...*gag*

I don't know what to feel about Betty I mean She was willing to be the town crazy to save Archie?
            What I didn't get about all of that was why Betty's mom had an axe to grind against Archie. What on earth did he ever do to her to make her hate him—so much so that she was willing to go that far? It didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Comment

Glad to see the whole Archie/Ms. Grundy thing is over. Though, I wanted her to face some actual consequences, not just leave town.

Someone needs to do something about Betty's wacho mom. She goes around being hostile to Betty's friends (what have they ever done to her?) and engages in a witch hunt for the Blossom family, through her newspaper.

Rolled my eyes a bit over the whole thing about Jughead trying to save the drive-in. At first I thought it was simply one of those "oh, I have emotional attachment to this place, so it has to be kept, despite no one else wants to" (like Lana Lang and the Talon), but then realized there was more to it, when we discovered he sleeps there. So, I think that was a nice move by the writers. Give more depth to it, than someone not being able to let go of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                Someone needs to do something about Betty's wacho mom. She goes around being hostile to Betty's friends (what have they ever done to her?) and engages in a witch hunt for the Blossom family, through her newspaper.
                It's funny. I think Alice is hilarious. Yet, Cheryl sort of acts the same way and I can't stand her. It's a fine line to walk, but I think Madchen Amick pulls it off without a hitch compared to the actress playing Cheryl. However, you're that it seems kind of one-note at this point. I'd like to see another side to her.

Rolled my eyes a bit over the whole thing about Jughead trying to save the drive-in. At first I thought it was simply one of those "oh, I have emotional attachment to this place, so it has to be kept, despite no one else wants to" (like Lana Lang and the Talon), but then realized there was more to it, when we discovered he sleeps there. So, I think that was a nice move by the writers. Give more depth to it, than someone not being able to let go of the past.
                I agree. His reaction to it being demolished in the diner scene seemed so over the top to me, but then it made since when it was revealed that he had nowhere to go. His dad's reaction to the whole thing got me too. It seemed like he couldn't care less that his son was homeless. I hope we get an explanation for that.

Comment

What I didn't get about all of that was why Betty's mom had an axe to grind against Archie. What on earth did he ever do to her to make her hate him—so much so that she was willing to go that far? It didn't make a whole lot of sense.
                  I can kind of get where she's coming from she is a mother and I think she has a right to worry though I think she has crossed the line a few times.

We haven't seen the full effect on Polly only heard about it. We have not even seen Polly. From my mind, Archie and Betty has some similarities with Jason and Polly. Archie is a red hair and football jock like Jason. (We've seen how the other football jocks are last episode). This alone is no good reason to hate Archie in the beginning but given the Archie/Grundy thing I can see issues. Further Betty is so madly in love with Archie she was willing to be known as the town crazy for him. And then she finds the gun? I worry about Betty. She has a dark side a lot of repressed emotions I'm guessing.

There is something I thought about but dismissed.
                  Miss Grundy is a suspect in the Jason Doll murder. Miss Grundy has mentioned she has also had private sessions with Jason. Given her attitude towards young men? I dismissed it because she was with Archie in the pilot but remember Jason died a week later.

She also has a gun was that tested or was the bullet that killed Jason from a gun like Miss Grundy's

Comment

I agree. His reaction to it being demolished in the diner scene seemed so over the top to me, but then it made since when it was revealed that he had nowhere to go. His dad's reaction to the whole thing got me too. It seemed like he couldn't care less that his son was homeless. I hope we get an explanation for that.
                    Agreed. Where is Jughead's mom and sister in all of this? Doesn't anyone know? Does the bestfriend Archie not know?

Comment

Agreed. Jughead is a lot more likeable than any other character. I wonder if he'll track Hermione down. Hermione seems to have plans against the Doll's given her comment with the mayor.

Comment

I can kind of get where she's coming from she is a mother and I think she has a right to worry though I think she has crossed the line a few times.
                        I understand that Alice is afraid that history will repeat itself with Betty and Archie (like it did with Jason and her other daughter), but: All of that should've gone out the window for the fact that Betty has known Archie since they were small children. Sure, she got her heart broken when Archie confessed that he didn't love her the way she wanted/hoped, but she wasn't in harm's way. Alice is just too overprotective.

Where is Jughead's mom and sister in all of this? Doesn't anyone know? Does the bestfriend Archie not know?
                        I'm sure we'll find out. I'd like to know if anybody is aware of the fact that Jughead is homeless.

Comment

agree

Comment

it is verry funny!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡