Arrow is based on the comics but,

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow is based on the comics but,

What story line has the show not done?

There are 75 years' worth of stories that the show has never done and probably will never do.

Comment

Originally posted by acer15
      What story line has the show not done?
      Green Arrow and Green Lantern road tripping across the US of A.

Comment

Not a whole lot is left actually.

Here's the list of major Green Arrow comic-book milestones the show has covered so far-

-Oliver's time on the island.

-Roy Harper becoming Arsenal.

-Thea Queen (aka Mia Dearden) becoming Speedy.

-Dinah Laurel Lance becoming Black Canary (not a 'Green Arrow' milestone per se, but anyway).

-Green Arrow/Black Canary relationship partnership (not in the most ideal way...but they've covered it with Oliver/Laurel in the backstory and Oliver/Sara in Season 2).

-The Glades being devastated in an attack engineered by Merlyn.

-Oliver having an illegitimate child he didn't know about from before the island, and then learning about that child.

-Oliver becoming the mayor of Star City.

-Oliver dying and returning (happened literally in the comics, he was only MIA in the series).

-Isabel Rochev taking over the Queen empire.

-Oliver losing his fortune.

At this point, these are the only real milestones from the comics left-

-Oliver losing the mayorship (which almost certainly will happen by the end of Season 5).

-Oliver's road-trip with Hal (never happening on the show for obvious reasons).

-Oliver and Dinah shacking up at Sherwood Florist in Seattle (the Seattle bit is unlikely...but a romance between Oliver and the new Dinah isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility).

-Oliver's identity as the Green Arrow being exposed. (Its been teased twice now in the series, and it may well happen in the series finale...but again, its worth remembering that the exposure has never 'stuck' in the comics).

Comment

Oliver and Dinah shacking up at Sherwood Florist in Seattle (the Seattle bit is unlikely...but a romance between Oliver and the new Dinah isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility).

-Oliver's identity as the Green Arrow being exposed. (Its been teased twice now in the series, and it may well happen in the series finale...but again, its worth remembering that the exposure has never 'stuck' in the comics).
          Both events are still entirely possible but I really hope neither do happen. I just have a big problem with three Canaries all sleeping with Oliver Queen. I do not like the idea of women being treated as that replaceable for one another. It feels icky. And disrespectful.

But I will HATE with a burning fire if they have Oliver reveal he's GA to the public (and don't walk it back).

It's a terrible idea that doesn't make any sense in the world Arrow has created. In the comics it can kind of work because GA only ever killed one guy. In Arrow they have brought murder back in a BIG way. I could almost imagine him exposing his secret, getting pardoned (he did help save the world for aliens) but then what? He's not going to retire, not unless the show is over. Any masked activity and he should get arrested.

So all the reasons why he should have a secret identity remain.

The show will break my ability to suspend disbelief if they have Oliver go public. It ultimately ruined Smallville Ollie for me. He is not Iron Man. Iron Man was sort of sanctioned by the government and the army. Oliver does have any of that. It doesn't work under this set up circumstances.
          Last edited by BkWurm1; 02-20-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
            Both events are still entirely possible but I really hope neither do happen. I just have a big problem with three Canaries all sleeping with Oliver Queen. I do not like the idea of women being treated as that replaceable for one another. It feels icky. And disrespectful.

But I will HATE with a burning fire if they have Oliver reveal he's GA to the public (and don't walk it back).

It's a terrible idea that doesn't make any sense in the world Arrow has created. In the comics it can kind of work because GA only ever killed one guy. In Arrow they have brought murder back in a BIG way. I could almost imagine him exposing his secret, getting pardoned (he did help save the world for aliens) but then what? He's not going to retire, not unless the show is over. Any masked activity and he should get arrested.

The show will break my ability to suspend disbelief if they have Oliver go public. It ultimately ruined Smallville Ollie for me. He is not Iron Man. Iron Man was sort of sanctioned by the government and the army. Oliver does have any of that. It doesn't work under this set up circumstances.
            BkWurm1 is right, the only way Oliver Queen can out himself publicly as the Green Arrow is if he either never kills again or he becomes a fugitive but then he'll never again be able to hold a public office or run Queen Consolidated.

As for Oliver sleeping with Dinah, he's always been a playboy and womanizer so it wouldn't surprise me in the least but it would be so repetitive that it'd be boring.
            Last edited by DoubleDevil; 02-21-2017, 01:19 AM.

Comment

I 100% agree that the Trope Alpha Male is one of the most annoying traits of "Arrow". And that's why my endgame is Ollie, the hood and the bow. In fact I see no reason why - given the rocky history of Ollie's relationships - any woman should be so special that any relationship in the show should or could stay pernament.

I must disagree about the second part though. The identity reveal and Ollie as the fugitive could make an amazing story - if written properly (given the fact how they treat Billy's death and the aftermatch - it's not within the capabilities of the current writing team). It would put him in a really crappy situation giving his The Past, but it would be something the show really "haven't done before". They've really wasted the potential in "Public Enemy" - or rather they've should never do that, since immediately after pulling it off they backed down. Well, apparently everyone in Star(ling) are idiots. Fans tried to come up with plausible explanation how it could look from an averange Star(ling) citizen's point of view and it even made some sense, but the show never cared to explain it. It's kind of stupid that no one makes connection between the Arrow and Green Arrow and I hope that they won't forget in 5x14 that China White never had a beef with... GA, but with the Arrow.

Star City 2046 teased Ollie's identity being outed and the unpleasant consequences - while it was alternative reality I think that it's not an option that's not on the table. Then again it would had an impact on all people connected to Oliver - and I'm just not sure they would be able to built a story like that.

Besides I don't want them to copy more of my fic ideas.

Btw. in comics, after Ollie killed Prometheus, he was kicked out of the town, if I remember correctly. The absouletely ridiculus thing I've read about is that Cupid, who slaughtered a considerable number of people (most of them innocent) was pardoned and forgiven (by the heroes), while Ollie, who had a good reason to kill Prometheus, was treated like the worst kind of criminal. It seems that the logic is not always the strongest point in the source material as well. I haven't read that story as of yet (had seen some pages/panels), because I'm not brave enough after I've read a long review of one fan, who pointed all of the above flaws.

Comment

Both events are still entirely possible but I really hope neither do happen. I just have a big problem with three Canaries all sleeping with Oliver Queen. I do not like the idea of women being treated as that replaceable for one another. It feels icky. And disrespectful. But I will HATE with a burning fire if they have Oliver reveal he's GA to the public (and don't walk it back). It's a terrible idea that doesn't make any sense in the world Arrow has created. In the comics it can kind of work because GA only ever killed one guy. In Arrow they have brought murder back in a BIG way. I could almost imagine him exposing his secret, getting pardoned (he did help save the world for aliens) but then what? He's not going to retire, not unless the show is over. Any masked activity and he should get arrested.
                Sounds good to me! Let's do that now. Continue the show with Roy and Thea. Now that's a show. Actual heroes. I'd gladly watch it then. It might actually be good. Thea or Roy can be Green Arrow. Thea would rock that GA. Or Connor Hawke can time travel back and become GA. That's a comic thing right? Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

I would have liked them to do "The Kill Machine" and "The Outsiders War" but I guess it is too late for them to do it now.

I do want them to adapt those into an animated movie.
                  Last edited by Halberdier17; 02-21-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                    I would have liked them to do "The Kill Machine" and "The Outsiders War" but I guess it is too late for them to do it now.

I do want them to adapt those into an animated movie.
                    They really should do more animated movies on the more obscure heroes. If it's a good story, it will make a good movie and the animated more often than not gets it right.

Comment

Please don't take any more Batman storylines, like you did for Season 3...........

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎