Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinah or Olicty?

So here's my question for a hypothetical situation

1) No more Olicty and Arrow gets new writers

Only Laurel stays dead and Dinah takes on role of Black Canary with developing a end game romance with Oliver.

Which Oliver stays the dark hero he's at in season 5 and never really becomes the guy from the comics. Maybe a little less brooding.

Felcity leaves/kicked off the team or becomes a full on villain

2) Earth 1 Laurel comes back as the Black Canary and so does the Oliver/Laurel romance but Guggenheim and Wendy stay around until it ends.

Dinah Drake gets killed off.

Oliver becomes the guy from the comics with goatee, trick arrows and all.

Felicity stays on the team and even forming her own "Birds of Prey" with her, Laurel and Thea as Speedy

So guys which one would you pick?
    Last edited by Haggard01; 02-11-2017, 08:31 PM. Reason: Wanted to make things a little bit more difficult

Neither if the quality of the show doesn't improve.

If Dinah is given what makes Black Canary Black Canary and the overall quality improves then I'd go with the first hypothetical. Quite honestly though I'd probably be OK with Olicity if it was done well and I'm a very staunch opponent of Olicity. Not just the relationship needs to be improved but Felicity herself and the show overall.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
      Neither if the quality of the show doesn't improve.

If Dinah is given what makes Black Canary Black Canary and the overall quality improves then I'd go with the first hypothetical. Quite honestly though I'd probably be OK with Olicity if it was done well and I'm a very staunch opponent of Olicity. Not just the relationship needs to be improved but Felicity herself and the show overall.
      I actually rewrote the second one. So round two.

Comment

Yes, I see that you have made this very difficult!

The first thing that jumped out at me was Felicity forming "her own" team of Laurel and Thea. Nope. Absolutely not. I would never watch any show with a group of vigilante-heroes headed up by Felicity. She can be in charge of a group of hackers, but not vigilante action fighters. Especially when I see that she would be written by Guggie & Mericles, so there'd be no chance that we'd get anything much different than what we already get w/ how she has been written (which I've already ranted about at length elsewhere...)

So I guess when I see the part about Felicity AND the fact that MG & WM would still be running the show, hands-down I'd have to go w/ #1.

I was very fond of Laurel by S4. I think the character got a raw deal and I was frustrated that, after I had invested all that time in watching her character develop, they just killed her off. But, the main reason why I started watching the show in the first place was Oliver, and that was the character I was most invested in and my favorite character, even if yes, he was often a jerk. (Until of course the S4 disaster when his story became about his Olicity journey and Felicity became the hero Oh and don't even get me started on Smoak family drama .)

#1 would offer the advantage of new writers, which would certainly be preferable to keeping MG/WM AND letting them run wild w/ Felicity. I don't mind if Oliver stays dark - that's what I expected from the show from the get-go based on all the pre-pilot publicity. Romance was never the selling point, at any time, on the show for me, so whoever he's with, just keep it from taking over the whole show and stay away from all the melodramatic romantic angst - that would be my hope.

Comment

My point remains, I want a quality show the rest I could care less about. I will side with Shelby though on Felicity founding and heading the Birds of Prey, Barbara could pull it off because she was a vigilante before founding them, Felicity is nothing more than a two-bit hacker. On the other hand, if Laurel would found and lead the group and pull in Felicity, that could work.

Just sticking with canon isn't enough. I enjoy Lethal Weapon not because the show stays true to the movies (although that helps) but because there's quality to be seen.
          Last edited by DoubleDevil; 02-11-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Neither. Why would I want Laurel back to just to butcher her character further with the despicable, on Oliver's side, ship? Same with poor Tinah. I wouldn't wish him on even her, no matter what lackings in character she may have. Felicity is the least of the problems here. No matter what bad writing abounds.The optimal route is that Laurel's revealed to be alive, her death faked by Talia. Her spirit and soul gets transferred to Siren's, because TWIST, Prometheus has never been any one person, it's been many people, body possessed by Talia, Laurel being the most recent, to punish Oliver for giving up on the list, letting Malcolm go, killing Ra's and disbanding the LOA. Oliver uses Constantine's help, to pull Laurel out of her possesed body and into Siren's, so he can take her on without risk. The whole team defeats her. Felicity wants to kill Talia, but isn't allowed to and quits, leaving the team. Dinah Drake is revealed to be a plant by the very much alive Amanda Waller, her real name Vanessa Kingsbury, AKA Shrike, a member of an underground Suicide Squad, trying to discover why Shadowspire is after John Diggle. This is the season cliffhanger, along with Oliver, after realizing that he needs to take responsibility for his crimes, turns himself in.This leads to a season 6 with Slade Wilson, Suicide Squad and with Shadowspire as the main villains. Have a very great day! God bless you all!
            Last edited by Dagenspear; 02-12-2017, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
              So here's my question for a hypothetical situation

1) No more Olicty and Arrow gets new writers

Only Laurel stays dead and Dinah takes on role of Black Canary with developing a end game romance with Oliver.

Which Oliver stays the dark hero he's at in season 5 and never really becomes the guy from the comics. Maybe a little less brooding.

Felcity leaves/kicked off the team or becomes a full on villain

2) Earth 1 Laurel comes back as the Black Canary and so does the Oliver/Laurel romance but Guggenheim and Wendy stay around until it ends.

Dinah Drake gets killed off.

Oliver becomes the guy from the comics with goatee, trick arrows and all.

Felicity stays on the team and even forming her own "Birds of Prey" with her, Laurel and Thea as Speedy

So guys which one would you pick?
              I choose Carriver.

But seriously - we had seen already what happens when MG presented all his "capabilities" as the showrunner. While he might be a good writer (there were episodes he had wrote that they weren't half bad back in early seasons), he seems to not fully get that Green Arrow story shouldn't necessary focus on omelettes, red pens, love ferns, fake weddings and other nonsense. Sixth season is a good moment for a show to get new showrunners and to be honest I don't care about end games as long as the main objective will be showing GA saving the city and doing vigilante stuff. I doubt Felicity will ever leave or turn into a villain. When it comes to Olicity I think nothing except one-sided pathological relationship would satisfy me, and somehow I doubt they would go along this way. So I would choose Dinah/Ollie - but first I need to see here some develoment when it comes to Dinah as a character, because right now she is just a "blank" for me, who conveniently was given The Past, certain Skill Set (Canary Cry & Good in Hand to Hand Comabt) and was thanks to Plot Demands added to the team (not like I don't like her, but similarly like other new characters - she needs to grow on me).

Ollie can't become the same guy he is in comic (for example in the current run) because after what he had been through it's a miracle that he still has his sanity. I'm okay with brooding angsty GA, because I had nothing against him standing on a rooftop with a sour expression staring into a distance in pouring rain.

Btw. Laurel/Oliver written in the same way as Olicity would be entirely as bad. Maybe it would eat up little less screen time, because Ollie could recite her love poems about her being his light of the life when they would be both suited up, and they could bake pancakes between missions, but still just one big, fat no.

Comment

Dinah, of course! Hope they give her more screen time this season

Comment

Dinah for sure.

I saw more sparks in their first few scenes together than I ever saw in any of the Olicity stuff. There is some good, romantic chemistry there between Oliver and Dinah.

Comment

I don't like the female report that Oliver is dating. I think they should have Felicity Kill her to protect Oliver.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎