No announcement yet.

Iris WILL die, but it won't be Iris.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iris WILL die, but it won't be Iris.

Just had a thought. Iris WILL die, but I don't think it will be Iris.

In an ep earlier this season, HR premiered a device that allowed him to look like someone else.
    Is it therefore too much of a stretch to think that someone will therefore use such a device to 'impersonate' Iris and take death in her place.

Only question would be who.

Yeah, why introduce a concept like that device if they're not going to use it later on for a situation like the death of Iris.

Comment

If your right, it would probably be H.R., its his device and it would be a good way to get rid of him to make way for another Wells.

Comment

@ Carmine That was my thought as well. He would prove his 'worth' to the team.

Comment

I think if the show goes the route of events happening the way Barry saw them happen, but with there being some sort of twist, then I don't think it'll be HR because he's on the roof. It could be Caitlin or Julian, as some sort of redemptive sacrifice. Could also be Joe to save his daughter. Or it could be Wally, who could let Savitar stab him by phasing his body so it wouldn't actually hurt him.

All total guesses that assume this even happens. I still think Julian is the one who dies because he's not an official part of the cast.

Comment

@ Backward Galaxy. I'm sure a twist will be coming, and the more i think about it, i think this (the device) could be it. As the weeks go by they'll realize they can't stop the future, and that Iris or imo more probably, someone who looks like her will end up dying. Even if it is the real iris, it would be great if Don and Dawn Allen came from the 31st C to take her back there and 'save her' after she's been stabbed.

looking forward to how it plays out, would ofc be cool if i was correct about the device tho.

Comment

I think Joe will get killed instead of Iris. Remember that one of the future headlines that Barry saw was something about Joe West being honored.....my guess is that will be a honorary ceremony for Joe's service with the Central City police force.

Comment

What would be really shocking is if the Iris we know actually DOES get killed and the events play out exactly as Barry saw them.

Comment

[QUOTE=speople;8172655]...It would be great if Don and Dawn Allen came from the 31st C to take her back there and 'save her' after she's been stabbed./QUOTE]

As much as I'd love to see Don and Dawn Allen, I really hope they change their names slightly. Don and Dawn works great on paper in a comic book, but verbally, it's confusing @%$!

Comment

@ Backward Galaxy: That Wells on the roof is imo the Earth 2 version.

Interestingly, many of the theories currently going around on Youtube now share my theory as well. Would be amazing if my prediction turned out to be correct, esp since I called it a few months ago now and was therefore possibly there first.

Comment

What if H.R. is the one who uses the device in place of the real Iris and the one on the roof with the gun was Earth-2 Wells?

Comment

Is possible but why would he go into certain death like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                          Is possible but why would he go into certain death like that?
                          To actually be someone he has only ever written about. A hero. Also, on his own world, Earth 19, he's a condemned man anyway.

Besides, you'd think that since there are 2 Wells' that they'd BOTH be at the funeral of a major cast member. Since from the leaked photos, there's only 1, that could possibly mean the other is in the one in the casket.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                            I think Joe will get killed instead of Iris. Remember that one of the future headlines that Barry saw was something about Joe West being honored.....my guess is that will be a honorary ceremony for Joe's service with the Central City police force.
                            Quoting this because I just rewatched that episode and the headline says "Joe West honored at City Hall," which could actually imply he dies in service, so he could snatch HR's device and use it to trick Savitar. That would explain why Iris had no ring on her finger at the time of her death. Although I don't know if that device works for just a person's face or their entire body.

Also, no guarantee that Joe stays dead either.

Comment

All this talk about someone imporsonating her and tricking savitar, and then who it will be, and meanwhile I am sitting here thinking the Human target might be able to help them out (who appeared in the fifth episode of the fifth season of Arrow).

Although extremely unlikely that that would actually happen, since for some reason the Barry and Oliver don't seem to care about staying in contact and helping each other, even if it is woth words and ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎